Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2005, 05:30 PM   #1
brownsbros3

How many humans did Buffy kill?

I'm trying to find this out for somebody on another website.
brownsbros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 06:30 PM   #2
v120176

I don't remember her killing any human. She still was with the "We can't kill humans". That was what ATS left behind clearly since Angel cutted Lindsey's hand (also Cordy said "I don't mind Holtz, kill him", Gunn saying that was okay killing lindwood, not mentioning the proffesor (Fred on this too), and well Wes ).

But there were times when she didn't do her job and because of that people died. Obviously she can't save all the people, I'm talking some very specific situations when she avoided her responsability: When she couldn't kill Angelus after the Judge, (only kicked his groin), and thanks to that a lot of people died, included Miss Calendar. Or when she went to LA after killing Angel, letting Sunnydale with the only protection of a couple teens without training or strength . I said those deads were her fault.

Also, when she "killed" the Robot Billy, she hitted him with full strength thinking he was human. Okay, he hitted her first, but she said something like "I was waiting for you to do that" so she really wanted to do it. So, at least at first and for her, she did use her powers to kill a human that time.

Last edited by v120176; 10-29-2005 at 06:34 PM.
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 09:00 PM   #3
angdelia
Scratch the Surface

She killed those warriors (human, right?) in the 20th episode of season five, but I guess it only counts as self defense...

Sanity? Pfft, what's that?
angdelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 09:50 PM   #4
brownsbros3

The person I was trying to find that out listed that as one of the examples. I'm not talking about just cold blooded murders, but just killing in general. I had looked up that episode in the guide at tvtome.com (now tv.com) and mentioned that Buffy killed the guy in that episode. One of the notes was that although she claims that she doesn't kill humans, it has happened before. I'm sure if that's true that they were probably all bad guys. I have not seen every Buffy episode so I couldn't help him out.
brownsbros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 05:05 AM   #5
galathea

Though with the exception of killing that human warriors in season 5 I can't remember her actually killing humans but that doesn't mean she wasn't willing or capable to.

In Ted she kills her mothers boyfriend without knowing that he isn't human out of pure anger and jealousy.

In Graduation Day she goes out and hunts down Faith with the intention to kill her and nearly is successful.

In Normal Again she tries to kill her friends and family .. though she is mentally unstable at that point.

So I think it's only luck on her part that she did not become a cold blooded murderer.

Last edited by galathea; 10-30-2005 at 05:08 AM.
galathea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 03:41 PM   #6
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

A new Stranger Things Bumper Sticker...

"I'm not a murderer. That doesn't mean I haven't tried."

At Weekends My Name Is Ernie
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 04:19 PM   #7
Mr.Brightside
Queen Charisma...

Quote:
Originally Posted by angdelia
She killed those warriors (human, right?) in the 20th episode of season five, but I guess it only counts as self defense...
Those were humans, but I don't recall her killing them though.

"I grow up in Quor Toth....A Hell Dimension"
"Full of all sorts of things that you can't even imagine"

Mr.Brightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 07:06 AM   #8
Andromeda7_4

Quote:
Originally Posted by galathea
Though with the exception of killing that human warriors in season 5 I can't remember her actually killing humans but that doesn't mean she wasn't willing or capable to.

In Ted she kills her mothers boyfriend without knowing that he isn't human out of pure anger and jealousy.
But she didn't intend to; in their struggle, he fell down the stairs and seemed to be dead.

Quote:
In Graduation Day she goes out and hunts down Faith with the intention to kill her and nearly is successful.
I don't think she intended to kill Faith; if she did, why take along the handcuffs?

Quote:
In Normal Again she tries to kill her friends and family .. though she is mentally unstable at that point.
I don't think that counts, since she wasn't mentally responsible.
Andromeda7_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 07:34 AM   #9
That*clown

Location: suburban D.C.-supplied with a different breed of demons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromeda7_4
I don't think she intended to kill Faith; if she did, why take along the handcuffs?
I think she absolutely intended to kill Faith. As far as she knew, Angel's cure required him to drain the blood of a slayer. The handcuffs were just a way to cut down the work of getting Faith's neck to him.

Go, me.
That*clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 11:52 AM   #10
galathea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromeda7_4
Oh, she made it quite clear that she intended to kill Faith.

Buffy: No, it's perfect. Angel needs to drain a Slayer, then I'll bring him one.
Willow: Buffy, if Angel drains Faith's blood, it'll kill her.
Buffy: Not if she's already dead.

Faith: Come to get me? You gonna feed me to Angel? You know you're not going to take me alive.
Buffy: Not a problem.

(Graduation Day)
galathea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 12:24 PM   #11
rousedower
cancelled

And I don't blame her for wanting to kill Faith.
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13
rousedower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 08:50 AM   #12
Andromeda7_4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rousedower
And I don't blame her for wanting to kill Faith.
I don't either.
But, I still think Buffy would not have been able to go through with it.
She often talked about killing people (Parker, for one). But in the end she didn't do it, her saving instinct kicked in.

That's why I think she wouldn't really have been able to bring herself to finish off Faith.
Andromeda7_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 10:38 AM   #13
v120176

Okay, she doesn't want to kill humans...... but sometimes that's a weakness Let's go to the Ben is Glory thing.... She beats the crap of Glory at "The Gift" and suddenly Ben appears and says to her that Glory is deeply buried inside of him and that he promise she will never come out again. So she believes him and let him go.....

The only thing the gang knew about Glory was that she wanted to go home and that opening the portal will destroy the world. And that she had one chance in THEIR time... they didn't know if a century after she will have the same chance or not, or even if Glory wanted to take Ben's body to dominate this world since she couldn't go back to home.

Buffy could defeat Glory thanks to what Willow did and even with that she almost got killed (Xander saved her, remember?) So she knew that Glory could take the body again, that Ben was her human form and the only moment Glory was weak. She SHOULD have killed Ben. She let an Evil, terrible God walk away just because the human form say "I'm gonna be a good boy and I will not let her go out again"

I don't buy Giles' speach about Buffy being a hero and because of that she does always the right thing, but that he (giles) wasn't a hero.. and with that he kills Ben.

Sorry, sometimes is easy be a hero like that, with other people doing what she must do and doesn't want to. She killed Angel, but he was a vampire. (love of her life or not) She said clearly that she wasn't going to let anyone kill Dawn between other reasons because she was innocent and human. She understood up there that she could die in Dawn's place. Question, what if she couldn't die in Dawn's place? Giles said IN SEASON 7 (two years after that) that she now understood what was important and that her choice in that time was wrong, that if the same happens now she would have killed Dawn... So Giles was sure, Buffy was not capable of killing Dawn at that time. So, again, another one was going to have to do her job.

Just saying and playing Devil's avocate
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote