Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2004, 03:59 PM   #31
Bernie the Moose

it sucks that we won't be seeing her every week, but come on, ITS UPN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD and it probably wouldn't get picked up since the leads arent black (im not racist, juss a lil pun to make fun of upn). This will hopefully free up her time to do WW or another big movie like james bond.
Bernie the Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 05:36 PM   #32
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Quote:
Posted by Bernie the Moose
ITS UPN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD and it probably wouldn't get picked up since the leads arent black.
Kinda noticed that too
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 05:38 PM   #33
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Okay, guys -- let's not go any further down that road, m'kay? Sorry to issue a preemptive strike, but I'd rather we stop now.
Old 05-20-2004, 05:56 PM   #34
tojoson

i must admit, i'm a litle bummed right now, but i'll get over it

like has been said before, she is now free to do some guest shots (a lot) WW, alias, 24, and many others (alias and 24 look like they are going for an uninterupted run starting after the first of the year), there's comedy shows, and tv movies (no, not that one). i wouldn't mind seeing a sequal to SJD.
i'd like to see her play god on joan of arcardia, (after all she IS a higher being now)

i'm sure that we will see a lot of her next yea.r
Old 05-20-2004, 05:58 PM   #35
Bertha Blue

Kinda OT, but I heard that Marti Nixon's pilot/show Point Pleasant wasn't picked up by Fox.

I guess when it comes to the ME alumni, it's feast or famine.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:03 PM   #36
askew

Wow, that's disappointing. Unfortunately, new sitcoms don't seem to be very popular with the networks. I think concentrating on hour-long dramas might be a wiser move at this time. Hopefully, Charisma will be able to land some guest roles on TV dramas this fall. And maybe she'll look at doing some movies as well. I hope she can capture the buzz from Playboy and land some great part this fall.

BB, that's too bad about Marti Noxin's show. It sounded pretty interesting.
Charisma's BITCH #13
TeamCordy™#0913

askew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 07:11 PM   #37
Bertha Blue

Yeah, I thought so too. But then again, networks don't like interesting and quirky. Just look at Miracles or Wonderfalls. That is why I was shocked (yes really) when Tru Calling got picked up.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:12 PM   #38
brownsbros3

One of things that surprised me when I saw the UPN schedule is one Fridays. Instead of putting Cats & Dogs and another sitcom from 8pm-9pm ET(7pm-8pm CT), they've decided to show a re-run of America's Top Model. That just reeks of stupidity. Considering that ATM, can't even get a 2.0 rating for their first-run episodes. Has anyone heard as to whether or not it Cats & Dogs may be picked up as a mid-season replacement?
brownsbros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 07:53 PM   #39
Jake

Futon Critic is indicating that there's no midseason pickup either for Cats & Dogs, so the show appears dead. http://66.51.173.18/cgi/gofuton.cgi?...pn&type=pilots I hope someone posts a copy of the pilot some day though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by askew
Wow, that's disappointing. Unfortunately, new sitcoms don't seem to be very popular with the networks. I think concentrating on hour-long dramas might be a wiser move at this time. Hopefully, Charisma will be able to land some guest roles on TV dramas this fall. And maybe she'll look at doing some movies as well.
I agree - for this year anyway. Some of the others whose sitcoms didn't get picked up include: Jennifer Love Hewitt, Jenny McCarthy, Colin Hanks, David Hasselhoff, Jessica Simpson, Alyson Hannigan, Rob Reiner, Jane Krakowski, Julia Duffy, Kirstie Alley, Selma Blair, and Gina Gershon. Pretty tough market, and pretty good company.

Here's a good story from Reuters on the subject: "TV Sitcoms Losing Ground to Drama, Reality Shows." http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ure_sitcoms_dc

Last edited by Jake; 05-20-2004 at 08:56 PM.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 09:04 PM   #40
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
I hope someone posts a copy of the pilot some day though.
The pilot might be available in unofficial outlets. I am on my way to the Wizard World Convention at Philly to get Eliza Dushku's autograph and picture. (BTW, Eliza will be the third Buffy/Angel player I have meet. I meet J August Richards (Gunn) and Anthony Steward Head (Giles).) I will check the booths there and if the pilot does show up I will buy it up and maybe get a couple copies to Penny here and Shal at C-C.com. They should be able to make it available to all who worship the great goddess Charisma...

I have looked at the darkness of the world, and all I see is the light of humanity - Unknown

Come check out my blog: http://freakfaceusacelebpics.blogspot.com/
Freakface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 12:29 AM   #41
aapac

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsbros3
One of things that surprised me when I saw the UPN schedule is one Fridays. Instead of putting Cats & Dogs and another sitcom from 8pm-9pm ET(7pm-8pm CT), they've decided to show a re-run of America's Top Model. That just reeks of stupidity. Considering that ATM, can't even get a 2.0 rating for their first-run episodes.
wasn't ATM getting pretty massive ratings for UPN? it didn't do so well with the encores when it was against Angel, but the first runs rated really highly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertha Blue
I'm am sorry to hear that. UPN obviously doesn't have a clue what makes a good show. Oh well, UPN's loss is somebody else's gain.
maybe the show was just bad... a good lead actress doesn't make a show good
aapac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 01:24 AM   #42
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapac
wasn't ATM getting pretty massive ratings for UPN? it didn't do so well with the encores when it was against Angel, but the first runs rated really highly

maybe the show was just bad... a good lead actress doesn't make a show good
I doubt the show was bad. It reportedly screened well and it was mentioned in several articles that there was a lot of good buzz surrounding it. I think it was a purely financial decision on UPN's part. They only picked up three shows, one of which was the comedy with the least amount of buzz. Plus, the encore of ANTM ended up on the schedule last year because Jake 2.0 was cancelled. That they would choose to schedule a repeat right off the bat rather than take a chance on a new show leads me to believe these decisions were based on financial matters, moreso than creative matters.
Old 05-21-2004, 08:43 AM   #43
brownsbros3

Maybe, because it was done at the last minute is why it didn't get picked up. Maybe if they had filmed it back in say late February early March, they might have stood a better shot. (I'm just guessing here.)

America's Top Model on Wednesday nights was always in last place among the six networks.
brownsbros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 11:22 AM   #44
mef2101
TiVoholic! Have pity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
As one who usually can find dark clouds looming on even the brightest of days...
LMAO! That sort of self deprecating humor always makes reading these threads a joy.

Thanks, Jake! You made me laugh even when I was reading about this minor bump in CC's career.
mef2101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 04:16 PM   #45
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Anybody think that FOX or ABC could pick up the show? Could, not is. I no its crazy but a person can dream.
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote