Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2005, 07:59 AM   #376
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Syndication always robs shows of content. Generally you don't notice but sometimes it can be pretty bad.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:15 AM   #377
tojoson

what bothers me is their habit of breaking for commercials within a few seconds of a built in break point

i've seen them break in the middle of a scene, come back, and have a built-in break 10 seconds later (TNT does this all the time, but only in the first part of the show,
they use the built-in breaks near the end
Old 03-04-2005, 03:04 PM   #378
AngelHair
Sucker for vampire mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy
If you caught the end of "Awakening" they basically cut out the whole love scene. It went from C/A starting to kiss to Angel gasping and being Angelus. It was ridiculous.
I recorded "Awakening" from TNT back when season four made it's first round on that channel. I have the entire love scene on my tape. (I just saw it recently on TV, and the scene was intact.) In fact, I watched that part over and over and over... well, you get the picture. Like I said in my previous post, I didn't even bother recording from our WB affiliate. That was ridiculous. I think some of C/A conversation in the courtyard was cut and possibly some of what A/W were talking about after Angel "escapes" from the cell. I'm not sure. I just know it pissed me off.

"You know how parties are: you're always afraid no one will suck the energy out of the room like a giant black hole of boring despair -- but there you were, in the clinch." ~ Cordelia ("She")
AngelHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 05:25 PM   #379
DamnSkippy

I recorded off TNT when it first ran, also, and it was mostly in tact. But the last time it aired in my area the ending was butchered. Maybe it's a local thing, I dunno. Anywho, suffice it to say TNT does edit the episodes so they are not what was originially aired. It may not be as bad as the WB reruns, but they are still not complete.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 09:19 PM   #380
writingpathways
Rachel Elisabeth

Location: Real Life Locale: Somewhere in Connecticut. The truth: In my head. It's both scary and quite lovely there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy
I recorded off TNT when it first ran, also, and it was mostly in tact. But the last time it aired in my area the ending was butchered. Maybe it's a local thing, I dunno. Anywho, suffice it to say TNT does edit the episodes so they are not what was originially aired. It may not be as bad as the WB reruns, but they are still not complete.

I've never noticed major content missing from TNT, though where they sometimes place the commercials drives me crazy. It's like that scene is not OVER! The worst edit I ever saw was a WB weekend rerun of City Of.... They cut out the entire sequence where Angel jumps into the wrong convertible -- that was just wrong.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:22 AM   #381
brownsbros3

I noticed the Awakening thing on TNT. When they first started on TNT they were airing the season four episodes only on Tuesday nights. When the Angel/Cordelia lovemaking scene originally aired it was uncut. However, I've noticed since seeing it in syndication and on TNT nowadays it is reduced in length. Unfortunately they kept the Buffy crap in there.
brownsbros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 11:35 AM   #382
tojoson

TNT always runs the first round of syndication uncut, (sometimes they even advertise it that way)

after that they butcher them.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:22 PM   #383
Temujin
Universal Ruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoson
when Lindsey left town in S-3, he said that you can't beat Wolfrum and Hart by playing their game, you must make them play your's.

so what does the stoop do in the final of S-4 and the whole of S-5, he tries to beat Wolfrum and Hart by playing THEIR game, the exact opposite of what Lindsey told him to do.
What Lindsey told him can be derived from common sense, to as far back as Sun Tzu's THE ART OF WAR. Sometimes, a superior enemy can only be defeated by denying it battle, unlike the events in Not Fade Away.
" The horse thief shall be killed. The sentry that is negligent shall be killed. The arrow messenger that becomes drunk shall be killed. The man who appropriates loot for himself shall be killed. The leader who is incompetent shall be killed".-Genghis Khan
Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 10:06 PM   #384
brownsbros3

One correction though, Lindsey left in season 2 not season 3.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:01 PM   #385
rousedower
cancelled

I caught the ending of TSILA today. Although I never thought this show was all that to begin with, it brought back memories and really demonstrates how much they crapped the show, and the C/A relationship, up. Bastards.
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13
rousedower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 09:03 PM   #386
brownsbros3

"To Shanshu in L.A." was the episode that the rest of the series should have been built around. They established Angel's ultimate goal, to fulfill his destiny and become human. Apparently that was forgotten somewhere along the way.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:00 PM   #387
nikkiwawa
wikked lil' grrrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rousedower
I caught the ending of TSILA today. Although I never thought this show was all that to begin with, it brought back memories and really demonstrates how much they crapped the show, and the C/A relationship, up. Bastards.
I've always liked the show, but I agree...when I see the TNT reruns(I have all the DVD's and STILL watch TNT reruns everyday. Can you say dork? lol) it brings back the same memories you have

*sighs*

Cordy/Angel Graphics (A lovely LJ community devoted to Cordy/Angel. Share icons, graphics, etc.)

This Is My Life

My LJ Icon Community
nikkiwawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:18 AM   #388
JoJo

You guys are right. The show was at it's peak in late S1 and early S2. It was all downhill after that with the tone of the show getting far too dark, the destruction of the cameraderie between Wes, Cordy and Angel, the cast getting so bloated with all the deadweight characters (Gunn, Lorne, Fred) and the coup de grace, Connor The Show Destroyer.

It's funny, but I didn't start watching the show until S3, and now, the only eps I want to re-watch are S1 and S2 pre-Pylea.
JoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 03:08 PM   #389
Temujin
Universal Ruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsbros3
"To Shanshu in L.A." was the episode that the rest of the series should have been built around. They established Angel's ultimate goal, to fulfill his destiny and become human. Apparently that was forgotten somewhere along the way.
You see, I would have preferred that he just continue helping the helpless etc. just because it was the right thing to do. Dangling a reward like that in the distance sort of cheapens the premise for me. Plus It gave some B/Aers more ammo.
" The horse thief shall be killed. The sentry that is negligent shall be killed. The arrow messenger that becomes drunk shall be killed. The man who appropriates loot for himself shall be killed. The leader who is incompetent shall be killed".-Genghis Khan
Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 03:26 PM   #390
Adrian_Tepes
SPD! Emergency!

Didn't they establish Conner was his shanshu in S5 though?
Adrian_Tepes is offline   Reply With Quote