Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party! > TV Class Reunion!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2011, 08:15 PM   #1
DamnSkippy

Necessary Roughness

Anyone else catch the pilot ep? Did Marc Blucas always have such a huge chest? *fans self*

In addition to that, I really liked the lead therapist and the rest of the cast. But, then, I'm a sucker for just about anything with football as part of it.

It's on USA network if you'd like to check it out.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:11 PM   #2
starlet2367
glitterati

I recorded it and can't wait to see it! I was going to anyway, but the sight of beefy, gorgeous Marc in the previews just clinched it. That boy done grew up pretty!

PS in other USA news, Mary and Marshall crack me up. Poor Stan he'll never live down the whole "I slept with his fiancée" thing.
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:24 PM   #3
DamnSkippy

I didn't realize he was going to be in it, and I sure didn't remember him looking that hot! That was a nice surprise.

I LOVE Mary and Marshall (and Stan and Mary's sister's fiance, et al.). IPS is just a great show! I should really be *in* that fandom.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:12 PM   #4
samsmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
I didn't realize he was going to be in it, and I sure didn't remember him looking that hot!

I believe we never noticed because he was standing next to Spike or Angel a lot of the time. *nods*
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:14 PM   #5
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmom View Post
I believe we never noticed because he was standing next to Spike or Angel a lot of the time. *nods*
Spike wouldn't have made him look 'less than' IMO. I'm not one who ever thought Spike was hot. Funny, amusing and interesting - yes - but I guess I've never been one to go for the bone-rail thin type.

I can say I probably didn't look twice at Riley with Angel around, though.

I still don't think Blucas is a handsome man facially, although when he smiles that's a whole 'nother thing. But the boy has been working on that body methinks.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:33 PM   #6
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

I have no real opinion of Marc Blucas. Anyone who wants to drool over Callie Thorne with me is welcome though. As for the show, it was okay. Little less of the family stuff would be nice. But it should be fun.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:03 PM   #7
DamnSkippy

Sam, I think she's attractive and the body is nice, but they're going to have to get a better make-up artist before I can join you in the drool pool. She had her moments last night, but maybe they were trying to make her look older and a bit haggard? I can believe that was the point, so hopefully the character gets more rest and they can give her a bit softer make-up.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:22 PM   #8
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Sam, I think she's attractive and the body is nice, but they're going to have to get a better make-up artist before I can join you in the drool pool. She had her moments last night, but maybe they were trying to make her look older and a bit haggard? I can believe that was the point, so hopefully the character gets more rest and they can give her a bit softer make-up.
Well, I thought they were taking a stab at not trying to make her seem like a supermodel slumming as a therapist, but really, I have no complaints. Other than they haven't hired CC to play her sister.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:02 PM   #9
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
Well, I thought they were taking a stab at not trying to make her seem like a supermodel slumming as a therapist, but really, I have no complaints.
I get that, but I think you can do that and still not make her look like she's 10 years older than she is. But that's the overworked, unappreciated mother look I suppose.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:53 AM   #10
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
I get that, but I think you can do that and still not make her look like she's 10 years older than she is. But that's the overworked, unappreciated mother look I suppose.
There's that, but I still had no complaints.

Anyway, there was a blurb in TV Guide that said Dani and Matt are supposed to be the 'will the/won't they' couple. Like, they already did, right? I dunno, they didn't seem to have that vibe going for them. Blucas is no Nathan Fillion.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:28 AM   #11
starlet2367
glitterati

I thought she looked about 10 years older than Blucas, so it interested me that they set up the will they/won't they vibe with the two of them. It's refreshing. Though I admit, I like her more with Nico. He's got a cooler, more adult vibe that suits her better.

The mother was a little over the top and the last-minute save by the daughter slightly cliche, but it was a fun hour and I'll watch it again.

As for Blucas, I think he was just too young for me to pay attention to on Buffy. Plus, he was always in Buffy's shadow, and I never liked the guys who played Buffy's lapdogs.
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:50 AM   #12
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlet2367 View Post
I thought she looked about 10 years older than Blucas, so it interested me that they set up the will they/won't they vibe with the two of them. It's refreshing. Though I admit, I like her more with Nico. He's got a cooler, more adult vibe that suits her better.
I don't know if I like her better with Nico but I came into the episode missing the first part and didn't realize she'd had a relationship with Blucas' character and figured she'd eventually get paired with Nico, there was a "vibe" there.

I'm a little confused though, she tells Blucas she can't date him while she's treating his player b/c that would be unprofessional but when she thought he was pulling her into an office for a bit of "afternoon delight" she was OK with it even though she had apparently treated him to stop smoking? Why was it OK for them to sleep together when he was a client but not now? I didn't get it but whatever.

I liked the wacky mom and sister (what is it with USA shows having wacky mom's and dysfunctional sisters?) . I rather like Blucas but I was one of the very few fans who like Riley and Buffy/Riley (more than B/S and B/A). I've always like Scott Cohen in just about everything he's done, this is no exception.

I can't say it's Must See TV for me but since it's on after Royal Pains I'm sure I'll watch a few more eps to see if it clicks.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:47 PM   #13
DamnSkippy

I confess I had to look up that actors ages because I thought she looked far older than Blucas. She was born in Nov. '69 and Blucas was born in Jan. '72, so just a little over 2 years difference. So, knowing that, I can see them pairing them up a little more convincingly. However, I thought they were hinting pretty strongly that she and Nico would be the ones hooking up in the future even though I don't know how that would happen since they're both working for the team just like Blucas.

Morrigan, I believe the order of happenings was that they slept together and then the next morning he asked her to help him quit smoking. And she hynotized him in his bed, so it wasn't in her office and an on-going process. But maybe that's worse on a professional level although I doubt it's out of the realm of possibility that a hypnotherapist would do something like that for a friend and non-patient.

OTOH, she was hired by the team as the team psychologist. That put them into a professional/colleague relationship so I can see the difference.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:53 PM   #14
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Thanks Skippy, that makes sense. I missed the beginning so I thought he had gone to see her about quitting smoking and a relationship developed from there. This works, although I still think it's a bit of a stretch but I don't really know the rules of ethics in that type of situation.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:54 PM   #15
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

USA picked this up for a second season. It's been fun, so yay.