Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2005, 12:15 PM   #1
nodakskip

Grace and Welling in "The Fog"

From Cinescape.com

Revolution Studios has hired Maggie Grace and Tom Welling will star in the remake of John Carpenter's "The Fog." The story is set in a Northern California town where, about 100 years earlier, a ship sank under mysterious circumstances in a thick, eerie fog. The ghosts of the deceased seaman return from their watery graves to seek their revenge.

Cooper Layne is writing the script based on the original screenplay by John Carpenter and Debra Hill. Rupert Wainwright will direct. Debra Hill, David Foster and John Carpenter will produce.

What part was CC up for in this again?
Old 02-21-2005, 12:19 PM   #2
Bibliophile

She was rumored to be in the running for Stevie Wayne, originally played by Adrienne Barbeau.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:33 PM   #3
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Never heard of Maggie Grace, wish IMDb had a picutre up.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:34 PM   #4
Kit

She's Shannon from Lost.

ETA: It didn't occur to me that you may not watch the show. Sorry 'bout that.

"Never continue in a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined." - Johnny Carson

Last edited by Kit; 02-21-2005 at 08:15 PM.
Kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 12:34 PM   #5
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibliophile
She was rumored to be in the running for Stevie Wayne, originally played by Adrienne Barbeau.
Yes. Grace got the Elizabeth role originally played by Jamie Lee Curtis.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:39 PM   #6
v120176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
Never heard of Maggie Grace, wish IMDb had a picutre up.

Here's the notice, and a picture of her http://www.cinescape.com/0/Image.asp...&obj_id=289663
She also played the Sexy girl from Oliver Been...

She's young... how old were the actors in the original
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 01:35 PM   #7
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by v120176
Jamie Lee Curtis was in her early 20s; Grace will be taking her role (that of a college student returning home on break).

Adrienne Barbeau was in her early 30s, and it's her role that CC is rumored to be up for.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:10 PM   #8
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

So it's a possibilty that CC could get it?

Dean Winchester: I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it! ~Supernatural

Cordelia: I like 'David'. It's such a strong, masculine name. [pause] It just feels good in your mouth. ~ Angel
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 05:25 PM   #9
Cordy's Bitch
Not amused

Okay, I'll admit up front: In my youth, I always confused Adrienne Barbeau with Barbi Benton.

Now, that said, please enlighten me on the relationships in "The Fog"...would the Adrienne Barbeau role be a love interest to one of these young whippersnappers?
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair. Or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Till then you've got a lot more punishment in store. So stand it like a man, and give some back."
Cordy's Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 07:11 PM   #10
LaLa247
Wooo!

For those curious, Ms. Barbeau:

Dan, I saw "The Fog" a while ago, so I don't really remember if she had a love interest, just that she was a bit older than the other characters, and she was a radio DJ or something.

"Stevie" was the star of the film, but with the LOST buzz, I can see them pushing Elizabeth in the front.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 07:15 PM   #11
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v120176
Here's the notice, and a picture of her http://www.cinescape.com/0/Image.asp...&obj_id=289663
She also played the Sexy girl from Oliver Been...

I found out who she was by looking her up on IMDb but I've never seen anything she's been in so it really doesn't matter, I still don't know who she is

Sounds like this movie is a real possibilty, I hope CC gets the role.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:25 PM   #12
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordy's Bitch
Now, that said, please enlighten me on the relationships in "The Fog"...would the Adrienne Barbeau role be a love interest to one of these young whippersnappers?
Not one of the whippersnappers, no. Stevie Wayne is the single mom of an eight-year-old son and the late-night deejay at the only radio station in Antonio Bay, California -- conveniently located in the town lighthouse, which Stevie owns and lives in. She has a live-in boyfriend who is roughly her contemporary in the original story, so unless they change that part of the script they'll be casting a love interest for her, too.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:38 AM   #13
Pat

How soon will we find out if she gets the role?
Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 02:54 AM   #14
nodakskip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat
How soon will we find out if she gets the role?
Right now. She did not get the part...

from Dark Horizons.com

Selma Blair has signed on for the remake of John Carpenter's classic horror-thriller "The Fog" for Revolution Studios. Also joining the cast are DeRay Davis and Rade Serbedzija according to Reuters.

Rupert Wainwright is directing the film, and Cooper Layne is writing from the screenplay by Hill and Carpenter for the original 1980 film. "Fog" is set in a Northern California town near where a ship sank about 100 years earlier under mysterious circumstances in a thick, eerie fog. The ghosts of the deceased mariners return from their watery graves to seek revenge. Tom Welling and Maggie Grace also star.

Blair is stepping into the role originally portrayed by Adrienne Barbeau, a DJ and owner of a lighthouse. Davis plays Welling's best friend, and Serbedzija is a priest. Blair will shoot "Hellboy II" after she completes "Fog".