Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2006, 07:26 PM   #1
v120176

CC at the Fangoria's Weekend of Horrors Convention

Here's the link: http://www.creationent.com/cal/fangony.htm

CC and Robert Joy are the first guest star announced.
It will be at NY the September 29-October 1, 2006. Anchor Bay (Voodoo Moon's producers) presents the event
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:59 PM   #2
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v120176
Here's the link: http://www.creationent.com/cal/fangony.htm

CC and Robert Joy are the first guest star announced.
It will be at NY the September 29-October 1, 2006. Anchor Bay (Voodoo Moon's producers) presents the event
Holy shit!!!!
My wish has come true!!!! My goddess is coming to the East Coast.... and it's in NYC of all places... I wished it was Philly but this is just as good....

And what make it great?! It's just after my birthday!!!!

I have looked at the darkness of the world, and all I see is the light of humanity - Unknown

Come check out my blog: http://freakfaceusacelebpics.blogspot.com/
Freakface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 08:39 PM   #3
Emmangel
Administrator

A creation con? Ugh.

Really wish she'd have chosen to one by anyone else than those rip-off merchants.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:47 PM   #4
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

Nevertheless, she will be coming to the East Coast... and I am so giddy about it... as long as I can get some autographs and a pic with her (and not get screwed by the promoters), I don't care who is sponsoring it...

I have looked at the darkness of the world, and all I see is the light of humanity - Unknown

Old 06-09-2006, 09:01 PM   #5
Emmangel
Administrator

You might want to start applying for that loan now then...

Seriously, I'm happy that CC is doing an event, but I have serious issues with how much money they charge people, and the fact that they get away with it.

I guess I'm just used to things over here, where everytime a company has tried their tatics they get such bad press they never return. I'll hold out hope she'll do another con over here I guess, where I won't have to break the bank to see her.

... and I'm going to shut up now, before I get my convention rant on. LOL
Old 06-09-2006, 09:24 PM   #6
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

I understand your concerns about charging autographs and photo ops. But I have gone these autograph conventions for many years. I always view it as a business. And if I keep it at that level of thinking, I will have a great time.

It's my hobby to collect autographs, preferably in person. And looking at the price they are charging, that's about average for convention autographs nowadays. Plus, as I said in an early post, it's my birthday and I want to be close to my goddess for my birthday present!!! If having that will cost me a couple hundred dollars, so be it. To me, it's a once-in-a-lifetime chance since she is a West Coaster.

Besides, I have a collection of Buffy-Angel stars I would like to complete.

Old 06-09-2006, 10:02 PM   #7
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakface
And looking at the price they are charging, that's about average for convention autographs nowadays.
That's the thing though, it's really not. As someone who attends a hell of a lot of them, on both sides on the pond, the rates they charge are extremly high. I'm just glad over here I can get a three day con, with talks, autographs, photos and a lot of other goodies for under £100.

But as I said, that's just me. If I were living out over there, I may be tempted too, hell, if I wasn't so busy I'd almost be tempted anyway. Can't blame you for taking the opp since it's there.

Right, really shutting up about my con issues now. It's something I feel strongly about, and if I start going I'll never stop. LOL
Old 06-09-2006, 10:12 PM   #8
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

Well, considering how seldom Charisma does signings, I thought the price was just about right... again that's just me, I don't mind because I can live with the cost... it's not like they are charging $200 like I have seen at sport autographing conventions...

But let's drop this particular subject and celebrate that Charisma will be appearing on the East Coast for the first time....

BTW Emma, I forgot that you lived on the Eastern Shore of the Atlantic. So you are right, the exchange rates can be brutal.

Old 06-09-2006, 10:52 PM   #9
tojoson

i wonder if she's doing this to promote the release of the 'Voodoo Moon' DVD

or if maybe she is going to get some more work out of IDT in the 'Masters of Horror', or the new 'Masters of Scifi' series. that would be nice
Old 06-10-2006, 02:39 AM   #10
MissWera

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoson
or if maybe she is going to get some more work out of IDT in the 'Masters of Horror', or the new 'Masters of Scifi' series.
That would be cool! So happy that Charisma is there....She doesn't do that many puplic appearances these days!
MissWera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 06:39 AM   #11
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakface
BTW Emma, I forgot that you lived on the Eastern Shore of the Atlantic. So you are right, the exchange rates can be brutal.
Heh, wasn't even taking them into consideration, just the base price. But yep, with that tooo... ouch.

Still, it's good to see her at another event. I look forward to seeing all the photos that are bound to come along with it. Plus, assuming this is like Cnets other events, it means talks too. Which is a bonus.
Old 06-10-2006, 06:50 AM   #12
Mr.Brightside
Queen Charisma...

Yes!!! She is finally here on the East Coast . First I meet Clare Kramer, and now this . I have to talk with my dad, and see if he can take me. Im so freakin happy! Definitely going.....

Btw, Im kinda confused to how much it is to get in and get a autograph/picture from CC. Could someone help me out.

"I grow up in Quor Toth....A Hell Dimension"
"Full of all sorts of things that you can't even imagine"

Last edited by Mr.Brightside; 06-10-2006 at 06:53 AM.
Mr.Brightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:05 PM   #13
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Brightside
Btw, Im kinda confused to how much it is to get in and get a autograph/picture from CC. Could someone help me out.
$189 Ticket
$35 Photo
$20 Auto

Cheaper tickets do tend to go on sale later on, once all the good packages have been sold though. However seating at these things is assigned by package, and when you buy it, so if you want a good seat, you have to go for gold.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:28 AM   #14
HPAngelFan
Pretty girl

Wow, that's fantastic. All you east coast Americans are so lucky!

my livejournal
HPAngelFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 05:42 PM   #15
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

Here's the ad for the convention. And I am going.. with a bunch of stuff to sign...