Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2006, 03:10 PM   #1
Will

Gunn & Cordy - least talked about?

Taken from the "ATS, contributions for a fan book" thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat
Gunn and Cordy seem to be the ones people talk the least about.
I'm very surprised at this, at the Cordy part anyway. I had always thought Lorne & Fred were the least talked about but Pat has been writing a fan book so they've obviously picked this up.

How can Cordy, a vital character to ATS, be the least talked about? In every general ATS forum Ive posted in you'd be a hard pushed to find a thread that doesn't mention Cordy

Cordy: I naturally assumed you'd be lost without me, but this?

Angel: I am lost without you.
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:27 AM   #2
brownsbros3

I don't know. It was so weird during season five. It was almost like a conscious effort was made by Mutant Enemy and anyone associated with it to forget Cordelia existed. I read numerous interviews with writers and cast members, and very rarely was Charisma/Cordelia ever mentioned or even asked about.
brownsbros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:37 AM   #3
Livvie
nutcase

This little oddity is confirmed for me every single time I visit the Diamond Select Toys website.

How many different figures do Fred and Lorne have? Even Wesley and Spike. Spike, who was on for one season.

But the Cordelia and Gunn figures are severely lacking. We finally get a promise of two Cordy figures, which don't look anything like CC at all. And still no Gunn. I don't understand how a character can be on for five seasons and not get a figure.

It just blows my mind.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:10 PM   #4
tojoson

i think it actually started in s4,

CC was absent from most of the cast pictures , stories, and interviews

probably jass getting back at her for 'ruining' his season by having the audacity to go out and get pregnant
Old 04-11-2006, 04:36 PM   #5
brownsbros3

The thing I was surprised by is that most of the interviewers wouldn't even ask about her. She was the second most important character on the series, and suddenly she's gone from the show with little to no explanation given? WTF?

There was the interview that Joss did with TV Guide between season four and five, where he mentioned that they weren't bringing Charisma back because they felt they didn't have anything left for her to do. Yet when the reporter tried to dig a little deeper, Whedon said to just leave it at that.

Now when the cast members were asked about Charisma it was never why is she not there anymore, or do you agree with not bringing her back, it was something to the effect of do you miss her?, or in the post "You're Welcome" interviews it was what was it like having her back?

David, James, J. August, Amy, Mercedes, and Andy were all very respectful towards her, and how they thought very highly of her. Andy was the only one though that actually came out and said that he thought it was pretty much a bunch of crap that she was gone. I never did read any interviews from Alexis though to get his thoughts on CC.
brownsbros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 04:52 PM   #6
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsbros3
David, James, J. August, Amy, Mercedes, and Andy were all very respectful towards her, and how they thought very highly of her. Andy was the only one though that actually came out and said that he thought it was pretty much a bunch of crap that she was gone. I never did read any interviews from Alexis though to get his thoughts on CC.
It should be noted that the cast stayed pretty damn silent when she was let go, and VK was the first one to come out and speak highly of her. I'm just sayin'.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 04:54 PM   #7
HeaTk

poop on them.
she will always be loved and talked bout here!
Old 04-11-2006, 05:54 PM   #8
Livvie
nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247
It should be noted that the cast stayed pretty damn silent when she was let go, and VK was the first one to come out and speak highly of her. I'm just sayin'.
Probably because, from what I've read, VK got the exact same treatment. Complained about the Season Four storyline, got cut out of Season Five. Whether or not there is any truth to these rumors remains to be seen. But maybe he knew exactly what she was going through no doubt. And he didn't have the background working with Lord Ass to know when to keep his mouth shut. Hopefully in a few more years, more people will stop spouting off the company line and the truth will come out.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:27 PM   #9
LisaMarie514
Lurking...who me?

Quote:
Hopefully in a few more years, more people will stop spouting off the company line and the truth will come out.
and what a juicy tale that has to be...with everyone so hush hush...does anyone hear Angel ~ The E True Hollywood Story??

"Passion. It lies in all of us. Sleeping... ...waiting... And though unwanted... ...unbidden... it will stir...open its jaws, and howl. It speaks to us... guides us... Passion rules us all. And we obey. What other choice do we have?" Angelus - Passion BTVS S2

LM's Ramblings
LisaMarie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:36 PM   #10
Livvie
nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMarie514
and what a juicy tale that has to be...with everyone so hush hush...does anyone hear Angel ~ The E True Hollywood Story??
Oooh, I know for sure I would tune in for that one. Or even if it was just Joss Whedon, E True Hollywood Story. Far more dirt flinging. It would be delicious comeuppance.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:34 AM   #11
v120176

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoson
probably jass getting back at her for 'ruining' his season by having the audacity to go out and get pregnant
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsbros3
Well, as Lala said, VK was the more explicit about what that. AH was another one, too. And I think JAR gave some signal of discomfort about CC's absence too.
AboutDB, he didn't say much but what he said was very interesting . Do you remember the words he used at the WB's party when he was asked about CC? He said "She had a baby, I'm PROUD of her". All here and in other places where kinda surprised by "proud". I mean, he could say "I'm happy" but proud?.. I know DB is not the most logic person when he speaks, but he's not stupid either and that season he was giving some subtle messages about his dislike of certain things: his "the next cast member will be Angel's pet" or something that (about the BTVS cast members on ATS) that he said, if I'm not wrong ,in the same interview that he said the "proud thing". I always thought that phrase had a more deeply meaning (not to the level of what some people suggested about pressure for not having the baby or anything, but related to the way that JW and the others make it hard for her and how she acted)
None of them said the official version "She left because she wanted to be with her baby" the new version that Joss gave, after the bad reception his TVguide interview had in the fans. They were we only knew she was not comming back.... Except, and oh surprise, Amy Acker: the one closest to JW and we read how she worships him. Nothing against AA, but at that time CC had said at the Boston Herald that she was FIRED, since that probably the other cast members didn't want to follow the "more family time" and went with the "I don't know" thing, so she ended soundind kind of stupid.

But yes, AD never talked about her. Also, at the 100th episode party there were not pictures of CC with any of her former co-stars, except the group ones. She had pictures only with JM... Weird, isn't it?
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:04 AM   #12
MissWera

You are making me feel very stupid by using AD's and VK's! I really had to think who they are...even though Im a big Angel fan

But all I want to say is that Joss is a very very stupid man
(but I love his show's)! Oh, and the cast of Angel should have talked more about Charisma.....They can't just ignore a person who they have been working with for 4 years..can they? NO!!!!!
MissWera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:30 AM   #13
Will

What makes me really angry is how upset everyone is when Fred is dying & dies yet nobody but Angel up to this point has mentioned the fact that Cordy died! This is when they really demean Cordy's importance to the show. Honestly who cares about Fred, the only memorable thing she did was die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v120176
She had pictures only with JM... Weird, isn't it?
I can't think of who JM may be?

Old 04-12-2006, 11:50 AM   #14
v120176

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissWera
You are making me feel very stupid by using AD's and VK's! I really had to think who they are...even though Im a big Angel fan

But all I want to say is that Joss is a very very stupid man
(but I love his show's)! Oh, and the cast of Angel should have talked more about Charisma.....They can't just ignore a person who they have been working with for 4 years..can they? NO!!!!!
Sorry....

About the cast not talking... well, it was a difficult possition. They were not huge stars and they could be out in any minute (I think Charisma example is enough proof of that).
ATS and its cast were always second, or third when Firefly was on air, for Joss. It was never his priority. Greenwalt was the one behind ATS all the time. But the boss of everything was Joss.
So, the actors and show were never treated or respected like the BTVS ones. And even in that case, do you remember what happened with SMG's comment about not wanting to leave WB?... She claimed in some interviews that she never was going to leave WB, that she won't do the show in another network. JW's answer (and I can believe I'm going to be on his side, but he was right because Gellar was out of place in saying those things in public) was "okay, the show will be called Faith the Vampire slayer"... Not need to say that SMG played Buffy for two more years...

Don't forget that VK ( ) was fired too, so he wasn't under any contract with Joss. The others spoke about how much they missed her, how different it was, etc, but they weren't that open like VK. And it's logic. They were still working for ME and Joss... And nobody wants to be labeled as "problematic" in this industry.
Also, in their favor, they didn't follow the official version about "it was her choice" when they were asked. Except for AA, they said they were informed that Charisma was not comming back, period. But they didn't repeat Joss' official explanation.

Quote:
I can't think of who JM may be?
James marsters

Last edited by v120176; 04-12-2006 at 11:52 AM.
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:06 PM   #15
Will

Quote:
Originally Posted by v120176
James marsters
Ah, Duh Will!