Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2011, 09:10 PM   #1
starlet2367
glitterati

Much Ado - Joss's new movie with Amy & Alexis

Check it out - Joss just finished shooting Much Ado with Buffy/Angel/Firefly alumni:

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...m-joss-whedon/

Amy and Alexis play the leads, with Sean Maher as Don Juan. Nathan, Tom Lenk and others are in it.

EW has a nice pic of Amy and Alexis:

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/10/2...ado-exclusive/
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:42 PM   #2
DamnSkippy

Well, I guess when no one is hiring you, you have to make your own work.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:19 PM   #3
Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
Well, I guess when no one is hiring you, you have to make your own work.
Huh? Joss Whedon has just finished filming "The Avengers" which may turn out to be the biggest film of next year.
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:13 PM   #4
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Huh? Joss Whedon has just finished filming "The Avengers" which may turn out to be the biggest film of next year.
Or the biggest dud, given Thor and Capt's boxoffice and the hype for this movie Avengers could be in trouble.

While I personally think Whedon is a total jackass I love Marvel and really want to see this project (tying the 4 heroes into one major franchise) succeed but I think it's questionable.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:19 PM   #5
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
The first work that has been completed in many years and the only big thing he's done since Serenity. He's certainly lost more jobs than he's had of late.

You're certainly welcome to be his fan, but his track record can't really be disputed when it comes to the films he's been responsible for...and the ones he's had taken away from him.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:42 PM   #6
Emmangel
Administrator

Oh dear.

I can honestly say I have no desire to see this. While casting people who've worked together before can work wonderfully, I really have my doubts that this cast can pull it off.

Of course, I may be biased, having seen the wonderful production featuring David Tennant and Catherine Tate earlier this year! I think it'll take a very long time before there is a better version to me.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:26 PM   #7
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmangel View Post
Of course, I may be biased, having seen the wonderful production featuring David Tennant and Catherine Tate earlier this year! I think it'll take a very long time before there is a better version to me.
I regret not making an attempt to see this while I was in London. So for, now I will have to stick with Branah's version
Old 10-25-2011, 08:37 PM   #8
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
I regret not making an attempt to see this while I was in London. So for, now I will have to stick with Branah's version
Well, at least you got to stage door stalk them!

I'm trying to find a decent copy to download of the play. I know someone at some point during the run had to have recorded it.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:47 PM   #9
Miss Kenton

Quote:
Well, at least you got to stage door stalk them!

I'm trying to find a decent copy to download of the play. I know someone at some point during the run had to have recorded it.
There's a DVD of the play coming out this Christmas. And I think I read the National Theater is going to release a download of the play before the DVD, though I'm not entirely sure on that. I am certain that there is a DVD though as it has been confirmed by David Tennant.
Miss Kenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:46 AM   #10
Emmangel
Administrator

Excellent! I had heard rumours that it'd been reordered (for cinema release), but hadn't heard anything for months so thought it'd fell through. Thanks for the info.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:34 AM   #11
Miss Kenton

Quote:
Excellent! I had heard rumours that it'd been reordered (for cinema release), but hadn't heard anything for months so thought it'd fell through. Thanks for the info.
Sure, no problem. I love them both to bits so I've been keeping an eye on it since I don't live in London and didn't get to see it.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:10 AM   #12
Emmangel
Administrator

You should love it then, it has a very Doctor/Donna vibe in a lot of ways, and is super funny. Though being set in the 80s means it would be anyway, given the fashion!

Sadly, the song at the end is catchy as hell, and will get stuck in your head.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:19 AM   #13
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Excellent, I'll be sure to keep my eyes out for the DVD and wow we totally hijacked this thread
Old 10-26-2011, 09:22 AM   #14
Emmangel
Administrator

Well, it's David Tennant vs Joss. Not really a tough choice on what to talk about if you ask me!
Old 10-26-2011, 11:36 PM   #15
Miss Kenton

^ Ha, I agree!

Quote:
Sadly, the song at the end is catchy as hell, and will get stuck in your head.
Sadly? Seems like a great thing to me. I've already got the song anyway since the soundtrack was released a while back. 'Sigh No More' is too flawless. I think I had it on repeat for weeks.