Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2007, 06:36 PM   #1
Livvie
nutcase

When Did Cordy Lose Her Fortune?

I was hoping maybe someone could help me out. I am beta'ing something for a friend that is suppose to take place between S2 and S3 of BTVS. In it, she is writing it as if Cordelia lost her fortune BEFORE school started again. I tried to explain to her this wasn't canon because we see examples in S3 (private hospital room in Lover's Walk, mentions of her parents' behavior in Band Candy, her convertible in The Wish). (And if anyone has any other examples, please, send them my way to help my case even more)

I know it was never address directly until The Prom that Cordelia had lost her money and she was shown working at April's Fools before then (and if anyone remembers that episode, the title, it would help me out a TON). My question is, aside from those two, were there any indications, say after The Wish, that Cordelia had lost her fortune?

I am trying to pin down a time in canon, episode wise, that one could assume it occured at. Any help, would be so appreciated, you have no idea.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:31 PM   #2
samsmom

My personal canon is that the troubles began shortly after Lover's Walk, but Cordelia wasn't privy to how serious it was until the tax man actually took the house, car and belongings, after Earshot.

Parents wouldn't let their kids know what dire straits they were in, especially not Cordelia's wealthy, appearances-are-everything-parents. So, again, I think she wasn't aware of how bad it was until she was faced with having her things taken from her right after Earshot.
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 08:56 PM   #3
starlet2367
glitterati

Loey's episode guides might help too. Whenever I'm in doubt, I go to Loey. Her original air dates and episode summaries are pure gold.
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:01 PM   #4
tojoson

I usually use,

http://buffy-vs-angel.com/

for any references for stories.

It has guides and full transcripts for all Buffy and Angel episodes, plus character profiles and galleries, multi-media and more.