Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2005, 10:42 AM   #1
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Amy Acker on Supernatural next week?

Okay, so AA will be in an upcoming episode of Supernatural. And, from the promo, it looks like next week's ep. But the promo confused the heck out of me. At the start, it says, "In the coming weeks on Supernatural," and there's AA. So that implies she could be in any epsode between now and the last one they filmed. But, at the end of the promo, it says, "Next week." Which makes it look more like she's in next week's ep.

So, I went to the WB to see the guest star list for next week's ep, and she's not on it. But, from the promo posted at the site, it looks like she is. So I'm just gonna assume she is. Hey, I was gonna watch the ep anyway, since I like the show, but I'd still like to know when AA will be on.

Oh, what the heck. Here's a link to the promo. What do you think?

Superntural: Dead In the Water promo
Old 09-23-2005, 09:04 PM   #2
aapac

I think it's pretty obivous that Acker is in this coming episode - her character mentions something about water and that's what it appears this next episode is about
aapac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 05:01 AM   #3
QueenC4707

Ladies and gentleman, it's official! Someone has beaten James Marsters for "biggest downgrade since the Jossverse!"

Sorry to any fans of the aforementioned shows. I simply could not resist.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:32 AM   #4
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Well, I liked the first two eps of Supernatural more than I liked most of the eps in all of SV's season 4. I almost dread seeing what they'll do to JM on SV, while looking forward to seeing what part AA will play on Supernatural. Although, I guess a one-shot part isn't as good as a recurring role.

However, something interesting Supernatural has done is used actors well known from other genre shows in each ep. Ep one had "Dwayne Barry", from a well-known X-FILES episode. Episode two had Donnelly Rhodes (a well-known character actor, and also Dr. Cottle from the new BATTLESTAR GALACTICA) in a cameo-type part. (One scene.) And, now, Amy Acker from ANGEL. It's almost like they're paying homage to genre shows in general. And it's fun to wonder what other familiar actors are going to pop up.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:42 AM   #5
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenC4707
Ladies and gentleman, it's official! Someone has beaten James Marsters for "biggest downgrade since the Jossverse!"
Not necessarily. "Supernatural" is, in my opinion, one of the better new shows out there- it definitely has an X-Files/American Gothic feel to it.

AA could certainly do worse. Like Will & Grace. Or Alias (I know a lot of ya'll likes that show, but it's going down faster than Ben Affleck's career).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyblue
However, something interesting Supernatural has done is used actors well known from other genre shows in each ep. [...] And, now, Amy Acker from ANGEL.
Okay, a general fan is gonna have to answer this for me, because I'm not that big of an AA fan- is she really that well popular that she could be considered well known in the genre? On one show that she was only on for three-ish years?
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.

Last edited by LaLa247; 09-25-2005 at 11:44 AM.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 02:51 PM   #6
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247
Okay, a general fan is gonna have to answer this for me, because I'm not that big of an AA fan- is she really that well popular that she could be considered well known in the genre? On one show that she was only on for three-ish years?
The simple answer is no. She is not a famous genre actor. The only people who know her are ATS fans.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:56 AM   #7
QueenC4707

Well, I guess we all have a right to our opinions. Honestly I don't see how you could do worse than Smallville S4, so I'll give you that. I'm not watching next season, not even for James.

I agree that probably not very many people outside of the AtS fandom know of Amy... I wouldn't exactly call her well-known. But I thought she was great in S5 of Angel, making the transition from Fred to Illyria. it's nice to see her finding other work, even if it's in something I won't be watching.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:37 AM   #8
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Is AA well-known in general? Probably not. But people who watched AtS, or kept any kind of tabs on genre shows (and probably stumbled upon her in an article or two) probably knows who she is. And I wouldn't call those other two actors exactly well-known either. Like, with the actor in the first ep, I didn't really know who he was. I just knew he looked familiar. Then, when someone told me which episode of the X-FILES he was on (and he's pretty well-known by X-FILES fans for that part) I thought it was pretty cool.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:13 AM   #9
Platypus
The Pointy End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyblue
And I wouldn't call those other two actors exactly well-known either.
Ditto on Duane Barry not being all that well-known, but I must confess that I do know who Donnelly Rhodes is (he's a fairly well-known Canadian actor, and has had a few series in Canada), and it threw me for a loop. I was convinced that he was going to play a part in the greater mystery (I actually thought he must be the Windego, or something like that), because it didn't occur to me that they would have that well known an actor appear ONLY for that brief cameo. So I was very surprised, to say the least, but I guess it was only because of my own bias in thinking Donnelly is really well known.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 10:17 AM   #10
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

So maybe Supernatural is paying homage to the "Hey, It's that guy/gal!" actors and not necessarily to sci-fi actors. Though really, some of these actors show up over and over again on all kinds of shows (Like Duane Berry). So maybe it doesn't have to do with anything. Amy could do worse than becoming a "Hey, it's that gal!" actress. At least they seem to get steady work, and eventually some (like duane Berry) get a cult following all their own.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:56 AM   #11
jujube1013
spank your inner moppet

didn't steve(?) railsback play charles manson in "helter skelter"?
i know in the behind-the-scene books Chris Carter was excited he was able to get him on the show.
jujube1013 is offline   Reply With Quote