Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2005, 03:28 PM   #31
Adrian_Tepes
SPD! Emergency!

Oh boy the adventures of Draco and Harry. Not guest staring Herm or Ron.
Adrian_Tepes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 05:19 PM   #32
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Kind of OT but did anyone else know that JK Rowlings wanted Terry Gilliam to direct the HP Movies? How cool would that have been?
Old 09-02-2005, 11:47 AM   #33
Andromeda7_4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
Kind of OT but did anyone else know that JK Rowlings wanted Terry Gilliam to direct the HP Movies? How cool would that have been?
Yes; Gilliam is still bitter about that.
Quote:
While publicizing his new movie, The Brothers Grimm, Gilliam said in an interview recently, "I was the perfect guy to do Harry Potter. I remember leaving the meeting, getting in my car, and driving for about two hours along Mulholland Drive just so angry. I mean, Chris Columbus' versions are terrible. Just dull. Pedestrian.
He would have added interest, that's for sure.
I wonder what went wrong, specifically?
Andromeda7_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 03:39 PM   #34
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromeda7_4
He would have added interest, that's for sure.
I wonder what went wrong, specifically?
Your quote seems to come from the same EW article that I read. It sounded like he was never a real candidate. The studio brought him over to humor JKr because she wanted him. I guess the studio didn't consider him "block buster" material. Sad, really.

TG did go on to say that the thought Cuaron did a good job on the last film.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:41 PM   #35
mef2101
TiVoholic! Have pity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoson
NOW your gettin it, MrB.

most of us here wouldn't pee on him if he was on fire
I missed this thread earlier, so sorry I missed the Joss sniping.

But I just wanted to add that I disagree with you, Tom. I, for one, WOULD pee on Joss... but only if he WEREN'T on fire.

Now carry on with your Harry Potter discussion.
mef2101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 08:56 PM   #36
LaLa247
Wooo!

Every time this thread is bumped, a fairy dies.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 09:27 PM   #37
Prima
I have no idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247
Every time this thread is bumped, a fairy dies.
Hey! But it's so fun to qualify when we'd piss on his head.

Personally, I'd piss on his leg if his hair was on fire. But that's just me.

"...speculating on the sadomasochistic dominance games of the White House staff is always more interesting and topical than shipper wars." --Cordy's Bitch

"OMG GOD HATES ME BECAUSE HE DIDN'T MAKE JESUS/PETER CANON! I'M QUITTING THIS FANDOM, AND I AM TOTALLY NOT FINISHING REVELATIONS!" --latara
Prima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 12:48 AM   #38
misbegotten3

JW directing a HARRY POTTER movie? Does that mean Voldemort will attempt to rape Harry; who despite this manages to forgive the dark wizard and together they go off to have much disturbing pseudo-S&M style shennanigans? Or will it mean that by the end of the movie Harry is nothing more than self-righteous dullard, given meanding pointless speachifying at the slightest provication?

(Imagine Harry ordering food from POPEYE'S and some pour pimpled face teen behind the counter asks: "Would you like fries with that sir?". All emotion drops from Harry's face and he stares with great importance towards no where in particular. Slowly he begins: "Fries. The sacrificial sons of a thousand potatoes-truly they know the suffering that burns my feet, peels my skin and coats my bones like a coating. Coating...I had a good coat once, it was a SeanJohn >>>>> 7 hours later >>>>> which is why MEATBALLS 2 is completly overrated." Harry looks down and is annoyed that the kid behind the counter has drowned himself in grease of the fry vat. "Damn" he sputters out, "truly no one suffers as I.")

Terry Gilliam would make an excellant director for HARRY POTTER, the man has been a visionary since his days as a member of MONTY PYTHON. Unfortunately POTTER is a big studio franchise, and history doesn't reflect kindly on his past's relationships with the studio machine. Check of the documentary LOST IN LAMANCHAA or read the book THE BATTLE OF BRAZIL to see what I'm talking about.

Last edited by misbegotten3; 09-07-2005 at 12:50 AM.
misbegotten3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 12:56 AM   #39
MrPresident

Does this mean Hermione is going to wind up in a coma? And I'll be damned if I watch that skank Lavender Brown die only to come back as an even more useless looking smurf.
MrPresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 06:47 AM   #40
TeSjah
Dutchess of LaLaLand

Quote:
JW wants to direct a Harry Potter Movie
"TWO MILLION POINTS FROM GRYFFINDOR!"

"Well, it's hard to top taking a dagger to the jugular, but I do what I can," Lilah shrugged.

'Shipping: CordyAngel ~ LilahWesley ~ ReginaHook
TeSjah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 08:20 AM   #41
JoJo

I can see it now:

Hermione turns from a mature, self-possessed young lady into a babbling, childish idiot with a severe case of anorexia, but inexplicably, every male in Hogwarts, including Snape and Draco, find her irresistable.

Ron goes from nice, intelligent young man into a dark, tortured soul who betrays Harry, then has a twisted relationship with Pansy.

Meanwhile, Ginny turns into a greedy, self-absorbed bitch who announces her love for some guy she's known for 3 days just as Harry's about to declare his love for her.

Even though Harry's only a kid facing a dire situation he's not really equipped to handle, Dumbledore will abandon Harry, claiming it's for his own good, that he needs to stand on his own two feet.

Yeah, I wouldn't put it past Joss to do that.
JoJo is offline   Reply With Quote