Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2005, 05:19 PM   #46
Prima
I have no idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarKar
And there were copyright problems over the Mrs Fields stuff? Seriously?
Way back after Chosen aired and we were all graced with the speech out of Buffy's mouth/Joss' brain/whatever, I made a website that amused some people.

People came from far and wide (the web traffic logs still make me giggle) to see the website that I made in less than 30 minutes that I slaved over a hot stove over and it was amusing. BUT the ship needed shameless promotion! So me being me, I just happened to use one of the B/A ads (aka the one with the hands) to make an icon in which I removed the rose and put in a cookie instead.

Unfortunately, the person who made it said the hands were hers (Not Buffy's nor Mrs. Fields. Dang!) and she was upset that I took her hands and used them for evil, not good. Hence, I was threatened with copywrite infringement (not to be confused with copyright infringement) from one of the B/A cabal and that I had to remove it post haste or folks would pretend to be hire lawyers and sue me or something.

I think I ended up dragging my feet for about a week before I took it down but a slightly modified version (That I can't post here for the young and impressionable because it has parts of the male anatomy that aren't toes) still exists on my Journalfen account.

"...speculating on the sadomasochistic dominance games of the White House staff is always more interesting and topical than shipper wars." --Cordy's Bitch

"OMG GOD HATES ME BECAUSE HE DIDN'T MAKE JESUS/PETER CANON! I'M QUITTING THIS FANDOM, AND I AM TOTALLY NOT FINISHING REVELATIONS!" --latara

Last edited by Prima; 08-26-2005 at 05:34 PM.
Prima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 05:31 PM   #47
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prima
Way back after Chosen aired and we were all graced with the speech out of Buffy's mouth/Joss' brain/whatever, I made a website that amused some people.
And yet you still haven't made a Web ring, support buttons, and whole damn series of LJ icons. U HOR!!!11!
Old 08-26-2005, 05:37 PM   #48
Prima
I have no idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
And yet you still haven't made a Web ring, support buttons, and whole damn series of LJ icons. U HOR!!!11!
Hey! I made a TWOP Banner ad, numerous icons and I started to make a campaign page to fund my vacation fund my dreams!

I can't help it that I am the Professional Crastinator!

"...speculating on the sadomasochistic dominance games of the White House staff is always more interesting and topical than shipper wars." --Cordy's Bitch

"OMG GOD HATES ME BECAUSE HE DIDN'T MAKE JESUS/PETER CANON! I'M QUITTING THIS FANDOM, AND I AM TOTALLY NOT FINISHING REVELATIONS!" --latara
Old 08-26-2005, 05:59 PM   #49
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Hey! I made a TWOP Banner ad, numerous icons and I started to make a campaign page to fund my vacation fund my dreams!
Wow, it didn't take any time for this one to Exceed Allocated Data Transfer, did it?
Old 08-26-2005, 06:43 PM   #50
Dimitri
Life is but a dream...

Quote:
Heh. That goes second for me.
Believe her, Prima will traumatize you in one way or another.

*coughincludingheravatarcough*

At least this time I'm not speechless, though.
"Ever heard this story? There once was a tiger-striped cat. This cat...died a million deaths, revived and lived a million lives. And he was owned by various people who he didn't really care for. The cat wasn't afraid to die. Then one day, the cat became a stray cat, which meant he was free. He met a white female cat. And the two of them spent their days together happily. Well, years passed and the white cat grew weak and died of old age. The tiger-striped cat cried a million times and then he died, too. Except this time, he didn't come back to life."
-Spike
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 08:40 PM   #51
Prima
I have no idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
Wow, it didn't take any time for this one to Exceed Allocated Data Transfer, did it?
I felt a great disturbance in the Wank. It's as if millions...wait thousands. Hundreds? Oh who the heck am I kidding? Ten....tops...feet stomped in righteous indignation and suddenly pouted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri
Believe her, Prima will traumatize you in one way or another.

*coughincludingheravatarcough*
Hey! I can't help it if the good people beg to be made fun of. The whole lot of them from Whedon right on down. If I didn't do it, who would?

Will no one think of the children????

Last edited by Prima; 08-26-2005 at 08:44 PM.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:46 PM   #52
Nirvana 1
Negative Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by v120176
Hey, maybe that was the reflection in the Beast eyes!!!!!!!!!!!
Still not as crazy as Sarah-Will-Show-UpWank. At least with the ring thing it was consistant, but things went from Sarah is fooling us ... Tv Guide knows nothing ... everybody from ME is lying ... it'll be within the last 5 minutes ... the WB is showing it again so the "real one" will be aired.
Nirvana 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 08:48 PM   #53
Dimitri
Life is but a dream...

Quote:
Hey! I can't help it if the good people beg to be made fun of. The whole lot of them from Whedon right on down. If I didn't do it, who would?

Will no one think of the children????
Y'know, with the amount of trauma I've suffered just from being around you, it's amazing that I'm still as well-adjusted as I seem to be.

...But, you know, if I didn't like you so much, I'd have killed you by now.
"Ever heard this story? There once was a tiger-striped cat. This cat...died a million deaths, revived and lived a million lives. And he was owned by various people who he didn't really care for. The cat wasn't afraid to die. Then one day, the cat became a stray cat, which meant he was free. He met a white female cat. And the two of them spent their days together happily. Well, years passed and the white cat grew weak and died of old age. The tiger-striped cat cried a million times and then he died, too. Except this time, he didn't come back to life."
-Spike
Old 08-26-2005, 09:02 PM   #54
Prima
I have no idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana 1
Still not as crazy as Sarah-Will-Show-UpWank. At least with the ring thing it was consistant, but things went from Sarah is fooling us ... Tv Guide knows nothing ... everybody from ME is lying ... it'll be within the last 5 minutes ... the WB is showing it again so the "real one" will be aired.
Ahhh...how could we forget our favorite Shemale with the sooper sekrit source and the direct line to Timmah? Oh. The bullshite stories never ended from that quarter.

I still can recall S/h/it claiming to work in the same office with the guy who ran Spoiler Slayer to claim a modicum of "credibility"...and yet, the fact that it was impossible since Frank was all the way on the otherside of the US didn't even register with the coat tail clingers who hung on it's every word.

*cries*

Whedonverse fandom just wouldn't have been the same without that nutbar.

Quote:
Y'know, with the amount of trauma I've suffered just from being around you, it's amazing that I'm still as well-adjusted as I seem to be.

...But, you know, if I didn't like you so much, I'd have killed you by now.
Ha! You're just lamenting that I'm not your mother so you can have a hefty helping of Oedipus Complex on the side! Nyeah!

Old 08-26-2005, 09:04 PM   #55
Dimitri
Life is but a dream...

Quote:
Ha! You're just lamenting that I'm not your mother so you can have a hefty helping of Oedipus Complex on the side! Nyeah!
...What's lamenting mean?
-Spike
Old 08-26-2005, 09:07 PM   #56
Prima
I have no idea...

Quote:
...What's lamenting mean?
Cryin' big salty tears. Donning sack cloth and ashes. Tearing your hair out.

I think two out of three of those qualifies as indications of lamenting.

ETA: And here I thought you'd go "See! With the traumatizing! Gyeah!" instead of the lament query.

Last edited by Prima; 08-26-2005 at 09:11 PM.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:17 PM   #57
Dimitri
Life is but a dream...

Quote:
Cryin' big salty tears. Donning sack cloth and ashes. Tearing your hair out.

I think two out of three of those qualifies as indications of lamenting.

ETA: And here I thought you'd go "See! With the traumatizing! Gyeah!" instead of the lament query.
Oh, I just ask questions that I know the answers to when I don't have a comeback. It works to annoy the original poster when they actually have a point.

And I'd never say "Gyeah." It's not me. Graaaaagh! Is more me.
-Spike
Old 08-26-2005, 11:43 PM   #58
KarKar

Oh for heavens sake, enough about the children,

WHAT ABOUT THE B/A GOATS???

Oh yes, those "sources." The "I have a cousin who picks up dry cleaning for the gaffer on another set who heard at a union meeting that the keygrip at BtVS overheard at the ME offices..."

Prima, that hand story is insane. It's your hands babe, not your face or address. I wonder how far they would've pushed it when you consider its like, the internet idiot.

But really, who can forget the cr*p about Angel & Buffy seeing each other during the jump from Pylea? I picture Angel all Streetcar screaming "Buffy!!111!!!"
Old 08-27-2005, 08:54 AM   #59
brownsbros3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarKar
But really, who can forget the cr*p about Angel & Buffy seeing each other during the jump from Pylea?
Oh, now I've got to hear the story on that.

I knew some people were nuts about B/A, but this borders on being pathetic.
brownsbros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 09:03 AM   #60
galathea

Lol .. would like to hear that story too.

Does anybody know if those WB boards are archived anywhere? Judging by all the stories I heard here, these boards would make a very funny read.
galathea is offline   Reply With Quote