Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2005, 08:11 PM   #31
silveragent

I find it hard to imagine why Sarah would NOT want Nick's character as a romantic pairing.

1. Nick ALWAYS makes his female costars look good: Sarah (any scene he's in with her she shines); Emma; Michelle; Charisma; and Aly. Basically if there was a scene that needed to get someone over, Nick was the man. He didn't chew the scenery and gave energy BACK to the other actor. Consistently. It's why Sarah, Marc, Aly, Charisma, Michelle, Amber, Tony, and Emma have all praised him in pretty much those words.

2. Nick is a "friend of Sarah" like Seth and Michelle. Easier working that way when romantic scenes are always difficult to start with. Bonus: unlike James, Nick's not a method actor, more like Sarah in just having several approaches in the can ready to go, which means scenes can shoot quicker and people get home earlier.

3. Buffy with a character who is not super-powered, doesn't intrude on her heroics, is humanly decent (not perfect but good), is her friend, can act as a damsel (and therefore make Buffy look heroic) and can inject humor and levity into situations seems the ideal antidote to S6 darkness and depression. Sarah wouldn't want this why again?

4. Xander is totally unlike Spike in that he does not threaten the starring status of Buffy and offers a different take than the inevitable slayer/vampire retread, that alone makes it a no-brainer and why Sarah would want it. It makes her and Buffy look good.

If you believe that the most interesting thing about Buffy is her superpowers and that she has sex with vampires, and that Sarah generally shares this view, then yes I can see why you'd think she would want a vampire pairing for Buffy (the possibility of B/A being zero in S7 due to Angel having his own show mandating Spike again). And why Sarah would be against a Xander pairing.

If you believe that the most interesting thing about Buffy is how she reacts as a human being to the insanity of her superpowers and the world it plunges her into, then Sarah's desire to explore that with a B/X pairing makes perfect sense. To me, Buffy shined when she was just a human being, trying to do the right thing, rather than leaden dialogue such as "When you kiss me, I want to die," which seems too god-awful for Passions even. YMMV.
silveragent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:29 PM   #32
Nirvana 1
Negative Creep

1.) Given the limited usage of Cordelia should she have been a recurring cast member like Angel in BTVS season one?

No, because the impact her character had on the show was significant given the fitting storylines she was provided, no matter the quantity.

2.) Did the writers get Angel and Buffy together too quickly?

This isn't something I'm passionate about or anything but they did, and I think it was supposed to be that way.

3.) After seeing what Darla was capable of on Angel, do you feel that they killed her off too soon on BTVS?

No, because AtS was the type of show that explored what she was capable of. BtVS was the type of show that solved it with a stake.

4.) In BTVS seasons 2-3, did they overdo it on the melodrama between Buffy and Angel?

Well, yes. Obviously.

5.) After seeing Eliza Dushku's scene stealing performances was there too much Faith in season three? Not enough? Just right?

She was the best arc of the season. Just right.

6.) Did the writers break up Xander and Cordelia too soon in season three?

I think it worked fine.

7.) Even after getting his own series, Angel still crossed back over to Buffy for two appearances in season 4, two in season 5, and the two-part finale. Do you feel these appearances were necessary or unnecessary?

The flashbacks were necessary. But I would have been content with a scene for closure.

8.) With all of the Buffy characters that crossed over to Angel, would you have liked for some of the Angel characters to cross over to Buffy?

Would have been interesting.

9.) Because of Seth Green leaving the series something had to be done about Oz and Willow. Did you like the idea of them breaking up in season four because of his side fling, or should they have maybe had him go on tour with his band and he and Willow have some sort of long distance relationship?

Not that the little "fling" reflected too well on him when look at in RL standards either, but going on tour with his band and maintaining a relationship may have made people not only dislike him, but grow tired of him.

10.) Which female sidekick did you prefer for evil Spike, Harmony or Drusilla?

Drusilla.

11.) In the first episode of season five, Buffy faced off with "The King of All Vampires" Count Dracula. Should the episode have been darker and scarier than what it was?

No. Taking itself too seriously with The Dark Master would have been selling out.

12.) Were Buffy and Riley broken up too soon?

Nah.

13.) Should BTVS have ended with the season five finale "the Gift"?

Hmmm. It's not that I think it should have ended then but that I think they could have done a better job since then, but didn't. But at the same time, some of my favorite episodes came in season 6 and even a couple in season 7.

14.) Buffy's interaction with Spike in season six; sexy, creepy, or a little of both?

Both.

15.) Do you see Buffy and Spike as having their own relationship, or as a rehash of Buffy/Angel?

Aside from being just a vampire and slayer, not at all.

16.) Nicholas Brendon and Sarah Michelle Gellar pitched to the producers a Buffy/Xander ship for season seven, would this have been something that you think they should have tried?

No. If it was ever going to work realistically, it should have a while ago. At that point where they are 22/23 it would seem so blatantly, "OMG! This whole time they were there for each other! *forehead slap*". Spare me. Plus, it's like the Thoery of Childhood Familiarity where you just aren't attracted to people who you grow up with so it keeps brothers and sisters from sleeping with each other ( ... usually) -- it just seems gross.

17.) Did you prefer Spike as a hero or a villain?

Both.

18.) Despite all the shenanigans he pulled, Andrew wound up a member of the Scooby Gang in season seven. Was this a good idea or a bad idea on the writers' part?

Well ... the story they told through him was a good one - had a beginning, a middle, and an end, and a good example of the human condition. But the character himself? The time would have been better spent on somebody whom the audience had emotional investment and with a different (yet equally compelling) arc.

19.) Did Willow get together with Kennedy too soon after Tara's death?

No. That wasn't really the issue I personally had with it. It had more to do with Kennedy herself.

20.) Were there too many characters in season seven?

Yes.

21.) Should former regular cast members Charisma Carpenter, Marc Blucas, and Seth Green been invited back for the finale? (Note from BB3: Had Tara not been deceased I would have included Amber Benson in this question as well.)

Would have liked to see them, but as far as whether they were invited back or not I wouldn't have been surprised it there was an attempt. In fact wasn't it confirmed that Seth Green was invited back, or am I mixing it up with something else?

22.) Had they taken BTVS as far as it could go, or do you think they could have done a season 8?

Hmmm. Well, you never know. I personally would have liked a better ending so if they could have managed that with a season 8, then yes, it could have.

23.) Over the show's seven seasons, did they have too many characters comeback from the dead?

No. Part of BtVS's charm, I think.

24.) Which of the good guys on the show had the most memorable death? Buffy (either one), Jenny, Angel, Joyce, Tara, Anya, or Spike?

Either Joyce or Tara.

25.) Who is your favorite Buffy Big Bad? The Master (Season 1), Angelus (Season 2), The Mayor (Season 3), Adam (Season 4), Glory (Season 5), Evil Willow (Season 6), or Caleb(Season 7)?

Willow.

ETA-

Unlike, say, Fury, Jane is more of a fan (even when she doesn't share the same views), and that seems to be why so many people like her. Yet it also has had her more honest about things when it comes to the show and more open about her dissenting opinions in the past, so there is no reason to doubt something that she didn't in fact say was of her personal opinion.

I don't see why there is any reason to doubt that B/X was one of the ideas as far as ships were concerned in s7. B/W was too and who knows what else. But at the same time, this is becoming dangerously close to putting words into mouths (or reasons into heads) of actors we don't know as if they share our world-view. We know Sarah said a scene in season 6 was "degrading" but we don't know if the whole cast didn't enjoy the show anymore, or didn't like that somebody was a regular, or why or why not Sarah would want X/B and there is no false delemma as to what your mindset is based on if you want Sarah to want S/B or S/X. /2 CENTS

I do think Sarah probably approached them about it because I'm not doubting Nicky (though in all fairness, people have doubted the sincerity/honesty of the actors when they made a statement before though only a select get jumped on), but it is understandable if somebody wants to hear it from her. And really people have doubted she did say it before and it had to do witht he idea of her just approaching for any ship - or storyline - at all, and not because of somebody's ship preference.

Last edited by Nirvana 1; 08-10-2005 at 11:33 PM.
Nirvana 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 06:18 AM   #33
galathea

Quote:
1.) Given the limited usage of Cordelia should she have been a recurring cast member like Angel in BTVS season one?
No

Quote:
2.) Did the writers get Angel and Buffy together too quickly?
No, that's the way that kind of relationship is intended ... from strangers to lovers in an instant

Quote:
3.) After seeing what Darla was capable of on Angel, do you feel that they killed her off too soon on BTVS?
No, she had no place in BtVS .. I am glad how they used that character in ATS

Quote:
4.) In BTVS seasons 2-3, did they overdo it on the melodrama between Buffy and Angel?
Uhm, yes, of course, obviously, totally ...

Quote:
5.) After seeing Eliza Dushku's scene stealing performances was there too much Faith in season three? Not enough? Just right?
Just right

Quote:
6.) Did the writers break up Xander and Cordelia too soon in season three?
No

Quote:
7.) Even after getting his own series, Angel still crossed back over to Buffy for two appearances in season 4, two in season 5, and the two-part finale. Do you feel these appearances were necessary or unnecessary?
They were totally unnecessary and annoying since they simply denied every character development that was going on at AtS at that time.

Quote:
8.) With all of the Buffy characters that crossed over to Angel, would you have liked for some of the Angel characters to cross over to Buffy?
No, I don't like crossovers.

Quote:
9.) Because of Seth Green leaving the series something had to be done about Oz and Willow. Did you like the idea of them breaking up in season four because of his side fling, or should they have maybe had him go on tour with his band and he and Willow have some sort of long distance relationship?
I liked Oz but found Willow/Tara quite appealing so no, it was okay to break them up

Quote:
10.) Which female sidekick did you prefer for evil Spike, Harmony or Drusilla?
Drusilla all the way.

Quote:
11.) In the first episode of season five, Buffy faced off with "The King of All Vampires" Count Dracula. Should the episode have been darker and scarier than what it was?
Yes

Quote:
12.) Were Buffy and Riley broken up too soon?
No, they shouldn't have been together in the first place

Quote:
13.) Should BTVS have ended with the season five finale "the Gift"?
Definitely

Quote:
14.) Buffy's interaction with Spike in season six; sexy, creepy, or a little of both?
Little of both

Quote:
15.) Do you see Buffy and Spike as having their own relationship, or as a rehash of Buffy/Angel?
Their own.

Quote:
16.) Nicholas Brendon and Sarah Michelle Gellar pitched to the producers a Buffy/Xander ship for season seven, would this have been something that you think they should have tried?
No

Quote:
17.) Did you prefer Spike as a hero or a villain?
Villain

Quote:
18.) Despite all the shenanigans he pulled, Andrew wound up a member of the Scooby Gang in season seven. Was this a good idea or a bad idea on the writers' part?
Bad, bad, bad idea ... I can't stand him and was totally annoyed that they had the nerve to bring him over to AtS

Quote:
19.) Did Willow get together with Kennedy too soon after Tara's death?
Yes

Quote:
20.) Were there too many characters in season seven?
Yes!

Quote:
21.) Should former regular cast members Charisma Carpenter, Marc Blucas, and Seth Green been invited back for the finale? (Note from BB3: Had Tara not been deceased I would have included Amber Benson in this question as well.)
No, as I said, crossovers .. not my thing

Quote:
22.) Had they taken BTVS as far as it could go, or do you think they could have done a season 8?
No way ..

Quote:
23.) Over the show's seven seasons, did they have too many characters comeback from the dead?
No

Quote:
24.) Which of the good guys on the show had the most memorable death? Buffy (either one), Jenny, Angel, Joyce, Tara, Anya, or Spike?
Tough ... Jenny for dramatic reasons and Joyce for artistic resons .. if I have to choose I'd go for Jenny.

Quote:
25.) Who is your favorite Buffy Big Bad? The Master (Season 1), Angelus (Season 2), The Mayor (Season 3), Adam (Season 4), Glory (Season 5), Evil Willow (Season 6), or Caleb(Season 7)?
The Mayor
galathea is offline   Reply With Quote