Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2004, 09:06 AM   #16
Dusted
just... smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247
What I would've done...

I never would've let Greenie leave and Joss take over after S3.
yay La!!!!

Get to the heart of the original problem by not letting there be a problem
*mutters to self- stupid Joss*
i do try not to abbreviate- honest
Dusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 11:35 AM   #17
LordKain
Devil Hunter

Re:

2 things:

1. The show should of never been on the WB in the first place cause all that network is a just a lousy deadbeat teen crapfest thats all the WB is I would of had the show go to HBO cause they would of had a shitload more freedom to do what they want cause Angel is more of an Adult show where as the WB's demographic is that of teens.

2. I would have completely seperated from Buffy cause even though most people think the show was different cause it was darker there wrong it had the same type of concepts and mythology that Buffy did If it were me I would of comibined these things into Angel:

BatMan
The Crow
The Punisher
SpiderMan
DareDevil

It would of been cooler in my eyes I'am not sure about you guys though but the writters couldn't do that especially in the last season of Angel were like Buffy they turn there lead into an asshole.
LordKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 05:51 PM   #18
LadyJubilee

1) I'd have liked the arcs to make sense. So I'd have done just a bit more planning.
2) I wouldn't have had yet another character go evil (what, was Cordy like evil act number 4?)
3) I would have stuck with the "this ain't high school" theme and had mature adult relationships between the characters--including Cordy and Angel. ((BTW, if I'd ever put off as my steam with my brother as the characters of Angel and Cordy I'd have been majorly creeped.))
4) I wouldn't have tried to teach my audience. Ats was best it when allowed that many people could reach different views---instead of the completely moralistic (and WAY misinformed) season 4.
5) I would have left Lorne as a shadowy character.....and left Fred as the crazy girl. No offense to AA, but I just didn't by Fred-girl of every man's dream.
6) I would have left out the Buffy stuff---as one who only watched Ats I didn't care about or understadn the references.
LadyJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 05:29 PM   #19
brownsbros3

I had a few ideas that popped into my head this afternoon, so I thought I'd posted them.

1.) I would have had more interaction between Angel and Cordelia in Buffy's third season to set up them running into each other at the party in "City of.."

2.) In Season Two, I would have cut the Angel being seperated from the group off with the Thin Dead Line. I would had him hear the gunshot on the rooftop, and immediately jump down. He would then fight the cops and order Gunn, Rondell, and George to get Wesley to safety. Then at the hospital, he could apologize for his actions, and beg their forgiveness.

3.) I have had Angel tell Cordelia in private what happened when he went to go see Buffy after Willow raised her from the dead.

4.) I would have let them have their meeting at the beach. They could then go back to the original plotline of the show with Angel seeking redemption. He could use his wanting to be with Cordelia as extra motivation to get that redemption.

5.) I would have had more appearances by Drusilla. She's hilarious.

6.) In "Spin the Bottle" I would have had only Cordelia revert back to her high school years. She would then call Xander and Giles saying she's lost in L.A., and needs them to come get her. They arrive, but take her back to Angel. That way all of the original Buffy cast could say they made at least one appearance on Angel.

7.) I would have played up the Fang Gang vs. Scoobies rivalry in season five. They started building the storyline up, but then didn't deliver.

8.) I think I've brought this up on another thread. On Buffy, the love triangle centered around Angel, Buffy, and Spike. Given the popularity of shows like the Bachelor and that the name of the show is Angel, I would have had the love triangle centered around Angel, Cordelia, and Buffy.

9.) I would not have brought back Harmony at all. Her appearances in season five were pointless, and added absolutely nothing to the show.

10.) At some point, I would have had Spike turn evil again. I've always liked him better as a villain.
brownsbros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 01:15 PM   #20
brownsbros3

Here's some more ideas (Some I actually did include as part of my fantasy Angel season six and season fanfics),
1.) I would have had Harmony attack Angel during his fight with Hamilton in the finale. During the battle, Cordelia would make a surprise return and stake Harmony leaving Angel to fight Hamilton one on one.

2.) I would have had Nina take an interest in Spike rather than Angel.

3.) I would have done more with that storyline introduced in Lineage about Wesley possibly rejoining the Watcher's Council.

4.) I would have liked for them to do a vampire gauntlet. By that I mean, bring back the meanest vampires Angel faced, and have the Fang Gang fight them all. (Darla, Drusilla, James, Penn, Lawson, etc.)

5.) I would have had Angel tell Buffy off once and for all.

6.) I would have had Gwen return for a conjugal visit with Gunn. I find it funny that Jeffrey Bell says nothing happened between them in Players other than they kissed. Yeah right, Gunn's got a hot chick on a bed in front of him with no shirt on and we're supposed to believe nothing happened.

7.) I would have given Wesley and Fred more time as a couple before turning her into Illyria. I think it would have been even more emotional had they spent more time as a couple rather than killing Fred in the very next episode.

8.) I would have had Cordelia return from PTB-ville to fight Fred/Illyria in Shells telling her "These were my guys long before they were yours."

9.) I would have included Andy Hallett in the opening credits since season two, because he appeared in the majority of the episodes for seasons two, three, and four.

10.) After getting chewed out by Cordelia, Angel should have told her that reason he was so mad about what happened with the commercial director is because he didn't think she deserved to be treated like that.

11.) I would have liked for Cordelia to have had enough of the director and just hit him, or kick him in the nuts really hard.

12.) I would have had them in the season four finale searching for a way to revive Cordelia rather than getting the Wolfram and Hart grand tour.

13.) In Heartthrob, I wouldn't have had them kill Elizabeth right away. I would have liked for there to hve been a big fight scene with her and James against Angel and Cordelia.

14.) I would have had at some point a return appearance by the Scourge so that Angel and Cordelia could get some revenge for Doyle's death.

15.) I would not have had the recurring theme of someone turning on the group in each season. In season two it was Angel, in season three it was Wesley, in season four it was Cordelia, and in season five it was Fred and to a lesser extent Gunn. (Gunn didn't really turn, but he made a bargain with W&H that ended up costing Fred her life.)
Old 02-26-2005, 10:22 AM   #21
JoJo

I've spent the last two weeks doing boring, non-brain intensive work, so I've had some time to think of what I would have done differently.

1) S2 - condense the Pylea arc into one ep. (i.e. they all fall into Pylea, hook up with the rebels, defeat the priests, then go home.) Without Groo and the Princess subplots, Pylea could easily be compressed. Either no Fred, or she goes home right away.

2) S2 - The last two eps would feature the return of Darla, with a big showdown between Darla, various W&H minions and the Fang Gang. As a shocker ending, I'd have Lindsey dust Darla.

3) S3 - The return of Holtz, but this time, I'd have Gunn join his group after hearing Holtz's side of the story. This would allow for some good scenes between Gunn and Wesley.

4) S4 - The beast would return - I'd have W&H and the Fang Gang forced join forces to defeat him. Potential for Lilah/Wes.

5) S5 - Back to square one with AI fighting the good fight.
JoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 06:29 PM   #22
brownsbros3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo
Back to square one with AI fighting the good fight.
That's exactly what they should have done. The Wolfram and Hart thing was just beyond ridiculous.
Old 02-26-2005, 07:01 PM   #23
Childe of Blade

What I would've done:

1) Have Angel REALLY tell off Buffy in Sanctuary, call her a venomous bitch, tell her how his life doesn't revolve around her, threaten to snap her hear off her shoulders for any Cordy or Wesley bashing, etc.

2) After #1, terminate "ALL" connections between the shows, no showing up in Sunnydale in 'The Yoko Factor', no calling Willow during Disharmony, no Willow showing up during the TNPLPG, no secret meeting, No Orpheus appearance, no Chosen(ESPECIALLY NO CHOSEN!!!) . The shows would talk less about each other than Highlander and Star Trek.

3) Have Cordy comfort Angel after his bout with drinking the tainted Connor blood by putting him in the shower and scrubbing him off, sort of how he did with Kate in season 2. Cordy and Angel in a wet, naked hug, even if it didn't lead to anything else afterwards.

Signed, COTD, the Anti-DucKKK
Childe of Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 04:35 AM   #24
TeSjah
Dutchess of LaLaLand

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKain
would have made CK a regular at the end of Season 1 and having him join Angel & Gang cause keeping him as an enermy against Angel was pointless and boring.
Lindsay joining the team is exactly what is boring, I loved the fact that when Holland offered him his office, Lindsay walked to the door, and the moment you thought he was gonna walk out, he closed the door. *sigh* Lindsay = villian. But I was glad he left at the end of 'Dead End'
Quote:
3. No Plyea arc it made Cordy look like the selfish bitch she was in the early seasons of Buffy and I was actually happy when Silas(The head priest) hit her in the face.
I agree, with the fact that they made Cordelia look like a selfish bitch again. Especially when they made her take the juwelary made her look like she was material girl again.
Quote:
8. Layed of the drama and the angst a little it realy pissed me off they should of added more comedy and action to the show.
You missed action? Where was I? The show has always been packed with action.
There is enough comedy for a show like Angel. Hello? Dark show, remember. They threw in some great episodes that were hilarious. (Waiting in the Wings, Spin the Bottle, The Magic Bullet, Smile Time)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo
4. Connor never should have existed. As much as I liked Darla's sacrifice in Lullabye, Connor, once he became a completely unlikeable, sociopathic teenager, was a complete drag on the show. And his role in the destruction of Cordelia was unforgivable.
You're saying it wrong. Connor just did what he had to do to keep his life as good as possible. And can you blame him? He was under the spell of Jasmine/Cordelia and that is why he did the things he did. The only thing I can't forgive him for is the fact that he let that girl die in 'Inside Out'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsbros3
More Gwen Raiden
Are you kidding me? More of that annoying, bad-announciating liar? I bet you just liked the tight PVC...
Quote:
I would have ended each season on a positive note.
Do you know what show you're watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojoson
i would have had Cordy stay in the upper realm for the whole 4th season, helping out like she did in 'The house Always Wins'
How could she possibly help? She can't communicate, can't touch anything or move around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejlivesforever
A couple days ago I was watching Conviction and then thought. What if Spike never came into the picture. Spike's a good character it's just... he didn't belong with the fang gang. I much rather him be a baddie than a goodie.
Spike as a baddie *sigh* I had a crush on baddie Spike. That's why I liked 'Sleeper' that much, William the Bloody was back, yay!

Quote:
I'd have Wesley be a lawyer.
They had phone sex, lilah as fred sex, sexy welsey sex scenes, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedish_cordy
MUCH MORE a/c.
As much as I'd like this to happen, it is a multiple-character show, so they have to spend time on all couples. I like the dream of C/A better than when it actually would happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyJubilee
I would have left Lorne as a shadowy character.....and left Fred as the crazy girl. No offense to AA, but I just didn't by Fred-girl of every man's dream.
Man either like ass or boobs. She doesn't have those. She's crazy, boring and I think she's evil.

Quote:
I would have left out the Buffy stuff---as one who only watched Ats I didn't care about or understadn the references.
True, so true. I did watch BtVs, but I found the references and cross-overs rather pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsbros3 again
I have had Angel tell Cordelia in private what happened when he went to go see Buffy after Willow raised her from the dead.
*chuckles* Sorry I have Cordelia/Wesley faking Buffy/Angel in my head.

Quote:
I would have had more appearances by Drusilla. She's hilarious.
I agreee, I love Dru.

Quote:
In "Spin the Bottle" I would have had only Cordelia revert back to her high school years. She would then call Xander and Giles saying she's lost in L.A., and needs them to come get her. They arrive, but take her back to Angel. That way all of the original Buffy cast could say they made at least one appearance on Angel.
Why would they make an appearance on Angel. Pointless! Stupid! Lame! Melodramatic! No BtVs-people on MY our favourite show. They would mess everything up.

Quote:
I would not have brought back Harmony at all. Her appearances in season five were pointless, and added absolutely nothing to the show.
Yeah, but I liked her. Sometimes i have a bad tast in character-liking. I even liked 'Harm's Way'. Believe me, when you're having a bad night, it will cheer you up.

Quote:
I would have had Harmony attack Angel during his fight with Hamilton in the finale. During the battle, Cordelia would make a surprise return and stake Harmony leaving Angel to fight Hamilton one on one.
Even a show like Angel has certain rules of existince. Harmony deosn't wanna get killed, so why would she wanna go and attack Angel? Cordelia is deader than death and couldn't possibly come back to stake Harmony. (Why would anybody wanna come back from the death to stake Harmony)

Quote:
I would have done more with that storyline introduced in Lineage about Wesley possibly rejoining the Watcher's Council.
Pfft. What did the Watcher's Council ever do for them?! Besides, the Watcher's Council went 'boom', remember?

Quote:
I would have had Gwen return for a conjugal visit with Gunn. I find it funny that Jeffrey Bell says nothing happened between them in Players other than they kissed. Yeah right, Gunn's got a hot chick on a bed in front of him with no shirt on and we're supposed to believe nothing happened.
Of course they shagged! What else would have happend. I'm glad they kicked out Gwen. She was boring and nothing more than a poor X-men rip-off. She was shallow, and if she had any layers, they were damn well hidden.

[quote=JoJo, again]
condense the Pylea arc into one ep. (i.e. they all fall into Pylea, hook up with the rebels, defeat the priests, then go home.) Without Groo and the Princess subplots, Pylea could easily be compressed. Either no Fred, or she goes home right away.[quote]
Angel should have killed Groo when he had the chance *groan*

Quote:
Back to square one with AI fighting the good fight.
*sighs* Best thing I heard this entire thread.

[quote=Childe of Blade]
Have Angel REALLY tell off Buffy in Sanctuary, call her a venomous bitch, tell her how his life doesn't revolve around her, threaten to snap her hear off her shoulders for any Cordy or Wesley bashing, etc.[quote]
*has great visuals now* Only he has to kick her ass too, and kiss Cordy right in front of her. I don't care that they're nto in love there. I love to hurt Buffy, simply because I hate her.

Quote:
After #1, terminate "ALL" connections between the shows, no showing up in Sunnydale in 'The Yoko Factor', no calling Willow during Disharmony, no Willow showing up during the TNPLPG, no secret meeting, No Orpheus appearance, no Chosen(ESPECIALLY NO CHOSEN!!!) oed:. The shows would talk less about each other than Highlander and Star Trek.
True, true, true. I hate everything involving BtVs and Angel cross-overs. Like i said before. They are useless. Especially Willow and Buffy ones.

"Well, it's hard to top taking a dagger to the jugular, but I do what I can," Lilah shrugged.

'Shipping: CordyAngel ~ LilahWesley ~ ReginaHook
TeSjah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 11:48 AM   #25
tojoson

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesjah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojoson
i would have had Cordy stay in the upper realm for the whole 4th season, helping out like she did in 'The house Always Wins
'

How could she possibly help? She can't communicate, can't touch anything or move around.
but, for a season long arc, they could have had her able to communicate, (maybe she could give angel some visions, and he wouild know they came from her), or maybe even effect things to a limited amount, the writers could set it up any way they wanted

it would cover the pregnancy, keep her in the show, keep her from being evil, and eliminate the squickfest of C/C, then she couild have come back at the start of season 5

Last edited by tojoson; 02-27-2005 at 11:51 AM.
tojoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 02:47 PM   #26
brownsbros3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeSjah
I bet you just liked the tight PVC...
What's wrong with that? I have no problem admitting that I think Alexa Davalos is a hottie.

Quote:
Do you know what show you're watching?
Yeah, I do. I'm just a sucker for a happy ending. I always thought it was just unfair that Buffy got to end most of her seasons on a high note, and they only let Angel have just season one end well for him.

Quote:
I did watch BtVs, but I found the references and cross-overs rather pointless.
I didn't mind the crossovers when they added something to the story. I didn't like the episodes where the Angel cast would take a back seat to the Buffy guest stars.

Quote:
I even liked 'Harm's Way'.
While there were some parts that were funny, overall I thought the episode was stupid, and to me it really didn't make sense to center an entire episode around a guest star.

Quote:
so why would she wanna go and attack Angel?
He just fired her, and he's fighting with her new lover, Hamilton.

Quote:
Cordelia is deader than death and couldn't possibly come back to stake Harmony.
They could have had the Powers That Be send her back to help Angel with the final battle. Plus, as Cordelia mentioned in "You're Welcome," the last time they'd met up, Harmony tried to kill her.

Quote:
What did the Watcher's Council ever do for them?! Besides, the Watcher's Council went 'boom', remember?
In the episode "Lineage," the robot that is posing as Wesley's father told him that the Watcher's Council was reforming, and told Wesley that this could be a chance to clear his name.

Quote:
She was shallow, and if she had any layers, they were damn well hidden.
I thought they should have delved into her background more. They set up the backstory at the start of "Ground State" with her parents dumping Gwen off at a boarding school, and her accidentally killing another kid. One of the fanfic storylines that I did a few months back played up the relationship between her and Gunn more. The premise was that he was trying to convince her to give up being a thief, and use her abilities to help people rather than steal from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of the Blade
Angel REALLY tell off Buffy in Sanctuary, call her a venomous bitch, tell her how his life doesn't revolve around her
He told her off, but he didn't stick with it. I hated it that they had him wuss out, and go apologize to her, even though Angel was right. But then again Buffy always did have the higher spot on the ME totem pole.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:53 AM   #27
nodakskip

"What Do You Think They Should Have Done?"

As I have said one of the biggest mistakes they did was treat it as Buffy vs Angel shows. All guest stars on Angel was only to push Joss's favorite people. (Willow/Faith).

I do think they should have done small crossovers like a "Oh I got an email from..." Or "I just got off the phone with..." those kind of crossovers between Buffy/Angel are simple and easy to keep the shows together but yet apart.

Look at the Law and Order shows. A few times on all the shows they call the other shows cops/DA's and have a quick scene with them and thats it. It never did anything to take away from the new shows people.

Another thing that hurt the Angel was the "this is grown up land" feel to it. It tried to hard to show up that its more adult then Buffy. Thing is when they were on the same network... why couldnt Buffy have done the same damn stuff on that show? (I mean other then when it became "Who is Buffy sleeping with now?")

Also the Star Trek shows... TNG/DS9/VOY they all crossed over and didnt hurt any of them.

I've seen way too many fans try to make it a pi**ing contest between Buffy and Angel as to what show was the best.

For example there is an Angel fic on FF.net that has Xander/Willow come up to LA and are treated like kids by the fang gang. When Angel is told of the First and the Uber vamps, Angel asks what the big deal is and says he can kick the crap out of an Ubervamp in a few seconds. Then after they see the Beast, Xander and Willow run like hell back to the nice safe Sunnydale.

To me it will always be the one Buffyverse since that was the first show and all other stuff that came after is in the same Verse if you will. Thats why I dont consider Buffy people in Angel or Angel people in Buffy as a crossover.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:46 AM   #28
DamnSkippy

That would all be well and good, nodaskip, if the producing entity of both shows hadn't pitted one against the other. Ats was always treated as the red-headed step child in publicity and praise. If fact, I would say it was the red-headed bastard dog-faced reptile boy step child compared to the god-like pedastal Btvs was placed on. And then S4 and S5 happened in which they tried to make Ats into Btvs by bringing over half of the Btvs cast to try and "save it" and only managed, IMO, to destroy it. So I can understand the contempt that some strictly Ats fans have for Btvs and I don't think it's entirely unjustified. I would never write a x-over fic that wasn't as true to the characters of each show as possible, but I can see why some feel the need to express their disgust in that way.

ETA: As far as the "verse" goes, I don't think that Ats needed to constantly be linked to Btvs simply because it's the same fantasy verse. No spin-off set in the "reality" verse (like Frasier from Cheers) constantly refers back to its parent like they did with Ats (both by the producers and the journalists).

Ats was set in LA and Btvs in Sunnydale. They never needed to cross over once they were separated and certainly no one needed to refer to Ats constantly as the Buffy spin-off (even after 5 years!!) just because they shared a common "verse". Viewers who had never seen Buffy didn't need to go back and watch the first 3 years of Btvs in order to understand Angel so why the need to constantly link them?

The ONLY reason they did it to begin with was to cash in on the Btvs audience and the whole B/A viewership. But once that was clearly over, and Ats had a solid viewship of its own, they really should have severed all ties and let it stand on its own.

Last edited by DamnSkippy; 02-28-2005 at 12:17 PM.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 09:05 AM   #29
brownsbros3

Angel only had one season where they got to stand on their own two feet, and that was season three. When Angel was cancelled, hardly any of the articles I saw referred to the show as "Angel", it was either referred to as "The Buffy Spinoff, Angel" or in some cases just "The Buffy Spinoff." When the Jeffersons ended it wasn't referred to as the All in the Family spinoff. When Frasier ended, I didn't see anyone refer to it as the Cheers spinoff.

With the crossovers at times became like a crutch for the writers. Cordy and Doyle had to get Oz to help them save Angel from Spike, Buffy had to show up to stop Faith, they had to contact Willow regarding Harmony, they had to use both Willow and Faith to defeat Evil Cordy and Angelus, they had to bring in Andrew to help against Dana, and they contacted Giles to get him to send Willow to help stop Illyria. They would rarely let the Fang Gang do it on their own, they always had to get someone from Buffy to do it for them.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:18 AM   #30
JoJo

Even after S4, with its character assassinations and nonsensical plotlines, Angel could have been salvaged if they hadn't joined W&H. I was thinking about the eps in S5 that I enjoyed, and it occurred to me that they had nothing to do with W&H.

Take The Cautionary Tale of Numero Cinco. With a little tweaking, that ep could have taken place in any season (i.e. AI investigates the killings, tracks down #5, hears his story - complete with flashbacks, then kills the monster.).

Ditto for Damage. That ep continued a storyline set up on BTVS. It would have worked just as well set in the Hyperion with AI hunting for the deranged slayer.

As for Spike, Lindsey could just have easily mailed the amulet to the Hyperion for the same purpose of creating a rival to Angel and causing Angel to doubt himself.

Or Smile Time, Angel could have heard about the mystical comas, etc.

Even LOTP could have taken place, (i.e. Lorne hosts a shindig at the Hyperion after going to a witch to have his sleep removed.)

Unleashed is another one, that with some tweaking, could have taken place at the Hyperion.

In short, S5 could have had quite a few of the same storylines without destroying all the characters.
JoJo is offline   Reply With Quote