Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2004, 02:34 AM   #1
LordKain
Devil Hunter

What Do You Think They Should Have Done

I think by now we all know how many mistakes ME and Joss have made with Angel and if the power was in your hands what would you do I would do the following:

1. would have made CK a regular at the end of Season 1 and having him join Angel & Gang cause keeping him as an enermy against Angel was pointless and boring.

2. I would of made the whole Darla arc alot shorter it was getting old and boring fast.

3. No Plyea arc it made Cordy look like the selfish bitch she was in the early seasons of Buffy and I was actually happy when Silas(The head priest) hit her in the face.

4. No buffy references how is the show going to suceed when it is constantly being interupted by it's mother show.

5. Killed Holtz earlier on in the show instead of having him kidnap cause after that the show just wasn't the same especially when Connor came back a teenager blaming Angel for everything it was depressing to watch.

6. Reign Of Fire was a good epsiode the the one thing that ruined it was the last scene of it with CONNOR/CORDY WHICH SHOULD NEVER OF HAPPENED AT ALL.

7. Wouldn't have killed of Cordy after that the show was a goner.

8. Layed of the drama and the angst a little it realy pissed me off they should of added more comedy and action to the show.

9. Wouldn't have made Fred the center of attention of the Fang Gang she worked better as crazy taco lady and don't get me started Illyria she was a direct rip off the GR's E:FC Adivas if she had claws there would be a lawsuit not to mention a pretty dull and boring character to with the exeption of the last 2 epsiodes.

10. Wouldn't have made Spike the centre of both shows I mean anyone would didn't like him on the show was attacked and pretty much branded at satanist for hating him. The writters took it far to easy on him it was like he could do no wrong in there eyes of Joss or the rest of the writters where as the other characters could look at what happened to Angel at the hands of Holtz what the hell happened to Spike at the hands of Wood nothing exept a little beating it was insulting.

There are more but I would get to them later.

Last edited by LordKain; 10-22-2004 at 09:42 AM.
LordKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 08:39 AM   #2
JoJo

Good points Lord Kain.

Personally, I would have:

1. Sent Fred home with her parents in Fredless. Her arc, such as it was, was clearly over and it would have been a good way to get rid of her.

2. Condensed the Pylea arc into one ep, or at the most two. Through The Looking Glass was nothing more than a device to introduce Groo, and since his only purpose was to throw a monkey wrench into C/A, and since that could have been accomplished without him, the ep was pointless.

3. Much as I liked Spike in BTVS, he really didn't belong on ATS; he never should have been resurrected. As Buffy said, "When you bow, you leave the crowd." At times, I thought S5 should have been called "Spike" not "Angel".

4. Connor never should have existed. As much as I liked Darla's sacrifice in Lullabye, Connor, once he became a completely unlikeable, sociopathic teenager, was a complete drag on the show. And his role in the destruction of Cordelia was unforgivable.

5. The Fang Gang wouldn't have joined W&H. I could never see them as heroes after that. In fact, by the end of S5, I was rooting for Lindsey.
JoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 09:12 AM   #3
brownsbros3

Overall:
1.) I would have never killed off Cordelia, or had her "turn evil."
2.) I would rather them have gone with the version of Connor that was introduced in season five.
3.) More Faith
4.) More Gwen Raiden
5.) No Groosalugg
6.) I would have shortened the Pylean arc from four episodes to two.
7.) I would have kept Lindsey and Holland around. (I never liked Gavin or Linwood.)
8.) I wouldn't have had Wesley take the baby, and do the dirty deed with Lilah.
9.) I would have ended each season on a positive note.
10.) This is my idea for how they could have worked around Charisma's pregnancy in season four to make the storylines better: I would have had them introduced Jasmine sooner. She comes as a "messenger from the PTB" to send them on an artifical quest, which results in her creating the illusion that Angel has shanshued. Angel thinking he's a normal human makes love to Cordelia and Angelus pops back out. Angelus wreaks havoc on the population. While trying to re-ensoul Angel, Jasmine turns on the group gives Cordelia a beatdown that results in her being hospitalized. While she's in a coma, Jasmine sends the Beast to finish Cordelia and Angel has to fight him to protect her. After they beat Jasmine and the Beast, the Fang Gang could then focus their energies on getting Cordelia back.
brownsbros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 12:14 PM   #4
tojoson

i would have had Holtz succeeded in escaping and going to Montana with Conner.

i would have had Cordy stay in the upper realm for the whole 4th season, helping out like she did in 'The house Always Wins'
(easy to cover the pregnancy if you only see her face--also she could have done them way ahead of time, so she could relax while her baby came to term). then they could have brought her back in season 5, she could have been possessed by Ilyria, (only without the permanent losing of the soul--so she could have been saved)

they could have had Fred give birth to Jasmine

of course, if my ideas for Cordy had come about, there probably wouldn't have been
See Jane Date,
Miss Match,
The Division,
Cats And Dogs,

i think i'm happier the way it is now
Old 10-22-2004, 12:49 PM   #5
JoJo

Here's another:

After the S5 finale of BTVS, Joss should have had Buffy stay dead and changed the name of the show to Sunnydale. That way he could have kept the setting and supporting characters, brought in a new slayer, but avoided the destruction of Buffy's character and the sad decline of the show.
JoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 02:09 AM   #6
Eddy-Maddness

I agree JoJo. I also believe that if Buffy had stayed dead, Angel's show would've lasted alot longer with alot more fresh creativity cause the mother show wouldn't have its grip around AtS anymore.

Weiss

Last edited by Eddy-Maddness; 10-23-2004 at 02:13 AM.
Eddy-Maddness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 11:14 AM   #7
Witchy

Quote:
10. Wouldn't have made Spike the centre of both shows I mean anyone would didn't like him on the show was attacked and pretty much branded at satanist for hating him. The writters took it far to easy on him it was like he could do no wrong in there eyes of Joss or the rest of the writters where as the other characters could look at what happened to Angel at the hands of Holtz what the hell happened to Spike at the hands of Wood nothing exept a little beating it was insulting.

Ain't that the truth.

I would have had Cordy and Angel remain good friends, no romance, they were so great together as siblings. When they tried to make them into lovers it didn't work for me.
The whole ConCord thing should never have happened. I like the idea of Cordy staying a higher being and helping the gang out until after Charisma had her baby.

But it is all too late now, water under the bridge. *sigh*
Old 10-23-2004, 11:24 AM   #8
CAMartin
Oh! A bird!

Quote:
This is my idea for how they could have worked around Charisma's pregnancy in season four to make the storylines better: I would have had them introduced Jasmine sooner. She comes as a "messenger from the PTB" to send them on an artifical quest, which results in her creating the illusion that Angel has shanshued. Angel thinking he's a normal human makes love to Cordelia and Angelus pops back out. Angelus wreaks havoc on the population. While trying to re-ensoul Angel, Jasmine turns on the group gives Cordelia a beatdown that results in her being hospitalized. While she's in a coma, Jasmine sends the Beast to finish Cordelia and Angel has to fight him to protect her. After they beat Jasmine and the Beast, the Fang Gang could then focus their energies on getting Cordelia back.
Is it wrong that I suddenly want this to become a fanfiction story so I can pretend this is what actually happened?
CAMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 11:39 AM   #9
Dusted
just... smile

noo it isn't . Go put it into the challenge thread. go go shoo shoo.
i do try not to abbreviate- honest
Dusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 11:50 PM   #10
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchy
I would have had Cordy and Angel remain good friends, no romance, they were so great together as siblings.
Huh? When were they ever siblings? They referred to each other as friends, co-workers, and even family, but I never saw Angel refer to Cordy as something like his sister, nor did Cordy ever call Angel her brother. Family doesn't necessarily mean brother & sister. I called my ex-boyfriend family, but it doesn't mean he was like my brother.

Besides, I don't think Angel calling Cordy a "hottie" in Episode One is exactly brotherly. I'm just sayin'.

What I would've done...

I never would've let Greenie leave and Joss take over after S3.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 12:37 AM   #11
motivational speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247
Huh? When were they ever siblings? They referred to each other as friends, co-workers, and even family, but I never saw Angel refer to Cordy as something like his sister, nor did Cordy ever call Angel her brother. Family doesn't necessarily mean brother & sister. I called my ex-boyfriend family, but it doesn't mean he was like my brother.

Besides, I don't think Angel calling Cordy a "hottie" in Episode One is exactly brotherly. I'm just sayin'.

What I would've done...

I never would've let Greenie leave and Joss take over after S3.
I think there was a 'family' vibe there. And family usually means just that, the sort of relationship that a family would have. A parent-child, brother-sister. I don't think the family relationship that Angel Cordy and Wesley had towards the end of S1 was that of boyfriend/girlfriend or 2 husbands and a wife at all. I think what was interesting with the early seasons was that we had regular characters who were actually not having a romantic relationship with each other. Which was unlike most shows that stick to the regular and at times (see Smallville) dull format of coupling up regulars.

As to the hottie remark. IIRC Angel was asking Doyle if he thought Cordy was a hottie. Which clearly Doyle did, the way he was talking about her. I think it was done in the same way as 2 friends talking and one saying to the other "you fancy her then?". In ep. 1 of course there was no family vibe as they had only just established a connection with each other.

I didn't see a need to establish the family message, which kept being mentioned for a time during S1 and 2. The fact that they worked together and liked each other and stayed was enough I think. The scenes and storylines spoke for themselves back then. They didn't need to press the 'family' feel particularly. But compared to the regular 'champion' message shoved down our throats in later seasons, it was positively non-existant

Last edited by motivational speaker; 10-24-2004 at 12:43 AM.
motivational speaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 01:39 AM   #12
ejlivesforever

"We only complain now when it's over."

in no particular order:

-I didn't see the reason why they had to get rid of Doyle so fast. He was doing great as a character and when they killed him off. I was hoping for a resurrection but got none.

-Season 1 was great but then all of sudden out the blue. After season 1: here comes all the serious stuff. Darla, Holtz, Connor. I didn't like that they rushed it... instead of slowly thawing it out.

-A couple days ago I was watching Conviction and then thought. What if Spike never came into the picture. Spike's a good character it's just... he didn't belong with the fang gang. I much rather him be a baddie than a goodie.

-I'd have Wesley be a lawyer. (Lilah + Wesley = Sex on the office table)

-Connor. Aww...poor kid. What they should of done was try and give him some sort of direction. It was always one way and that way was hazy and then they tried to erase his past. A little too late for that.

-The apparent demise of Angel's crew at the end of season 5. Why? There was no need to absolutely make them have no chance of surviving...
Old 10-24-2004, 04:02 AM   #13
Witchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247
Sorry, but that is the vibe I got from Cordy and Angel's relationship. They seemed just like brother and sister to me and I loved it. It made a refreshing change. I was sorry when they tried to make them into lovers.jmho.
Old 10-24-2004, 05:01 AM   #14
swedish_cordy

From the top of my head:

1. Darla arc - much shorter (I don't like her at season 2 at all!)
2. Holtz much shorter too!
3. No evil Cordy- rather have her pregnat with Angel in some way than with Connor.
4. I want to have the Pylea arc - I like it, but no Groo!!!
5. MUCH MORE a/c.
swedish_cordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 05:51 PM   #15
brownsbros3

One thing that I would have liked for them to do in season four. During that arc in which Cordelia was back, but had lost her memory, I would have loved for them to do a scene where she visits Wesley. In Slouching Toward Bethlehem, she sees a photo of herself, Angel, and Wesley. Surely she must have wondered who he is. I would have loved to have seen Wesley's response to her visit.
brownsbros3 is offline   Reply With Quote