Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2004, 01:41 PM   #16
Prima
I have no idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247
JM has chemistry with a rock.In that SMG has big boobs or that Boreanaz is Puerto Rican? And it's PRINZE. Freddie PRINZE Jr.
Heh. La found the words.

"...speculating on the sadomasochistic dominance games of the White House staff is always more interesting and topical than shipper wars." --Cordy's Bitch

"OMG GOD HATES ME BECAUSE HE DIDN'T MAKE JESUS/PETER CANON! I'M QUITTING THIS FANDOM, AND I AM TOTALLY NOT FINISHING REVELATIONS!" --latara
Prima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 01:41 PM   #17
Miela

Lol. Come on guys- can't help it if my imagination goes a little bit overboard. No I haven't kissed CC, but it's just a general observation- even watching her kiss Mark Lutz (Groo) she looked a bit out of place. And yes, we've established that it's just me then!!

As for the off-screen romance b/w DB and SMG- just my opinion that something did happen, and if it did, then it's got everything to do with this topic, b/c surely then, the chemistry is just that more plain to see- which during the whole of s2 Btvs, it WAS!
Miela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 01:42 PM   #18
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miela
Off the topic a little, but isn't it strange how DB's real life wife looks similar to SMG and how Freddie Prince Jr, has slomewhat of a resemblance to DB! Or is that just me!!
That's just you. FP looks nothing like DB, and other than being small and blonde, DB's wife doesn't looke like SMG.

While I agree with Lara that sometimes CC seemed like she was holding back in her scenes, I thought the dance of attraction in WITW and the kiss in YW were ded sexy. The rest of WITW was marred to me because of the cheesy dialogue, but when the characters were being "themselves" it clicked.

It's hard to judge the kissing in season four because CC said that she was feeling physically ill during some of her kissing scenes, and she was five months pregers when they shot Awakening- and most definitely posessing a big tummy. That hampered what they could show. But the kissing was hot, and I think it a little ridiculous to judge a persons kissing ability by an on screen kiss.

personally I thought SMG looked like a guppy in need of water during some of her kissing scenes. She tended to "over act" them and they were sometimes pretty cheesy.

As for sexual chemistry, I think DB and CC had it, but it was wasted.

SMG, JB, and SR all had oodles of chemistry with DB.

JAR had it with CC, AA (I think), AD and ADavalos.

AH had it with CC and especially AA.

JM had it with DB, big time.

JM had it with SMG but they squandered it.

NB and EC.

SG and AHan.

NB and MT.

JM and MT had it in spades.

JB and Lindsey.

AD and SR

Those had it the most.
Old 08-02-2004, 01:43 PM   #19
Prima
I have no idea...

Quote:
As for the off-screen romance b/w DB and SMG- just my opinion that something did happen, and if it did, then it's got everything to do with this topic, b/c surely then, the chemistry is just that more plain to see- which during the whole of s2 Btvs, it WAS!
Honey. Pull up your skirt 'cause your ship is showing.

"...speculating on the sadomasochistic dominance games of the White House staff is always more interesting and topical than shipper wars." --Cordy's Bitch

"OMG GOD HATES ME BECAUSE HE DIDN'T MAKE JESUS/PETER CANON! I'M QUITTING THIS FANDOM, AND I AM TOTALLY NOT FINISHING REVELATIONS!" --latara
Old 08-02-2004, 01:46 PM   #20
rousedower
cancelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247
While that is a rumor and has not been confirmed by anyone, I don't see what an off-screen romance has to do with anything.
Not only was it never confirmed, but it was denied by both David and Sarah. Sure they could be lying, but the point is that as of now that's nothing but a rumor. So Miela, be careful when you go around speaking of it as if it were fact when no one knows if it is or not.
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13
rousedower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 01:52 PM   #21
v120176

About CC's kissing... maybe she doesn't have too much experience, I mean see the difference between cordy and Buffy love life, except Xander, Cordy didn't have a boyfriend in a long time and with Groo is not like she was kissing him all the time like buffy with Angel, riley or spike. So CC (let apart the fact that SMG acts since she was a child) didn't have to kiss to much on screen until, let's face it season 4. I didn't like the C/A chemistry in Awakening, but I think that was because CC's pregnancy. She said she was unconfortable kissing other men being pregnant and she had to do a bed scene with DB (who wasn't a very skinny man) and also had to kiss/bed VK with all the ewwww of Concord in the back. Put that plus the pregnancy... I can see why she didn't look well kissing.

I know, she's an actress, she has to play the part no matter what, yadda, yadda, yadda.... Yes. I'm the first person to say shut up when an actor starts to complain without justification. Key word: JUSTIFICATION. I think what ME put CC through in season 4 is enough justification for anything she could do.
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 01:54 PM   #22
Miela

Prima-
Nah! The last thing I’d ever advocate is B/A. I’m not a fan, honest to god. 100% C/A, but it is a common critcism leveled at CC and DB that they didn’t exude that extra “oomph” This is not to say I agree. Personally, I think distinctions b/w natural and sexual chemistry are overblown- the only scene I did have a problem with was WITW, which I think we can safely say was down to terrible scripting, and the fact that the two were not acting as “themselves” per se.
Old 08-02-2004, 01:55 PM   #23
AngelsChilde
Shoot the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prima
Soda out my nose. Not funny.
AngelsChilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 01:57 PM   #24
Miela

Quote:
Originally Posted by v120176
I didn't like the C/A chemistry in Awakening
I haven't seen YW yet so I can't say which of their kisses really conveyed the most, but I thought their love scene at the end of Awakening was thus far, their best!
Old 08-02-2004, 01:59 PM   #25
Platypus
The Pointy End

I personally think Cordy and Angel had tons of natural sexual chemistry (don't know about DB and CC, which is, I think, sort of besides the point - they played their characters off as having chemistry). The little dance scene out of the ballet dancer's dressing room in "WitW" was all kinds of hot. And need I mention the training scenes in "Billy" and "Offspring?" Not to mention the little "soothe your ass off" scene in "Fredless".

But I think Penny has spoken eloquently before on the different kinds of chemistry, and how some of it is manufactured and other types are just there, sizzling on the screen. And when the dialogue was bad (as was the case in "Tomorrow" and "Deep Down", in my opinion), no amount of natural chemistry could distract you from the fact that the scene wasn't working.

Cordy did have chemistry with others, though I don't personally think Groo was one of them. Talk about stilted dialogue! Her scenes with Groo were so blatant and badly written (for the most part) that to me even if there had been chemistry, it was fizzled by the dialogue. I never thought Cordy had chemistry with Wes (even back on BTVS), but I did think she had some with Xander. Needless to say, I thought her scenes with Connor were the very definition of anti-chemistry. She did have good chemistry with Giles, though, and some with Gunn as well.

I have always disliked B/A, and never saw much chemistry there. Angel had more chemistry with Faith, and even with Drusilla in a warped way.

I didn't think Fred had chemistry with anyone. And I didn't think Willow had chemistry with anyone other than Oz, and perhaps Buffy.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 02:00 PM   #26
Prima
I have no idea...

Quote:
I’m not a fan, honest to god. 100% C/A...
...and I really like shopping at Mos EisleyWalmart. Really!

ETA: What Platy said.™

Old 08-02-2004, 02:01 PM   #27
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prima
Hee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychofilly
I thought the dance of attraction in WITW and the kiss in YW were ded sexy.
Psshyeah. That dance was perfect- you can't force that.

And in WitW and Awakening, maybe it was just me, but I liked the awkwardness of the kisses and whatnot. Their lips weren't in sync and they fumbled with the mouth and the hands- it was real. You don't make love to someone and it's perfect, it's a comedy of errors. CC and DB made making out real, and those smothering gazes DB gave CC? Wowza.

Nicky B. had more chemistry with EC than CC, if only because, by the two's admissions, it was like kissing their sibling.

ED had a LOT of chemistry with NB in a twisted way.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 02:01 PM   #28
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

You know, I didn't really think of B/A as hot...although that could have been more about where my head was at that time than them. I thought they were darned romantic though, and all those declarations they made about feeling like they wanted to die, etc., got to me pretty good at the time. I sighed in all the right places. But the only time I thought they were "hot" was when Angel had to bite Buffy to survive. Now that was hot!

C/A, on the other hand, lots of hotness. I mean, WITW almost killed me. Of course, that could have been the pain meds, because I broke my ankle the day that episode aired. (Aw, the memories.) But you'd think that, if anything, the meds suppressed my reaction. Anyway, I was right there with my foot propped up, fanning myself. And I remember grinning a lot. That episode really lifted my spirits.

The kiss in YW was also hot. I melted, and felt some tinglings. The feeling would have probably lasted for days if not for the revelation of Cordy's death, and the hour of weeping that followed. I mean, that kiss. Just thinking about it makes me want to do a Catwoman impersonation. Rrrrrrahhhr! (Or something like that.)

Last edited by Dannyblue; 08-02-2004 at 02:06 PM.
Dannyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 02:03 PM   #29
CAMartin
Oh! A bird!

You can't neccesarily blame CC for being a little apprehensive of kissing on camera. I mean, at least for some kisses (this may not include DB/CC since they had hardly any) they have to do it at an angle.

Sad, but true. I've watched some behind the scenes of some shows where the actors admit that it's kind of crazy to be trying to kiss someone while you have to do it at an angle and make sure the light is just right so you can see them.

But again, this may not apply to them as it doesn't apply to every show.

Sadly, as much as I liked Willow/Oz as a couple in general, they didn't have much chemistry with each other.

Also, CC/AD. But we all know that it was implied that they didn't. Heh.

ETA: It's probably right in front of my face, but LaLa? I watched Kill Bill Vol. 1 the other day and I'd love to get my hands on some good avi's. Yours is lovely, you know where there are more?

Last edited by CAMartin; 08-02-2004 at 02:08 PM.
CAMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 02:05 PM   #30
AngelsChilde
Shoot the Moon

Platy, I luuuurve your icon!
AngelsChilde is offline   Reply With Quote