Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2004, 04:02 PM   #1
Emmangel
Administrator

The Official Miss Match "Back to School" Discussion Thread

Well, it's on now, shall be back soon with comments and stuff.
Old 06-02-2004, 04:15 PM   #2
Emmangel
Administrator

Okay, I'm typing this up quick during the adverts, so it's a little rushed.

PART ONE:
Charisma is on, looking lovely, wearing a sliver corsety type top and black skirt, all very shiny. Tis lovely.

They're at the school reunion and Serena shows up while Kate is talking to a guy she used to like back at school with her signature cry of 'Katie!', and much to Kates horror has brought Jerry as her date. After Kate gets over her shock and horror of this, Serena drags Kate off to dance with her and Jerry.

While dancing Kate says goodbye to one of her friends who is getting married, while Serena and Jerry dismiss the 'true love' deal Kate thinks her friend has with the guy shes seeing. While Kate thinks it's sweet, the other two just think he's in it for a green card (he's French), they're being very cynical about it all. lol

PART TWO:
Okay, can I just say how great CC looks in this ep?!

Okay, next day, Jerry is talking to Kate about Serena, about how he suddenly feels old around her. He didn't realise before, until he saw her at the party. He said there was a lot of hugging and squeeling. lol He says he my need to start phasing her out.

Just then Serena comes into the office, and Jerry goes to hide, asking Kate to get rid of her. CC is in a grey denim top and skirt, hair tied back and looking lovely. She reminded me very much of Buffy season three Cordy. She looked so young. It's sickening.

Anyway, she talks to Kate and asks her to return the watch Jerry left at hers, then goes on to talk about how wonderful Jerry is, and how he's everything she's ever wanted in a man, ended with how she’s in love with him. Much to Kates shock.

Oh, also, the guy Kate liked in high school? Looks like a cross between Brad Pitt and Michael Vartan. It’s actually quite disturbing.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:16 PM   #3
Kika
An Endless Repetition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmangel
Okay, can I just say how great CC looks in this ep?!
She really did look lovely. As did Alicia, I have to say. I really thought she had some pretty clothes, especially the black dress which she wore to the school reunion. I think I may have spent a little too much time admiring what they were wearing *g*
Kika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 05:18 PM   #4
angelslady

CC, was fab in this ep felt a bit sorry for serena towards the end
i think she realised that Jerry didn,t feel the same way about her,
especially when she asked him if he loved her, and he said he was
fond of her, loved the outfit she wore at the dinner party, cc was
stunning throughout.

Was this last episode of miss match?
angelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 05:22 PM   #5
Jezza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmangel
Okay, can I just say how great CC looks in this ep?!... She reminded me very much of Buffy season three Cordy. She looked so young. It's sickening.
Seconded. She looked adorable -- the best she's looked in Miss Match and, as Emma says, outrageously young. Her wardrobe seems better in this ep -- I had the feeling in the earlier eps that all the other female characters had to look a little more dowdy than AS (who I also think is adorable, btw.) And I love the way that, towards the end of the ep, Serena is starting to show some depth and pathos -- she really likes Jerry, and he's trying to drop her. Poor Serena. But she's not giving up! I'll let Emma recap the rest, as I'm sure she can do it better than me. (Tragically, this seems to be the last episode Living is showing -- they trailed America's Top Model for next week. Are these all the episodes that were made? What a shame, I was starting to really like this show!).
"Charisma's return for this celebratory tale lifts David Fury's script and direction to something close to awesome. Queen C dominates the episode as as only yummy mummy Charisma can." BBCi on Your Welcome

"Don't shoot until you see the whites of their sepulchres." Kenneth Tynan
Jezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 05:33 PM   #6
CAMartin
Oh! A bird!

Sounds like a great episode. Wish I coulda seen it.

From what I've read, I cannot wait till the screen caps come out. I'd love to see just how gorgeous CC is, even though it's a predictable thing to assume.
CAMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 05:35 PM   #7
Kika
An Endless Repetition

I also did feel a bit sorry for Serena when she mentioned to Kate she thought she was in love with Jerry, only for him to attempt to offload her around the same time. Even if I didn't think they'd last all that long, the ending did make it look like there was some hope for them, however small.

Shame we'll never find out now what the show had planned for them - I would have loved another appearance by Charisma. She really did make the show a lot more enjoyable.
Kika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 06:14 PM   #8
Luna
The heart never dies

Quote:
From what I've read, I cannot wait till the screen caps come out. I'd love to see just how gorgeous CC is, even though it's a predictable thing to assume.
I also couldn´t see the ep in Germany, I wish I could have.
So I´m looking forward to the screencaps and I think it´s pity that the show is over.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:33 PM   #9
v120176

Wich number of episode was? The ones that have Fox Latina have the lucky of seeing the new episodes of Miss Match (the ones that didn't aired in USA)
This week we have hte prostitute one. Does anybody knows how much we have to wait until the 3rd CC's episode?
Thanks for the info
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 06:40 PM   #10
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezza
I'll let Emma recap the rest, as I'm sure she can do it better than me.
Emma's sleepy, so 'fraid it'll have to wait till the 'morrow.

However, if caps haven't come out by then, I'll do some and perhaps some quotes too.
Old 06-03-2004, 04:59 AM   #11
Sugar Bliss
Good Advice Giver

When Serena brought in the watch she explained to Kate that Jerry had left it in her bedroom and the cleaning people were coming that day, she didn't want to be held responsible for it vanishing as cleaning people: "They like shiny things."

The way she said it just about killed me.

The vunerable side of Serena is very much back in this ep, she really does care for Jerry and seeing him hugging his ex-wife probably hurt but she doesn't make a fuss. The most he can give her is he's "fond" of her, but she tells him that's a good start.

I liked the reunion outfit best, and it was so cute to see Charisma dancing again, and the nose suggles with Jerry if front of Kate and Highschool guy, those were hilarious as well as adorable. That's the same Highschool guy that Kate was still caught up on after he left with Serena at a dance 10 years prior instead of her; basically he admitted he used Serena as a way out, so he wouldn't have to have a relationship with Kate. He's too dedicated to his truly craptacular screenplay that has everyone bored out of their minds at the dinner party.

Serena did Kate a favour.
Team Cordy™ #8

"For I am Satan" - Kath, MSN, 28th July, 2002

me, myself, and I

Sugar Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 12:16 PM   #12
Darla
I'm just visiting...

Thanks for the recap so far, Emma. It sounds like a nice episode. Can't wait to see it sometime.
Darla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 07:39 PM   #13
KeyserSoze
local god

Ugh, if they don't release S1 on dvd here in the US I will sob like a wee toddler.
KeyserSoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 09:18 PM   #14
Luna
The heart never dies

I hope Miss Match will be aired in Germany anytime, but I haven´t heard something like that yet.
Old 06-05-2004, 08:36 AM   #15
shar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Bliss

I liked the reunion outfit best

I agree with everyone the reunioin outfit was stunning on her.

I think i'm getting greedy though cause i was really disappointed with how little CC was in the episode.

What she was in was very enjoyable i think it would have been interesting to see how they developed the character because you were seeing her vulnerability over Jerry when he said he was just fond of her and she kinda sighed and said it was something. But you still had snarky Serena over her cleaners and 'They like shiny things'.