Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2004, 03:47 PM   #1
Platypus
The Pointy End

TV Gal Column (100th Ep and General AtS Discussion)

As promised in recent columns, Amy expresses some concerns about the current state of the show here.

Quotage:

Quote:
Last week, I told you how much I loved the 100th episode of "Angel." Since I didn't want to ruin the big surprise, I refrained from talking about the ending. Now that you've seen the episode, let me share my three concerns:

Why get rid of Lindsey so quickly? This was one of the best plot twists/shockers ever. Why wrap it up in three episodes? I'm not crying over Eve's departure, but I would have liked Lindsey and his nefarious plans to stick around for awhile. Let's hope the senior partners let him live. Plus shouldn't we all have the chance to hear Christian Kane sing again.

Why kill off Cordelia? Sure her death packed a dramatic punch but with the Scooby gang scattered throughout the world, couldn't she have hooked up with Xander in Africa? He probably could have used the company. I'm clinging to the hope that even if you're dead, that doesn't necessarily mean you can't from time to time appear in a Joss Whedon show. Being dead never stopped Darla or Lilah from stopping by.

The bigger problem with Cordelia's permanent absence is that the show is seriously in need of a strong female character. Obviously, Eve didn't work out. Harmony is great, but she's really more for comic relief. And Fred is a fine character, but let's all be honest, she's no Cordelia. Last week's episode proved how wonderful the show is when Cordelia (the real Cordy) is around.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 03:59 PM   #2
Fatima
Our Girl

Quote:
And Fred is a fine character, but let's all be honest, she's no Cordelia. Last week's episode proved how wonderful the show is when Cordelia (the real Cordy) is around.
You see, we see it why can't they see it?

Thanks for the link Platy.
Charisma's Bitch #9
Team Cordy™ Member #55
So Hard Gal #55 Supreme ruler
Nothing pains some people more than having to think.
~Martin Luther King Jr~
Fatima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 04:07 PM   #3
KarKar

Doesn't this girl get the spoilers? And I love her distaste of Eve. Called her right off the bat.

Also, thanks for pointing out the Darla-Lilah double standard. if even the tv critics are picking up on this, how can it not be obvious to ME?
Old 02-09-2004, 08:00 PM   #4
argel
beloved cordelia

Quote:
Originally posted by KarKar
if even the tv critics are picking up on this, how can it not be obvious to ME?
I think what this amounts to is that it is obvious to ME, but they're conveniently ignoring it in order to save face. And when I say 'they', I really mean Joss. It seems like he's doing everything he can to avoid admiting the existence of or discussing the elephant in the corner.

Props to TV Gal for being an intelligent person. Thanks for posting the link, Platy.

***argel***
Team Cordy™ #17
Charisma's Bitch #17
The Place of Blue

Not a Color, But a State of Mind

Lisa: Wait, Xena can't fly!
Lucy Lawless: I told you, I'm not Xena. I'm Lucy Lawless!
Lisa: Oh.
argel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 10:15 PM   #5
Jade C.
Because I said so...

What are the chances of Joss and ME every seeing any of this? Articles, TV reviews, things like TV Gal's columns?

I mean seriously, do you think he has people reading up on this kind of stuff? He seems to be quite in touch with the happenings of Firefly (his cancelled show).

Do you think he's blindly ignoring the press, living in his own world not reading up on Angel?

Or

Is he laughing maniacally about the "stupidity" of the fans and critics, because he is God and he'll give us what he thinks we need?

Jade C. *I may have answered my own questions*

Edited to say argel already answered my question, it just took that long for my brain to process what I'd read.
Team Cordy™ Member #51: We'll Try Being Nicer If You'll Try Being Smarter.
Jade C. is offline   Reply With Quote