Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2004, 11:53 AM   #31
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

Quote:
Originally posted by LaLa247
Seriously, am I the only one jazzed over the possibility of Charisma as Wonder Woman or in a Quentin Tarantino flick? Tarantino means covers of Premiere, Entertainment Weekly, Maxim Movies, Rolling Stone, and Movieline. BIG exposure comes with Quentin.
Of course it would be fantastic, but that's if it *happens*. She may have it on the mind but who's to say he even knows? I think some campaigning is in order...

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 02:00 PM   #32
David Falkayn
Do you like my new 'do?

Quote:

Seriously, am I the only one jazzed over the possibility of Charisma as Wonder Woman or in a Quentin Tarantino flick? Tarantino means covers of Premiere, Entertainment Weekly, Maxim Movies, Rolling Stone, and Movieline. BIG exposure comes with Quentin.
Nope...I can definitely get behind CC as Wonder Woman or in a Tarantino flick--Uma...Lucy...Darryl...Charisma--I'm there

BTW, Tarantino also means possible Oscar consideration...we're talking BIG TIME here...
David Falkayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 03:37 PM   #33
Ignited
some kind of a deviant

I knew you would be happy reading this interview, Lara! I'm also excited over the possibility of CC starring in a Wonder Woman or Tarantino film. I adore Quentin's work, and he does get a lot of notice. Plus, yeah, Oscar-y and awards notice. (Uma! Uma and Charisma?! Gah! Overload!)

Quote:
Off topic, but the "Superman" people want Johnny Depp as Lex Luthor (sit DOWN, Stef) and....

Beyonce as Lois Lane.
You think I'm excited over that? Hell no. Johnny as Luthor would be disturbing and a waste of his time. But anyway, on another site I frequent, one of his assistants said he hasn't even been approached about it. He knows nothing about the offer, nor would he say yes if given it. After PotC, LOTS of offers are coming in. Including complete random ones.

They just want to get the 'big name' stars of the moment in the film. Or at least bring attention to it so people can see it isn't dead.
Old 02-05-2004, 05:16 PM   #34
Bibliophile

Of all the names tossed around to be Wonder Woman, CC is the only actress (aside from Lucy Lawless who's already turned the project down) that I can actually picture in the role. It just seems like a natural fit. But what really makes me happy is that it seems CC is also looking at movies. We've heard a lot about her wanting a half-hour sitcom, which is understandable, but sitcoms have been really hit or miss in recent years, so it's good to hear she's keeping her options open. I can easily see her crafting her career the way actresses like Jennifer Aniston have and making movies while on hiatus from a sitcom. She seems to have a good ear for parts so hopefully she'll pick better movies than JA has in past years.
Old 02-05-2004, 05:42 PM   #35
Syn
insane clown girl

*squeals like a beast* CC as Wonder Woman! YES!!

Let's make it happen people. We have one coming to us, cosmically and all.
Old 02-06-2004, 12:21 AM   #36
fielding

Quote:
Originally posted by David Falkayn
BTW, Tarantino also means possible Oscar consideration...we're talking BIG TIME here...
It does? Which of his films, apart from Pulp Fiction, have received Oscar nominations or have greatly enhanced their cast members' careers?
fielding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 12:42 AM   #37
Cordy Chase
At last...

I really don't like Tarantino, but it would be awesome to see her as Wonder Woman! She could totally do that!

I've been trying to think who could do that since it came up, and somehow Charisma never even crossed my mind. But she would be perfect, and I think the guys would like it, too.

Cassie

"Maybe he just needs to get out of the house, and since I'm currently one of the women sitting home thinking, 'If I could only find a man like Aragorn', he picked me." - Lorelai
Cordy Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 12:52 AM   #38
Silly Gilly
RamRod

Quote:
Originally posted by fielding
It does? Which of his films, apart from Pulp Fiction, have received Oscar nominations or have greatly enhanced their cast members' careers?
Robert Forster for Jackie Brown Best Supporting Actor nomination. He was hip in the late sixties, had a dry spell, came back with Jackie Brown and has worked steadily ever since.
Silly Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 01:31 AM   #39
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Does it matter if they got an Oscar nomination or not? If the movie sells and you get exposure, that's all that matters. Kill Bill isn't an Oscar movie, but that didn't stop it from making big money and getting Uma Thurman on the cover of countless magazines after a five-year absence from film.

John Travolta got a HUGE revival after playing Vincent Vega. Pam Grier was also in the spotlight after Jackie Brown.

But, if you must know, nearly all the actors in his films have gotten Oscar, Golden Globe, or Screen Actors Guild nods.

Tarantino will do Charisma's career good if he "discovers" her. There's always a big deal with Tarantino.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.

Last edited by LaLa247; 02-06-2004 at 01:33 AM.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 04:40 AM   #40
Rachelle

Re: TV Guide online CC interview "Why Angel Lacks Charisma"

Quote:
Originally posted by Nirvana 1
Found this- http://www.tvguide.com/news/insider/

TVGO: Could you still come back?
Carpenter: Whatever happens after this, I'm open. But it's just best this story be [resolved] now. Otherwise, it's a disservice to the fans of our show. They pay attention, if you haven't noticed, and they're really rather fanatical about getting the full, complete story. They care about the story lines. The Connor/Cordelia thing was, like, major upheaval. They didn't like it and so they responded!

TVGO: It's great that they care enough to watch and complain.
Carpenter: Yeah, my fans are amazing. I didn't even realize that I had such a big following until I left. Whatever it took to discover that, I'm very lucky.
Freaking right we responded!!! This girl is sooo kewl and she may be open in the future *crosses fingers*!

I hope she gets a sitcom so she can spend more time with her family, and she knows we'll be watching
"I will stay on Buffy if, and only if, Buffy stays on the WB. And you know what? Print that. My bosses are going to kill me, but print that. I want them to know... The WB has been so supportive, such a great network over the past four years. It feels like home. I don't want the show to move, because I feel that we belong on the WB. It's where our fans are. If Buffy leaves the WB, I'm out." -Sarah Michelle Geller. ** Does anyone have a time machine?
Rachelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 06:20 AM   #41
fielding

Quote:
Kill Bill isn't an Oscar movie, but that didn't stop it from making big money and getting Uma Thurman on the cover of countless magazines after a five-year absence from film.
You're right there. I'll be happy if I never see her face on the cover of a magazine again.

I like the idea of Charisma as Wonder Woman. There's something exotic about her features which would fit with the character's origin. She would make a brilliant Lois Lane, too.
fielding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 10:32 AM   #42
David Falkayn
Do you like my new 'do?

Quote:
Besides the names others have already mentioned, Bruce Willis got a boost to his second...or was it his third...comeback thanks to Pulp Fiction.

Pulp Fiction also didn't hurt Samuel L. Jackson's career.
David Falkayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 10:59 AM   #43
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally posted by David Falkayn
Pulp Fiction also didn't hurt Samuel L. Jackson's career.
Nor John Travolta's at that time non-career.
Old 02-06-2004, 11:25 AM   #44
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
You're right there. I'll be happy if I never see her face on the cover of a magazine again.
Well, you're one person out of the millions on this earth.

From the number of magazines with her face on the cover that have been sold, I would say a lot of people disagree with you.
Charisma's Bitch #1

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:12 PM   #45
LaLa247
Wooo!

*bump*

Quote:
Originally posted by Syn
*squeals like a beast* CC as Wonder Woman! YES!!
I can dig it. Added plus, Lynda Carter making a cameo...

Quote:
Let's make it happen people. We have one coming to us, cosmically and all.
Ooooh, the Powers that Be owe us BIG TIME.

I think it'll be a good idea to go to the message boards of the major movie studios (if they have one) and ask innocently about Wonder Woman, and mention Charisma's name a couple of times.

It also wouldn't hurt to drop by Quentin Tarantino's production site (which also houses Tim Burton, John Woo, McG, John Landis, Steve Buscemi and Robert Rodriquez), or for the really intense, his contact info just to mention that a certain bad-ass actress is inspired by his film...

ETA: If Tarantino's not possible, I would love to see her in a Robert Rodiquez film.
Charisma's Bitch #1

Last edited by LaLa247; 02-06-2004 at 03:17 PM.