Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2004, 09:16 PM   #31
mazz

ppl i have to see it now, somebody start uploading it on kAZAA or else i will not make it through the day. help me please
mazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:17 PM   #32
canadia

I have never been so much in love with Charisma Carpenter or Cordelia Chase.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:17 PM   #33
LaLa247
Wooo!

That last scene was painful. Just...painful.

And the tears are coming. SHIT.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:18 PM   #34
Chelle

I only decided to watch about thirty seconds before it began and I am so glad I did. I don't know if it was because I have missed seeing CC play Cordelia for so long, but I loved this episode. Granted, I haven't watched since the second of the season and won't watch the rest of them, but I was really surprised at how much I loved this. CC was fantastic, classic Cordy. I loved the Doyle tribute, the way she identified with him because of her own sacrifice. Her scenes with Angel and Wes were great, made me long for the old days. And Eve getting put in her place by Cordelia was wonderful.

I liked the way they hinted at her death in the first few moments of the epi by her closing the curtain before they could see. And I didn't get too bothered by the lack of time she spent with the others. It worked better with just Angel and Wes.

So we don't get a C/A big happy ending. I accepted that last year, but I got to see Cordelia get her hero moment tonight, at least as much of one as JW will give her. I enjoyed it, and to me tonight was the finale. She and Doyle will go down as my two favorite characters in a show I used to like.
Chelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:18 PM   #35
Bullocks
holding onto hope

Quote:
Originally posted by Marcy
This is my second post in like 5 minutes.
I needed to get some more stuff out.
The episode was really brilliant. It made remember why I fell in love with the show in the first place, but unfortunately this is the first episode of the season I watched and the last.
Cordelia was so amazing and that last scene was so heartwrenching, I havent cried like that in a long time.
I felt so angry and then so sad and now I feel calm. Is this closure? Is this what it feels like?
I'll always love Cordelia and damn Im glad we got one last episode for the road with her and Angel and their wonderfulness.
I was tempted to watch the ep next week, and I probably will--but damn, the realization that Cordy's dead has just left me kind of empty. Before there was something to hang on for atleast, but now she's just gone. You aren't waiting for anything anymore. And I loved Angel in this episode, I loved Spike--I just don't know. I think now this show will be about whether or not I have the time to see it. Then I will tune in.

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that had all those people on it. Damn." --Joss Whedon
He left us a legacy. To give others less fortunate than we are a chance to turn our lives around. Now I want him to have that chance.-Legacy, gone but not forgotten
Connor Fan #129
Darla Fan #025
Van/Hitomi/Allen Fan
DS9 Fan
Frillie Fan
Kagome/Inuyasha Fan
Sesshoumaru/Kagura Fan
Bullocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:19 PM   #36
DamnSkippy

For me this works. I can watch everything up through S3, most of S4 and then watch this ep and Angel, the series, is over. It really could end with this ep. Angel finds his mission again, Spike knows he's been a fool, the FG have had a wake up call, Cordy has made her peace with the guys she started out with, Angel, Doyle and Wes, and C/A had their moment. I would have preferred a desperate howl of rage from Angel and dropping to his knees when he found out Cordy was dead, but at least we got teary eyes instead of something resembling constipation. I think this will help me let this puppy go now.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:19 PM   #37
Princess Cordelia
A/C...It's just Fate

this is like my second post in 10 minutes, all i have to say is I AM trying to hold back the tears I CAN'T! IT's too hard they are so soulmates!

Joss can suck my toe, oh wait I don't want "DUMBASS" germs...
Princess Cordelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:20 PM   #38
Prima
I have no idea...

I didn't watch the whole thing but what I saw was rather a mixed bag.

The "Damn those bastards at ME for making me weep like a fuckin' babe" aspects:

Cordy and Angel watching the Doyle tape.

The conversation about Angel's "journey" and the road ahead.

The final scene where Angel turns around and Cordelia isn't there...and the final whispered "Thank You". Heartwrenching.

The bad:

What the HELL have they done to Lindsay? I don't care how hot the man is, if you're gonna FUBAR the character...then you should never have brought him back.

(aside: I have my suspicions as to what's going on but I'll leave that to a spec thread.

Do we still have one of those?)

...and don't even get me started on Gunn.

I wish I had something charitable to say but ST sure underwhelms as much as she did on Boston Public, doesn't she?

And so as Cordy goes once again, so goes my viewership.

Thank you, Charisma Carpenter!

"...speculating on the sadomasochistic dominance games of the White House staff is always more interesting and topical than shipper wars." --Cordy's Bitch

"OMG GOD HATES ME BECAUSE HE DIDN'T MAKE JESUS/PETER CANON! I'M QUITTING THIS FANDOM, AND I AM TOTALLY NOT FINISHING REVELATIONS!" --latara
Prima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:20 PM   #39
lex

I love that Doyle was acknowledged and had a special mention in this episode. I agree with Chelle, Doyle and Cordelia will go down as my favorite characters.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:22 PM   #40
JenM

I guess I'm weak because I ended up watching the last ten minutes when I made up my mind to tape it and watch at a later time.

I cried at the end even though I knew what was coming. I cried like I lost my best friend and I'm still crying as I'm typing this. That was so unbelievably sad.

On an up note: I loved how CC and DB played the last scene and I'm so glad that Angel was visibly emotional when he heard the news. I was so afraid that Joss would somehow cheapen that moment by making Angel act like it was no big deal that Cordy died.

JenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:23 PM   #41
silver dolphin
Awww

Awsome. Just plain awsome. Loved it. Teared up at the end. Speechless.

silver dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:24 PM   #42
LadyJubilee

Quote:
Originally posted by Platypus
And nice to see scatological humour (Lorne peeing himself)
I don't get it, how is peeing on himeself "scatological humor"....are you saying he pooed as well?

And on that note, how come his neck bleed if his heart is in his butt cheek?
LadyJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:25 PM   #43
Nirvana 1
Negative Creep

Quote:
Originally posted by Bullocks
THOSE BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA- I swear I was happy for about the entire episode, and then...dammit, I knew it, as soon as he said "That's impossible" Oh damn. I don't think I can do it...

but damn, next week's ep looks so freakin' sweet.....but dammit! *cries*
I was beyond spoiled, so I knew. I still am crying, though. I seriously have to say something that I have held back on for so long (considering that this is a C/A board, I figured it was a given and unecessary to say, but seeing them again brought it all back): WHY in Jesus/Allah/Buddha/Vishnu/the sun/etc's name do they think that Cordy/Angel wouldn't work? We have a beautiful GROWN UP thing here and aaaaaall they want is some stupid "hey, look at this slayer! She kills vampires! [i]He's[i] a vampire! Eventhough she was, oh, 16 DAMN YEARS OLD, she fell in loooooove with him and he fell in looooove with her! It is so forbidden! No, it isn't some stupid cliche' at all! Is is beautiful like that Shakspear where the 2 stupid kids kill themselves because they can't be together! Oh, the angst, the angst! Really, spit string B/A kisses are beautiful! It is so great! Everyone's twu wuv is the person they took to the prom! So what if they look like two blocks of ice together! How cool is it when somebody says 'when you kiss me, I want to die'?! Nothing can beat this thing that we have dragged out for, oh, about 8 FRIKIN' YEARS, now! Yeah, SMG may never show up but it is TWU WUV 4-EVA!!!111!!!liekOMG!"? I love seeing them together again. I don't understand how they can take that away. These two actualy have alot of passion. I guess some people just don't have an appreciation for passion, but rather a damn party line.

Anyhoo, CC was great. I loved it when Cordelia was telling off Eve (I screamed out "YEAH!" and pissed off my ma cause my step dad was going to sleep). I loved how she was calling Angel out on all of his bullshit. They should be the ones that walk off into the sunset together. Cordelia is a woman, not "cookie dough". I admit, I really don't like Angel as a character, but she his only redeeming quality. I have tried to keep it all down, but if there is one thing I will go to my grave not knowing is what the hell they are thinking.

I liked the ending. I was glad to see them kiss and it was great to see DB spark with somebody. While I am sad that she is gone (sad/pissed), it was beautiful. And honestly, I find myself worried if they decide to bring her back if only because I saw what they have been doing to Spike. I am quite torn when it comes to that.
Nirvana 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:28 PM   #44
starlet2367
glitterati

Ah, young grasshoppahs, welcome to Stranger Things as it used to be. Fifteen minutes after the show, and we've got a lit-up board and some hot topics in the epi thread.

:happysigh:

Okay, first, I'm just dying to make it over to the subtext thread to see if Kar has her list up yet. I drooled all night just thinking of how she'd recap it.

Second, I'm crying like a baby. I mean, the show wasn't flawless by any stretch (I'm sorry, but when did it become the WWF Wet T-Shirt Mud Fight b/t Harm and Eve?), but shiiiiiit. Angel and Cordy frickin' rocked.

Yes, you could tell from the moment she had that conversation with Wes about Lilah that she wasn't going to come back. I loved the way she played it so subtly, how she reveled in the way it was back in the day. She and Wes got some sublime moments--really, some of the best acting of the night. Her stuff with Angel was so emotional, I'm not sure it was really acting as much as it was *feeling* (GOD! Intense!), but with Wes.... Ah, I miss their dynamic, the way they play off of each other like a 40s comedy.

And the apology about Lilah. Oh, oh! The comment about Conner--how Harm cut her off just as Cordy was going to say, 'Your son." We got mythology! We got history! We got Doyle!

That's where I started crying. And the look on DB's face. Oh, crap, I bawled.

Um, when did vamps get the ability to fly like Spiderman? That fight with Lindsey was ludicrous. I much prefer the one in TSiLA in the crypt where they're raising Darla. Oh, yes. Some subtlety, please?

But wait! We got shirtless Lindsey! Shirtless, beat up, panting, sweating Lindsey! I'm a ho for that boy. When he said, "is this where my knees are supposed to go weak?" I yelled, "Yes! And while you're down there--" LOL

Still down with the Spike/Lindsey love. God, do they spark or what?

Loved that Fred got moved to the background; thought of last week's ep of Monk and the machine that solves crimes when she walked in during the first scene with...yeah...a machine that solves crimes. Lorne was genuinely funny tonight. (I have the sense of humor of a 14 year old boy, so the peeing comment had me in stitches.) Gunn didn't have enough to do. Cordy *so* needed a minute with him.

So, in terms of old-school Angel, I'd have to say that the ridiculous technology and stunts make the show look plastic. But, honey, the heart was back and beating strong, and you could feel it from California all the way to Tennessee.

And let's hear it for that kiss!

Kel
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:28 PM   #45
Jake

Very sad evening

Charisma was great. Really fantastic. But now what?

Other than her "be seeing you" - and what does that mean - what are we supposed to think? Higher power? Seems very much not. Not when she's taken the "off ramp." It seems that she 's just dead. Whedon variety of dead. But dead. And for what? She gave up everything she did in Birthday just to nudge Angel in the right direction? The Cordelia Chase I remember is a lot smarter than that, and her life was much, much more valuable. So the message appears to be "sacrifice everything to fight the good fight and . . . you'll have your life cut short with nothing to show for it and . . . you won't even be able to fight the good fight anymore." That's the message we're left with from the story of Cordelia Chase? No way. The show ended at the end of Season 3. Everything since is a hoax.

It was fantastic seeing Cordelia again. The show was well written, and touching. But viewed in the context of the larger picture, it was just wrong. I kinda wish she'd just said "no."
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote