Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2004, 10:08 PM   #16
LadyFireHorse
mmmmmmmm bathtime

One simple line says it all

"I AM lost without you"

yep....tell us something we don't know

"Be who you are, say what you think because those who mind don't matter and those who matter, don't mind..." Dr. Seuss
LadyFireHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:11 PM   #17
QueenC
All.About.Her...

*the obvious... "the man I fell in l..."
*the KISS
*the way he looks at her in the hospital... his eyes almost closed, like he's trying to convince himself it's real , and then the smile!
*the way he viciously protects Cordy from Spike... I love it when he gets protective of her. He's done it so many times...and each time it is a little indication of what she means to him!
*the way he didn't want her to go into the Chamber
*the way the two of them are always standing right next to each other in scenes. She's protective of her man with Eve... goes to stand right next to him! And at the end, when Eve is leaving, they are almost leaning against each other, they are so close!
*the way he said he was lost without her... awww my little heart!
*the way he said he always thinks about if they had met at the cliff... he answered so fast... he meant it!
*the way Cordy kept slipping in little affectionate names... "my guy", "georgeous", etc.
*"I always fall for the dumb ones..."
* " you helped me".. I don't think the significance of what she means to him was lost on him there
*the look between the two of them at the end... that whole scene, the way she cups his cheek, the way he doesn't want to let her go, and the look on his face at the end. He was in love with that woman and his heart just broke... he had her back and that meant everything to him... now he's lost again!

Loved it! (sorry, got carried away!)

Really, there are no two other people who can play a scene the way DB/CC do. The TV Guide article was right... you can tell they love playing off of each other, and the emotions were showing. I honestly think the two of them have more on-screen chemistry than he has with any other co-star. It's just something the two of them understand when they do a scene. Really, really great!

Lori

Charisma's Bitch #118
QueenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 11:14 PM   #18
KarKar

I wasn’t going to do this but hey, who’s a glutton for punishment? I’m also trying not to bring up every past Ats episode this reminds me of. Oh well, the last subtext thread but lor, I really hope not.

This also isn’t just my thread. Someone else add something!

I love how they point to his loosing the mission as the starting point for her awakening. Cuz he’s lost the mission w/o out. He’s lost his faith. It’s his words that are the trigger for her waking up. Wonder if she was above at the next plane already when she called in her marker while she was watching him exit? If she was aware of him enough to feel him slip away.

Or did she die when he quit? Was it a sign of his distance from the PTB that caused him to no longer need his seer resulting in her death?

BTW, was the Greenway a reference to Greenwalt and his departure? I dunno. He was hanging around the set I heard.

I wonder what would’ve happened though if she had caught him after he’d left W&H. If she’d helped him find a new mission in a different way.

And I’m hacked off at ME. They gave AB a spot in the opening credits, would it have killed them to pull out the shot of them looking at the PC from "Someone to Watch over Me?" Instead we get this ‘Special Guest Star.’

$%%^&@!^&$!!#@*(*!^$#@!@#%

I liked how Angel’s comments that "It's not that you guys aren't doing your jobs, it's that we shouldn't be doing these jobs in the first place. Or I shouldn't."

They’re shifting the focus of the story. This isn’t a fang gang episode. It’s about Angel and Cordelia saving him. The rest are window dressing. Parsley. I also like how it sounds like something out of her mouth.

When Gunn pointed out everybody got something out of the deal you immediately knew what Angel was thinking of in terms of his cost. Yes, he saved Connor but as far as the rest of the world was concerned, it was Cordy. She was his asking price. Something that’s reinforced with the timing of the phone call telling him about her awaking up.

Which makes me wonder, who made the phone call? Did the PTB just change what he heard?

And did AA hack off wardrobe? She’s hip deep in the fugly outfits.

What strikes me is that this is the reverse of the beige phase where Angel gave up on the mission. I think he knows that he’s not on his path and isn’t happy with it while the gang’s not ready to walk away from W&H. Problem is that he doesn’t know how to get back on the right pathway, hence Cordelia’s entrance.

I’m kind of surprised that Wes went with Angel to the hospital. I think they were deliberately drawing on that S1 dynamic of the smaller trio’s. Plus, they seem to really throw some C/W bones out in this episode as opposed to the failed C/G pairing and she barely shared the screen w/ Fred.

Again that just reinforces where the focus of the episode is, Angel/Cordelia.

I love her comment that " You'd think they'd give Miss One-Foot-In-The-Grave a private room." And that could they have put her in a room that "smelled a little less like ammonia soaked death?" Vintage Queen C having standards but also, I liked how they could show her snark and still be thoughtful.

And yes, Angel gets the first hug. I loved his face and the extra grip on her shoulder. Reminds me of "Heartthrob," that hug wasn’t the usual buddy-buddy hug. It marked a new stage between them.

*sigh* I was disappointed when he called her Cordy. I was hoping for "Cor," that intimate endearment that he’s used a few key times.

And that sad little "Yeah, it’s me." So many emotions in that one.

At least we know that Cordelia does remember it all, and she’s still a fighter. Not to mention forgiving for whacking her offspring. "Maternal instincts aside? I hope you kicked its ass for me." Girl knows her priorities and we’re reminded once again that Cordelia being raped and having a demon pregnancy is funny. No, I’m not rolling my eyes.

And the way she said "damn?" Rivals Will Smith in packing an entire conversation in that one word.

Did anyone else flash back to "Disharmony":

"New clothes! New clothes! I have new clothes!" I was kinda hoping for another new clothes dance. How great was CC in that one? It’s hard to screech and still be adorable. Not to mention her chemistry with DB in that one.

*sniff *

And notice how when they want to take her out of there, she assumes they’re going to the hotel, not her apartment. That’s still her emotional home for her. Where the heart is and all that.

I also liked how it was Angel calling the shots re: telling her about W&H. Wes doesn’t even question it when it comes to Cordelia.

I like how it’s Angel who reassures her in getting of the elevator. The way he eases to the side and extends his hand to her. Her lifeline. She looks to him for comfort, etc. He’s the (un)official caretaker in this episode, trying to set the tone for her recovery.

And BTW, I think I have one of those demons who lives off of the copier toner. Especially the color ones. Blue must be tasty.

And as Herc, and ten thousand (I’m assuming male) television critics declared, Cordy’s "a vision of hotliness." So good to see our gal in form. The décolleté is amazing. And is that drool on Angel’s lapel?

Gawd, I missed her. That expression over Gunn being born bald, that growl at Angel over Harmony trying to kill her last time and now she’s working for him. And she’s not dust.

I like how he also takes her to his office. The inner sanctum and her refuge I’m thinking in his mind. Kind of surprised he doesn’t take her straight to his penthouse but he knows her. Knows that he has to help her ease into his role at W&H.

Again, I do think it’s interesting that the Fang Gang wait at the office to meet her. True, Fred would be much for most people recovering from coma’s but still, you’d think they’d all have gone to the hospital. I’m wondering how much they knew about Jasmine’s birth. They knew her but not the evil spawn.

Not sure I buy her not knowing Colin Farrell but I’ll give them some benefit of the doubt.

And did anyone else get some weird vibes off of Harmony’s reception? I know she’s still a sheep but even she should have enough sense. Plus, I got some jealous vibes off of Angel having a blonde secretary. On him having a non-Cordelia secretary.

*flashbacks of all the sex-on-a-desk fanfic’s.*

Check out that look she gave him. Like he should know better given Harm’s last exit. Ha! She’s called him on the rug big time. I love how she can do that with a lift of an eyebrow.

Again, it’s Angel who’s her caretaker, setting the limits on the excitement. I love how the others respect that and leave them alone in the inner sanctum.

I love how even after all these months, well years, she still knows him and when he’s fooling himself. I love her directness with him that he’s not able to save himself. Explicitly ties her waking with his problems. Although we also know that their bond extends to her death. *sob!*

And I love Angel’s bluster when he tries to snow her over W&H. I love how you can tell his insincerity when faced with her.

Also, her vision reinforces that she is still bonded to him and vice versa. She still has the visions for HIM. Not Spike, Angelus or any of the other folks. Geez, remember "Somnambulist?" That sweet scene on the rooftop?

I love how she still rips him up w/ the lunkhead comment. She’s direct, up front and he still gets spun around by her.

And finally we get a decent catfight. I love how Cordelia didn’t bother to ask who Eve was but immediately smelt the heat off her competition. Eve looked convincingly cowed. This isn’t Fred in a bad skirt, this is Queen C, who eats ice queens for breakfast.

I love the way Cordy immediately stood even closer to her man. But then Cordelia always did have an extra sense when it came to women and Angel. Not like her sense about Wes or Gunn and women worked but it’s different when it’s Angel. Course it could just be a matter of her interest focusing it.

Can I just say that no one acts with a single eyebrow like CC? Also the way she cuts off people. That’s the dynamic and variety in speed that the show’s been missing. And if I were her I would’ve hit Eve about her outfit. Looks like some slut outfit from Paris in the 50’s. All she needs is a bad beret and a cigarette.

And is anyone else hacked off that if Angel discussed Cordelia all the time that they didn’t show it? No, not just me? Ok.

Heh, Eve shows her desperation by mentioning the groinage. Deliberate attempt to bait her cuz she knows that Angel’s at stake here. Also cuz Eve recognizes the importance of Cordelia’s opinion to Angel.

Angel, of course being an idiot, mentions that it was while they were under the influence. But it was unlike "WITW," where there was an emotional basis to them. One that should have been carried out but that’s just our opinion. Apparently it doesn’t count.

Cordelia didn’t even seem that upset relatively. More disgusted by Angel touching that than any emotional involvement with Eve. But I loved that "give me a break" look she gave him.

I loved how they could have subtext even when they weren’t looking at each other. Their chemistry was that strong. And CC’s that good.

I did like how Cordy’s the one who calls a spade a spade. Makes Angel consider what’s going on. And of course, her descriptions are dead on as the little devil shows up with his horns. Reminds me of "Billy." How he made a deal with evil for the sake of someone he loved. But even then, she worried about the price being too high. And who said she wasn’t consistent or a hero? Or mature for heaven’s sake.

And did anyone else love how whipped that boy still is? She doesn’t even have to say anything and he knows he screwed up.

Of course, that’s not hard with CC’s physical acting. She’s always been great at that. That little turn on her heel was perfect with the little embellishing huff.

And how sad is it that in addition to his "Billy Idol" 80’s look, even Spike’s video games are retroactively passe?

Not sure why Lindsey goes by Doyle these days or why idiot Spike doesn’t call him on it. But I guess the peroxide has affected his brain.

Did find the references to "To Shanshu in L.A." appropriate. Lindsey should’ve remembered the cost of crossing Angel, especially where Cordelia’s involved. I’m sure Lilah could’ve reminded him.

And too bad Angel doesn’t get to wear the weird tattoo’s too. Anyone remember those pic’s of DB? Wonder if anyone ever wrote a fanfic about that.

BTW, I think we need a fanfic or ten of Cordelia and Angel in the penthouse. The way he strips off his coat and his facade with her.

I love that he left her there, in his bed, not with Fred. And that she felt comfortable enough with him to sleep in the house of evil. And typical Cordy, she snopes. Remember "Eternity?" But unlike then, he’s more comfortable with her, doesn’t mind.

And is it me or did ME also use this to have closure with Doyle and Glenn Quinn? Although it was heartbreaking to watch the tape together. Not to mention her comments about having slept enough for a lifetime. Hint hint. Jab jab. Sob sob.

I like the significance of her reminding him of what Doyle had done, who they were in those days. And reminded me of all the C/A fic’s that came out of "Hero." Not to mention the mourning together on the bed scenes from S4 like in "Double or Nothing."

This scene really did break my heart. Her comments about "First soldier down" are poignant in retrospect of her death. Just as Doyle realized that the good fight was important. His time had come to make that call, now this was her time.

"But he knew, knew what he had to do. Didn't compromise. Used his last breath to make sure you'd keep fighting. I get that now." - Ok, that’s worth a couple of sobby POV stories right there.

I loved the way she looks straight ahead and at him w/o flinching. Accepting her decision and what was coming.

I like how they still show that Angel and Cordelia share things, even the shallow ones like the "all these expensive toys and penthouses with spectacular views and " all. Remember when she realized he liked seeing the check in "Warzone?"

I loved their interaction in this one. His deadpan statement that "I've been seduced." (Like we weren’t pal) The way she speeds through her diatribe calling him "pal." Classic C/A example of how well they complemented each other as characters and actors.

I miss their dialogues, her varying speed, tone, etc cemented by his quiet stoicism. The way she alterately leans over and arches her back.

I loved when Angel quietly tells her, "They don't remember him…. They gave Connor a life, a real family, a childhood. Something I could never give him. He's got no memories of us and nobody remembers him. Except me, and you. And Eve, for some reason." I love that disgusted little look down when mentioning Eve, how he resents her intrusion on this.

It demonstrates how he can tell her things he can’t discuss with anyone else, especially Eve. Also, reinforces that they have this bond. That they’re family in that not ConCord way.

Again, shades of "Billy" when she calls him on the carpet about his deal. Like how their friends got raped and for once it wasn’t here. No, I’m not bitter about that still He tries to make excuses that he was saving Connor and HER. Look at the way his tone goes up and he speeds up when he tries to spin W&H again. But that’s not going to cut it. She knows him better than he knows himself when he lies about everything being fine.

(Remember a couple hours ago when you quit? Idiot.)

She wonders why Angel thinks they gave her the vision that woke her. She reckons they know he's off track and they know that she’s the one to help get him back on it. Heck, if they wanted Buffy they just passed up a huge chance last week. I’m just pointing that out.

I’m not sure if this is supposed to underline his loss of faith or confidence but she’s there to remind him. I like how she’s also the one who’s the supposed champion. She knows a joke when she hears it.

And how horrible was it hearing him describing Spike in terms of the slogan she came up with back in the day? "Helping the Helpless." The way he lets himself whine over Spike as a champion.

Oh, and he crumbles like a cookie on the couch like a child or lost man.

That bit just kills me when Cordy figured he'd be lost without her but this isn't what she expected. He tells her he IS lost without her but she says he just forgot who he is. That quiet desperation in his voice when he asks her to remind him who he is. Oh gosh. *sob *

He asks her to remind him which she really is doing just by being there and being CORDELIA.

But even though she declines, telling him he has to do that for himself, she’s setting the ball in motion. It’s also an indication of her knowledge that she can’t stay and be that reminder for him. That he’s got to be able to do it w/o her even if it hurts.

But she knows him. She knows that he’s lost now but she remembers who he was. Like no one else, including Buffy, Spike or the others.

And how stupid is it when she describes him as "a guy who always fought his hardest for what was right, even when he couldn't remember why. Even when he was miserable which was, let's face it, a not small portion of the time. He did right and that gave him something. A light, a glimmer. And that's the guy I fell in l—"

Just heartbreaking on how she backed down when she said that, the way his head came up at the implication o fthe unfinished sentence.

BTW, I can see them continuing with her in this kind of role, that guardian angel taking him through the steps when he’s lost his way.

Same thing with when she asked him if he things about that night on the beach in "Tomorrow?" If he thinks about "what if’s" all the time, would it kill them to give us some indication of that?

Angel looks up at her, she stops herself. She takes a seat across from him, "That, um ... The guy I knew. I see him."

I thought it was kind of interesting when Cordy says there are no people like them. Perhaps implying that they’re the same. Not only that they’re not the kind that get second chances but that they aren’t the type with happy endings. Could be because they’re hero’s but I also think it’s an indication of Ats not going for that fairy tale or normal life like Buffy’s goal. They accepted the possibility of a dismal end years ago but they still fight.

I know that she’s gone but I think that this could at least be respectful, she’ll be his "Isolde" too his "Tristan." Unattainable but that pure chivalrous love. She’s the ideal on the pedestal.

And btw, can I just say that Lindsey rocks? Unlike Lilah, Linwood, and Eve, he gets off on the higher stakes. He’s willing to risk it all and not back down. However Eve is even dumber than I thought if she thinks she’s the center of Lindsey’s obsession.

Can you spell patsy?

And again, they throw us some C/W subtext for closure. I loved that they remembered them bickering over research. Also allows some Cordelia closure over Lilah. But again, how heartbreaking to hear Cordelia say that she won’t be kicking it "old school" again? Prime CC in the way she dismisses the research and switches gears from charming to poignant. That guilt was wonderful over Lilah.

And yeah, they gave CC some open shirts. Did they have to have the "rat" look down her shirt? Bet CC loved that. Kind of like the bikini scene in "Belonging" that was based on CC’s bad experience on "Babewatch."

Remember how Angel went off the wall over the director? I bet if he’d seen that scum puppy doing that he’d feed on his ‘nads. Oh wait, this is W&H, he’d feed him his own liver.

Well, at least we get Cordelia beating Spike at being snarky. Loved the hair comment and her soul being better. She didn’t win it in a stupid bet. "If I can eat this entire pizza, I get a free soul" I always get excited when they let her be snarky w/o being stupid.

Also loved the way Angel’s immediately there when Spike chomps her, cuz he’s apparently not letting her go farther than an arm’s reach.

CC was great adding to the Angel/Spike fight. Giving Spike the run for his money w/ the snotty come back’s. While I don’t necessarily want a S/A/C triangle, could you imagine how she’d actually add some sparks to the Angel/Spike interaction.

*sigh * Remember "Offspring?" Darla could’ve told Spike how far he’d get biting Cordelia. And we get vintage Angel protectiveness!!

Quote:
"Yeah, touch Cordelia again and get ready for a very last rematch."

"I see fangs? I'm gonna play dentist."
Ok, that’s worth watching if just for the visualization of Angel ripping off those fangs.

And how typical is it of Cordelia and Angel to think along the same lines and know what each other are thinking? Not to mention moving in on E!Eve without a word.

Heh he! Cordelia grabbing Even by the ear like a stupid dog or errant child. There’s going to be some screencaps of that one.

And is it me or did they use the same set from "Billy" minus the really cool wallpaper where Lindsey stabbed that demon in the back?

And how stupid again is Spike over Doyle? Idiot. If that’s a brain trust, someone’s been embezzling.

I love how we get classic Cordy a la "Billy" again. Threatening to put Eve in her place while recognizing good footware. With a snarky smile even. But check out her fire when Doyle’s name comes up. Kitten’s got claws.

Hey, did Angel put his hand on her back when he leaned over? They know how to tag team instantly, don’t they?

Look at the way she’s decisive about torturing Eve for info. The way she immediately looks for Angel to back her up on it. She’s ruthless when it comes to her family and frankly, it sounds more like intimidation than bamboo shoots. Especially when she knows that sheep Harmony will do whatever she suggests.

But did anyone else notice the "do you think I could?" look on Angel’s face over torturing her.

And I loved that look of shared memories over Lindsey. What Lindsey almost cost them. Or rather, what he almost cost Angel.

Note how Angel follows her lead by telling Harm to eat Eve if she tries to leave. Can I help you with a bib there Harm?

I love how Angel doesn’t want anyone he cares about to go with him to the basement but that means Spike’s ok. I also love how Cordelia’ not going to let him go alone. Reminds me of "Parting Gifts" when he didn’t want anyone going with him cuz he couldn’t stand loosing them. But he should know better, didn’t he learn anything after "Heartthrob?"

I wonder about that sword from the wall. Wonder if that’s hers, if he kept it as a reminder of her and the times they practiced together downstairs.

Charisma gets the best line tonight: "I know my rights and I want to see a lawyer."

I love how Angel goes first w/ the lasers, just in case he doesn’t want Cordelia to go first.

Interesting that Spike sent Cordelia and Angel on while he fights. Does he realize he’s not the hero now? Does he recognize the kyerumption of those two and they’re connection to each other in this?

I love the bit about Angel bringing a date. At least Lindsey’s honest about things. He calls them as he sees them. Like in Angel’s protectiveness of Cordelia when he yells at her to get out. Again, shades of "Heartthrob" and that subway scene.

But the guy looked up and down Cordelia, especially her boobs, in front of Angel. Brave man. Suicidal, but brave. Also shouldn’t have stood between Angel and Cordelia. Not smart.

I also like how they work together tossing the sword. Unfortunately they are out of practice cuz she didn’t read his mind like in "Double or Nothing" with the spike.

And yea, more sword/phallic size references. Haven’t had many of those since Groo took Angel’s favorite thick, long, broadsword. And Cordelia gave him a sword point (flaccid) down.

And what was w/ that nonverbal threat towards Cordelia when Lindsey was talking about being here with Angel?

They really are pulling up all the episode references they can. Maybe we should have a list of how each of the 100 episodes are references in this one. Like in "City of Angels" when Angel went after Russell in the boardroom. What Lindsey didn’t know at the time is that Angel wasn’t just avenging Tina, he was protecting Cordelia from the vamp. That was a defining moment for the series having Angel expanding his peripherals to more than himself. Caring about people and getting in touch with humanity. That humanizing effect. His link to the world.

And that reference to Nepal and selling stuff at the airport. Angel should know, again from "Heartthrob." Still say that that was Sri Lanka, not Nepal but apparently ME doesn’t study geography.

And how about those tattoo’s? Did that one on Lindsey’s chest remind anyone of Vocah w/ those curves at the bottom.

And is there now a mandatory urine joke every ep? Mature writing there guys. Really going for that highbrow humor.

I like how even Lindsey recognizes what Angel’s lost. "Look at you. From champion to pathetic, corporate puppet in just a few months. You used to have fire in your heart. " And that fire in your heart and in your life was named CORDY!!! Just in case we needed to clarify that.

And Cordy fumbling with the switches. As Gunn would say, she mastered in "mess." And yes, one of CC’s definitive comments? "Oh crap" a la "Belonging." Didn’t even get a chance to make fun of her "You ARE going to get it up!" and "Like that was so "hard" comments by taking them out of context. Oh well.

And how sad is it that this is the last time we’ll hear CC yell "Angel!" with that anguished, worried tone that we heard in "S1" when Spike was torturing him.

Now was I the only one who was reminded of Epiphany when Angel was beating up Cordelia? Great C/A episode in reclaiming their places in each others’ lives. I kinda wished Angel had smashed the other one this time.

And am I the only one who things Lindsey might get a promotion from the Senior Partners? They strike me as the kind who like initiative and ambition when it comes to the company. But we like Lindsey sans shirt.

Don’t like how they’re using Portals as the new deus ex machina now. Like it’s the new frickin’ white meat every other episode.

That scene with Eve really hit home at the CC/DB chemistry. I miss the way she looked up at him. She was one of the best supporting/background actors on either show.

I also loved the way they stood together, shoulder to shoulder facing Eve. Really demonstrates how Eve is just so flat, from her hair to her tone and expression compared to CC.

That last scene though just broke my heart in so many ways. Especially the way CC kept seesawing between determinedly upbeat to on the verge of tears. I think she finally slipped into tears as Charisma near the end.

Cordelia knows this is it so she sends the others ahead. Again, a little W/C bone as she compliments him. She knows it’s time to focus on them. On their last minutes together.

I’m kind of surprised though that Angel didn’t want some alone time anyway. Poor guy thought they had all the time in he world, didn’t he?

I love how he’s finally feeling good about himself now. But Lindsey’s not from Texas, he’s from Oklahoma. Kane is from Texas. Nice continuity gap guys. I loved the way he talked about feeling good. The next logical step was, "But I’d feel better if…"

Again, I love the way they have chemistry just sitting next to each other not looking at one another. Like in "Batchelor Party" at the end. And they’re easy teasing. Not awkward at all, very familiar.

I loved those references to being honest w/ each other. Reminds me of they’re commitment to being honest in "Eternity." I saw that the other day and just about died at that ending.

Was it cute or what when she said "Boy, I really do fall for the dumb ones. You know how you're always trying to save, oh, every single person in the world? Did it ever occur to you, you were one of them?"

He’s lost touch so badly he doesn’t even recognize it. She had to point out to him that he needed some help. But he turns around and makes it even weepier in that She saved him. *sob *

And that folks is the difference between B/A and C/A. Cordelia and Angel save each other, Buffy saves the world and sends him to hell. And then distrusts him even when he helps her and others.

I loved it when he already switched pronouns, Now thanks to her, he feels "like WE can beat it." She know that, she just needed him to know it too. She always had faith in him, even when he was beige she wasn’t ready to quite give up.

She knows that despite all of this she knows he'll win. That she has faith in him. She wishes she could be there to see it. Oh gosh, this is getting to me remembering that couch scene in "Judgement." When she said that she’d be there for him till the end.

But now she can’t stay. "This isn't me anymore. You can say good-bye to the gang for me, explain everything once you understand." Oh, that little pause in the middle of that sentence.

Angel says he never will, he needs her there. Like we didn’t know that and weren’t crying by now.

She asks him not to make it difficult, she's on a different road and this is her exit, "The Powers That Be owed me one and I didn't waste it. I got my guy back on track." Oh gosh, her guy. I just hate that she used her once chance. Not that she hasn’t done it once before, or twice, but who’s keeping count besides us?

And thank God we didn’t get a stupid metaphor like uncooked cookie dough. I can live with the off-ramp one.

And when she touches the side of his face and tells him they take what they can get and make the best of it? Unfortunately that applies to us too. We also got screwed and have to make due with this sob story.

But at least they give us some crumb, when talks about seeing him again. My vote is the series finale but I know how much my vote counts with Joss. (Trying not to be bitter)

And that kiss. Even the critics admit it’s sweet. BUT IT’S THE KISS GOODBYE DAMNIT!!! And the same music from the fantasy when they came together.

And yeah, that way she fussed w/ his collar and nuzzling afterwards, fighting off the inevitable.

Oh, that calm in her voice when she tells him he has to take that call. He doesn’t care, the world can wait as far as he’s concerned.

And that bit about saying you’re welcome? Killed me. Knew he was getting the news. Knew him so well and what he’d say when he turned around. Also reminded me of "Sense and Sensibility" when they talked about being in each other’s lives. Caring about each other.

And props to DB for that last scene. When he sees the empty office, the way they pull back to emphasis the empty space, great. He goes back to the call, his voice choked with emotion, "I'm sorry. Yeah ... When did she die? ... She never did wake up? ... I see." He hangs up the phone, his eyes misty, and looks toward where Cordy was standing as he offers, "Thank you."

Good lor, how many things can we ready into that last line? From the episode, from almost 8 years of Buffyverse, from the actor himself, etc.

And now it’s almost time for Big O and I’m going to get some dinner before I fall over. Any ramblings, typo’s and incomplete sentences are due to hunger.
Old 02-04-2004, 11:18 PM   #19
samluvsharrison
...or someone's in fun

It's like the good ole days. Fantastic (as always) break down, Kar.

A little thing I noticed, and probably unintentional, but when Cordelia was talking about Angel being seduced by the pretty things and sees the view and forgets what she was saying, it felt like such a call back to Provider when Angel is talking about how money isn't important, and sees the big suitcase o cash and forgets what he was saying.
Charisma's Bitch #3.6|Shiny Happy Person #3.14159265|Fred Fanatic #Pi|Team Cordy™ #135
samluvsharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 11:41 PM   #20
Silly Gilly
RamRod

She made sure his shirt and jacket looked nice one last time. She was his reflection.
Silly Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 11:45 PM   #21
Dimitri
Life is but a dream...

...Wow, Kar. That was the longest post I've ever seen in my life.
"Ever heard this story? There once was a tiger-striped cat. This cat...died a million deaths, revived and lived a million lives. And he was owned by various people who he didn't really care for. The cat wasn't afraid to die. Then one day, the cat became a stray cat, which meant he was free. He met a white female cat. And the two of them spent their days together happily. Well, years passed and the white cat grew weak and died of old age. The tiger-striped cat cried a million times and then he died, too. Except this time, he didn't come back to life."
-Spike
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 11:51 PM   #22
KarKar

Quote:
Originally posted by Dimitri
...Wow, Kar. That was the longest post I've ever seen in my life.
If you can't win with quality, knock 'em over with quantity.

Glad I impressed you.
Old 02-05-2004, 12:01 AM   #23
Dimitri
Life is but a dream...

Quote:
Originally posted by KarKar
Glad I impressed you.
I can't read through halfway. I feel too much like crying. And I refuse to cry! I have been betrayed, dammit! Must...stay...angry!

*sobs*
"Ever heard this story? There once was a tiger-striped cat. This cat...died a million deaths, revived and lived a million lives. And he was owned by various people who he didn't really care for. The cat wasn't afraid to die. Then one day, the cat became a stray cat, which meant he was free. He met a white female cat. And the two of them spent their days together happily. Well, years passed and the white cat grew weak and died of old age. The tiger-striped cat cried a million times and then he died, too. Except this time, he didn't come back to life."
-Spike
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 12:06 AM   #24
LaLa247
Wooo!

Thank you, Kar!
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 12:09 AM   #25
Rachelle

I have never, ever cried during an ep of Angel or Buffy. Ever.

My eyes are still red...
"I will stay on Buffy if, and only if, Buffy stays on the WB. And you know what? Print that. My bosses are going to kill me, but print that. I want them to know... The WB has been so supportive, such a great network over the past four years. It feels like home. I don't want the show to move, because I feel that we belong on the WB. It's where our fans are. If Buffy leaves the WB, I'm out." -Sarah Michelle Geller. ** Does anyone have a time machine?
Rachelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 12:18 AM   #26
Jade C.
Because I said so...

Ohh, just like the old days.

Thank you Kar...that post was exactly what I needed to read to calm myself down, to try to focus on all the positive things out of this ep.

Is that a record subtext post or what

Jade C.
Team Cordy™ Member #51: We'll Try Being Nicer If You'll Try Being Smarter.
Jade C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 12:19 AM   #27
Queen Of Tact
Because she's our Cordy!

Great post Kar....... Thanks for taking the time to post it....

I think My fav line of the night other then the whole ending when Cordy is talking before she leaves is when Cordy say's "I knew you be lost without me." and Angels says "I am lost without you"

Just thinking about it I think i'm going to cry again!!!

CC
Breathe your beauty into me

By Tara Maclean

Charisma's Bitche #5
Team Cordy #190
Queen Of Tact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 12:33 AM   #28
aikakone
SpunkyMisunderstoodGenius

Kar, I enjoyed every word you wrote. It makes me feel live I've actually watched the episode. I only wonder how long it took you to write that.

Anyway...

Quote:
Originally posted by Silly Gilly
She made sure his shirt and jacket looked nice one last time. She was his reflection.
This is such a wonderful observation. Wow! I just love the simple truth in that.
Wesley Brigadier #9
Team Cordy #245
What do you call a bunch of militant CC fans? A Charis-militia!
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 12:39 AM   #29
Cantinera
Miss StrangerThings 2003

Location: I don't know at the moment, so stop asking difficult questions.
Ahh, Kar, thanks.

Just like old times. I love it.

Last.fm: for the musically nosy.
Cantinera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 12:40 AM   #30
Syn
insane clown girl

I just had a Kar-induced orgasm. Thank you.