Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2004, 10:08 AM   #256
DamnSkippy

I always just assumed it was the next day. It starts with her trying to find something of Doyle's in the office, Angel says maybe she should take a few days off and she lights into him about trying to push her away. I would think if it had been a week or more, they both would've already taken a few days off, but he doesn't mention taking *more* time off. Even as stoic as both characters are, IMO, neither one wanted to be apart so they both went right back to work.

But, then later when she's talking to Barney the feel of the conversation makes me think it happened awhile ago. So I guess I really don't have a clue.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 11:54 PM   #257
rolandro

Quote:
Originally posted by tojoson
her smile after she found out doyle was half-demon, and then told him to ask her out to dinner.
Yep. Amazing. Cordy's smile was Charisma. Her smile kept her alive all through BtVS. It was her heart showing through.

Also, I loved how Cordy could eat like a horse. Her total exuberance when she tells Wes that after a night of fighting evil "We eat eggs!" I mean, look at her. She *Sells* that line. What's not to love?
rolandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 04:27 PM   #258
CAMartin
Oh! A bird!

Quote:
What's not to love?

Can't think of anything...And i don't think i want to.

I don't think anyone would be as good of a Cordy as Charisma, and i'm not just saying that.
CAMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 02:59 PM   #259
QueenC
All.About.Her...

Ok, Just saw Sanctuary and I know I'm beating an already dead and rotting horse so far into the ground it's gonna come out on the other side of the world, but DAMN, that should have been the end of the whole B/A fiasco. The last scene with Buffy and Angel was intense, adversarial, and it made sense , especially based on what was going on on both shows (not to mention once again making buffy out to be a whiny little "what about meeeee" baby!). I can understand the whole early Season 3 guilt, etc about Buffy's death, because that also made sense, but this whole retconned "I'm still in love with Buffy" crap whenever it's convenient is just assinine!

UGH!

Rant over

Lori

Charisma's Bitch #118
QueenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 01:45 AM   #260
Persephone

My oh my, I do love Eternity. I love it because it's such a great example of standalone done right -- it engages the triad as characters and no one could be in that ep except Angel, Wesley and Cordy. It's vitally important that they are Angel, Wes, and Cordy for the sake of the story. See, I groove on standalones like that. I also love how Eternity tricks you: it really isn't about Rebecca in the least, but you think you're getting into a Love Interest Of The Week Ep. Then, it all turns into something else entirely.

Nice stuff.
Persephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 09:45 PM   #261
tojoson

just found out something cool today:

in the episode 'carpe noctem' where angel and the old man exchange bodies, the guy who plays 'ryan' the orderly is 'my big fat obnoxious fiance'
Old 02-03-2004, 09:53 PM   #262
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally posted by Persephone
I also love how Eternity tricks you: it really isn't about Rebecca in the least, but you think you're getting into a Love Interest Of The Week Ep. Then, it all turns into something else entirely.
I particularly love the subtle contrast between Rebecca and Cordelia. Cordy out there, brassy and virtually talentless, mangling A Doll's House and looking like a shallow celebrity chaser; Rebecca, with her too-much-too-soon agony story and a vaguely troubled expression meant to suggest spiritual depths. And yet who's the one with layers and soul and real intestinal fortitude? Who's the all-about-me poseur just looking for someone to use? It's Hollywood, baby, don't let the makeup fool you.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:21 PM   #263
Angelia

Quote:
Originally posted by tojoson
in the episode 'carpe noctem' where angel and the old man exchange bodies, the guy who plays 'ryan' the orderly is 'my big fat obnoxious fiance'
I had read in last week's TVguide that he had been in both BtVS and AtS and while it said that he played the demon that gave Spike back his soul it didn't mention who he played on AtS. I had wondered so thanks for mentioning that tojoson.

I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out. ~ Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Angelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 10:18 AM   #264
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

TSILA, and the scene that launched a thousand C/A 'shippers. That scene just takes my breath away. Even more now, since we know Angel will fall in love with Cordy, and we know he actually will lose her. Just a powerful, intense scene. Well, two actually, including the one where Cordy wakes up.
Old 02-15-2004, 01:08 PM   #265
CAMartin
Oh! A bird!

What makes it even more bittersweet is his lines:

"I'm going to get you back...I *need* you back"

Just makes my tears well up a tad. See, if Joss and the other AssHat juniors had stayed true to character, Angel wouldn't be going to business as usual so fucking soon.

It was a simple thing, all they had to do was perhaps set Why We Fight maybe a month and a half afterwards? Even two weeks would be fine, and only maybe a mention or two. It would be a hellavu lot better than how they actually handled it. Eh.
CAMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 06:24 PM   #266
starlet2367
glitterati

So who watched tonight's ep? I don't remember this one's name, but it's after the dreams, when Darla impersonates DeEtta Kramer and farks with Angel's head.

There are a couple of favorite scenes in this one. One is when Darla calls 911 and Lindsey's listening in. He *so* wants to fuck her--god, it's written all over him. And he's just a toy to her, a means to an end. The next is when Angel pulls Darla up, into the tree. One minute she's there, the next she isn't. It's funny, in a way. But also totally chilling. That scene did more to illustrate Angel's vamp nature than any of the Batman shite they've been pulling this season.

DB and JB have such amazing chemistry. In the scene on the old convent grounds, when she's taunting him, you can see Angel remembering, see him wanting...he's had a taste of all that lust, the blood orgies, the *power* through his drug-induced dreams, and he's on the edge of giving in. It's all in his eyes, the stillness in his face.

But he keeps pulling back, even taunting her. Kissing her, stroking her face, honoring what they were together...and then slapping her down. Oh, God. Sparks. :shivers:

And they make Cordy and Wes look so innocent, in their protection of him, almost childlike. The scene where they face down Kate, and then later, when they go to Angel's door...they're looking out for their friend. But their friend is corrupt, rotten at the center. He's done things, he knows things, they can never know.

It's absolutely chilling and damn, I remember again why I loved the show so much. Darn them for losing that thread, the vamp-as-addict metaphor, the dark undertones. Darn them for losing the subtlety. This was just a fascinating ep--makes me want to fire up my S2 DVDs and watch it all over again.

Kel
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 06:50 PM   #267
LaLa247
Wooo!

That would be "Dear Boy", Kel, and one of my fav S2 eps.

Boreanaz was definitely strong in this ep, JB brings out something in him, something...naughty. Bad! I find it so fascinating to watch Angel and Darla during S2 up to "Reprise". It's just intense.

Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 10:33 PM   #268
tojoson

'personal bubble, PERSONAL BUBBLE'
Old 02-17-2004, 11:31 PM   #269
Bullocks
holding onto hope

I still maintain that season 2 was the best season of ATS ever. Season 3 plays a close second for me. I absolutely loved season 2, it was the season that endeared me to the show.

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that had all those people on it. Damn." --Joss Whedon
He left us a legacy. To give others less fortunate than we are a chance to turn our lives around. Now I want him to have that chance.-Legacy, gone but not forgotten
Connor Fan #129
Darla Fan #025
Van/Hitomi/Allen Fan
DS9 Fan
Frillie Fan
Kagome/Inuyasha Fan
Sesshoumaru/Kagura Fan
Bullocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 11:48 PM   #270
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

I love "Dear Boy". Well, I do like Angel on the edge. And the scenes between Darla and Angel were amazing. When he told her she never made him happy, and she told him, "God doesn't want you...But I still do." Both very powerful moments. And you really could almost see Angel teetering on the edge, almost tempted to go with his darker urges. Fantastic.

And, of course, Cordelia, talking about having to wear an outfit that says, "Pet me, I'm a whore." That still cracks me up because she looked so disgusted by the whole thing.