Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2004, 04:43 PM   #241
LaLa247
Wooo!

"Lonely Hearts" is repeating.

All I gotta say is...VAST. They ruined the VAST, man!
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 07:59 PM   #242
Bianka

Question Lonely Hearts

On the scene where Angel is looking for the killer and Kate is at Angel Investigations looking through Angel's stuff what is the name of the song that was playing and who sings it? Please pm me or e-mail me with the answer. Thanks.
Old 01-12-2004, 08:11 PM   #243
LaLa247
Wooo!

That would be VAST's Touched. VAST was used largely in season one, noteably in the six-minute trailer.

Official Site

ETA: The song is on their debut album "Visual Audio Sensory Theater", and you can hear a sample of it, as well as see the video in the "Experience" section.
Charisma's Bitch #1

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.

Last edited by LaLa247; 01-12-2004 at 08:15 PM.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:23 PM   #244
Bianka

Thank you!
Old 01-13-2004, 07:41 AM   #245
starlet2367
glitterati

Thanks, La! I think I'm a VAST fan, now. I'd never been to their site before. It's impressive! Go to vitals and play with the Vastbot. :snort:

The backgrounds for each page are a work of art.

Kel
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 01:26 PM   #246
LaLa247
Wooo!

Isn't it lovely?

Oh, and if you look to the lower right hand side, there's an active flame. Click on it. A thing fades in where you can change the background music.
Charisma's Bitch #1

Old 01-20-2004, 05:12 PM   #247
LaLa247
Wooo!

In honor of IWRY playing tonight, I give you selections of TWoP's Strega's review of the episode.

Quote:
While Doyle prepares an incantation, he tells Angel that the oracles are finicky, so Angel should quickly ask his questions and leave. The bricks vanish, and Angel passes through the door and onto the set of Xena.
Quote:
Looks are exchanged. Oh god. They start kissing again. Do I have to describe this? They end up making out on top of the table, and I think they borrowed some microphones from Dawson's Creek to get those horribly loud lip-smacking noises. Just before I have to rip my own eyes out, we cut to the sun setting.
Quote:
They simper and get all gooey-eyed, and I race to inject myself with insulin. While they kiss again, some ice cream drips onto Angel's utterly hairless chest. I begin to sob. [...] Once the ice cream dripped onto Angel, I covered my eyes completely, because I knew what was going to happen and there's nothing on this earth that could make me watch it. All I know is, there are more lip-smacking sounds, and Buffy giggles.
Quote:
Buffy says, no, that's not what she meant, adding, "I'm spent. Pleasantly numb, even." Donations for the therapy I'll need after witnessing this scene should be sent c/o Wing. ["I'm woozy just having to read about it." -- Wing Chun]
Quote:
"This one is willing to sacrifice every drop of human happiness and love he's ever known for another. He is not a lower being." Oh good, add to Angel's martyrdom complex; thank you, Lady Oracle.
Quote:
Buffy asks why, and Angel answers, "Because more than ever, I know how much I love you." Oh, not this conversation again.
Quote:
Angel suddenly looks at her with horrified rapture, or rapturous horror, and waggles his head a bit. I'm not sure what emotion he was trying to convey there. Maybe all the junk food he ate finally caught up with him.
Quote:
She gets ready to exit again, and Angel looks down at the smashed clock on the floor. When he looks up, Buffy has left. "That's it," he says. Johanna writes a note that reads: "Dear Joss, How are you? I am fine. Love, Jo. P.S. About the clocks? WE GET IT. Thanks."
Hee! I love her recaps.

Seriously, B/A...it was fine there. S1, he just left SunnyD- I accepted it. It didn't change the fact that the ep was cringe-worthy and corny as all hell, but I accepted it.

It also confirmed why exactly those two can't be together- what was Angel gonna do- go back to SunnyD and work in retail while Buffy fights the demons? Come on...
Charisma's Bitch #1

Old 01-20-2004, 09:40 PM   #248
QueenC
All.About.Her...

Thanks for that La! I actually laughed out loud reading those! She really has a knack for these things!

I actually caught the tail end of IWRY today... turned on the TV just in time to hear the "Now more than ever I know how much I love you" line and had to turn the channel. Like La, I "get" it in the context of early S1 AtS, but even there -- and now more than ever looking back on it -- it is so corny and ridiculously over-the-top melodramatic that it floors me that Joss wants us to take this seriously now as the "way it should be", and that Angel is still pining for her. He lost all credibility when he refused to acknowledge that B/A was one of those "Romeo and Juliet" tragic first loves that is the end-all-be-all while it is happening but ultimately is doomed. He started out OK, and if he'd have played it the way it should've been played, and let them move on to healthier relationships (read: C/A, and even to an extent B/R) it could have actually worked.
And, strangely enough, I think if he'd have done that, then more people (other than the die hard militant B/A shippers) might look on B/A more fondly, with that epic feel to it. Rather than being resentful of the fact that JW keeps shoving it down our throats until we choke on it.

Wow, sorry ... I think that came dangerously close to a rant! oops.

Lori

Charisma's Bitch #118
QueenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 09:48 PM   #249
LaLa247
Wooo!

No, I think you're absolutely right, Lori. If they (ME and Joss) had just let.it.go, I don't think there would've been the "We don't give a DAMN about this!!" attitude that's happening with the recent eps and sure to happen as season five progresses.

It's just a very silly thing to me- first love equals *one* love? I dun think so, bubba. I don't think the "go ahead, pine for your first love that ultimately made you miserable because s/he was your first!" message is the right one to be sending to the audience. IWRY was the perfect time to finally cut the B/A relationship strings, and they failed miserably.

Meh. There's always Xena/Gabby...
Charisma's Bitch #1

Old 01-20-2004, 10:03 PM   #250
QueenC
All.About.Her...

Quote:
Originally posted by LaLa247
I don't think the "go ahead, pine for your first love that ultimately made you miserable because s/he was your first!" message is the right one to be sending to the audience.

I completely agree. It's like watching a train-wreck happen. Or even worse -- in a perverse kind of way, it's almost like watching what you see in an abusive relationship. I know -- not really from watching as much as from what I've heard other people say -- that to an extent Season 6 of Buffy was going for that whole analogy, but B/A have the same kind of "it's a totally destructive relationship that is nothing but bad for both parties, and they both do nothing but hurt each other emotionally (and sometimes physically) but we keep coming back to each other anyway because we can't find a way out" vibe. And to make it worse, JW romanticizes it!

Quote:
IWRY was the perfect time to finally cut the B/A relationship strings, and they failed miserably.

So true!

Lori

Charisma's Bitch #118
QueenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 10:56 PM   #251
tojoson

Quote:
"This one is willing to sacrifice every drop of human happiness and love he's ever known for another. He is not a lower being."

gee isn't that the same thing cordy did in 'birthday'.
why were they so against calling HER a higher being
Old 01-21-2004, 04:02 PM   #252
LaLa247
Wooo!

"Hero", again.

First thoughts- I love Cordy's voiceover and the over-dramatic Dark Avenger scene. The perfect tongue-in-cheek introduction to the show.

I miss that show...
Charisma's Bitch #1

Old 01-21-2004, 09:46 PM   #253
tojoson

her smile after she found out doyle was half-demon, and then told him to ask her out to dinner.
i have to get a new computer so i can make screencaps and turn that one picture into wallpaper
Old 01-22-2004, 05:15 PM   #254
LaLa247
Wooo!

"Parting Gifts"

How long were Cordy and Angel by themselves before Wes showed up? It couldn't have been that long, since Cordy was obviously still grieving...yet Cordy didn't blink an eye when Angel cooked breakfast for her in the end of the ep, which could signify that he had done that before.

Anyone?
Charisma's Bitch #1

Old 01-22-2004, 05:32 PM   #255
KarKar

Quote:
Originally posted by LaLa247
"Parting Gifts"

How long were Cordy and Angel by themselves before Wes showed up? It couldn't have been that long, since Cordy was obviously still grieving...yet Cordy didn't blink an eye when Angel cooked breakfast for her in the end of the ep, which could signify that he had done that before.

Anyone?
It couldn't have been more than a week. I always assumed that Angel had cooked for both Cordy and Doyle. I bet Angel can whip up some huervo ranchero's for those post-vision hangovers.