Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2003, 08:00 AM   #181
rolandro

I love you guys. You protect our precious heroine, and realize that these are some very precious moments we're talking about. Very precious. And thank you for being so nice to me, treating me with your special soft mitts.

Anyway. I want to be clear: I ABSOLUTELY LOVE that Cordy is the one that goes, uh - guys? Angel? We have a cart-horse situation here. That IS pure Cordy. I love pure Cordy moments, because, for one thing I can see what Charisma's been up to, and it's not just coming up with spazdance routines with JAR. She's been putting work in on Cordy, buffing her up in tiny ways. This is a very finely tuned, nuanced piece of acting we're getting treated to.

What a difference a night's sleep can make. I feel rested and ready to avoid that piece of s*** manuscript over there. But man, what a day/night these folks went through. After 'stake the skittering alien' becomes 'it's a human' becomes 'let's get ready to be family' becomes 'let's get ready to be toast' becomes 'let's fulfill prophecy and have a baby' becomes 'let's prepare to be parents' becomes 'let's get ready to become toast II' becomes 'let's pretend we're getting ready to become toast II' becomes, becomes,'gasp' (mine)'let's meet at the hospital after for a nice little denoument and some Vitamin K'. . .

I gotta go soak my wrists in cold water for the carpal tunnel and it's only just 5:30 in the morning.

Now I love rousing action just as much as the next landscape architect, and really, rousing action with a baby? Batman with a Bun? Isn't that just the most precious thing?

I'm just saying. I want my precious moments! More, not less.

So getting back to Tojo's post (that started me off) - Action hero w/ baby takes on minions from Hell. That borders on bad taste. Bound to get us put on some parental type lists. Which we don't mind (NPR doesn't care about these lists put out by vulgar middle-brow hordes) How can we top that? Kickboxing w/ a pregnant woman? No. Too far. Let's go with secret evil, with lot's of 'who's driving Cordy complications' - sort of like 'administrative evil in a law firm' as a means to 'revamp' a tired old show about family. It should be dramatic, but is it? Really? It's just frustrating! Wah!

Back to piece of s***
rolandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 04:51 PM   #182
LaLa247
Wooo!

Tonight is "Through the Looking Glass", and it's my least fav Pylea ep.

The Fred stuff is way too corny and eyeroll-worthy. Gimme crazy, without-the-Titanic-music Fred, please.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 03:42 AM   #183
Persephone

K, things I'm discovering about S2 redux... the Pylea arc isn't as bad as I remembered. It's still my least favourite arc of the season, but it's fine-ish, for the most part. I was tickled all over again by the bit with the Wolf-Ram-Hart books... sigh, I do love me some Wes. Was that development -- W&H either being actors in the Pylea dimension or general placetakers for evil and mayhem in all dimensions -- ever followed up on?
Persephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 08:06 AM   #184
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Quote:
Originally posted by Persephone
Was that development -- W&H either being actors in the Pylea dimension or general placetakers for evil and mayhem in all dimensions -- ever followed up on?
The conclusion I drew from that bit of business wasn't that our dimensions W&H had anything to do with Pylea, or sending Cordy there. It was more that W&H, in one form or another, are involved in the evil goings on in who knows how many dimensions. In a medieval world like Pylea, they are the religious sect that runs everything behind the scenes, while giving the people figureheads (like a monarch and a Groosalug) to worship. In a more modern dimension, they are lawyers...doing pretty much the same thing.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:51 AM   #185
LaLa247
Wooo!

Watching the painful Long Day's Journey last night, I realize that it was really, REALLY obvious that Cordelia was evil. Whether intentional or not, it was.
Charisma's Bitch #1

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
Old 12-03-2003, 01:13 PM   #186
v120176

Continuing the "What would DG did on season 4?" theme.
That's an answer I keep asking.... I mean, all the characters that went into a "dark time" did it because it was their choices. OK, W&H and Darla were pissing off and pushing Angel, in season 2, but it was his desicion fired the group and start a cruzade using any method. With Wesley, the same. Maybe the prophesy was false, but HE BELIEVED that Angel was capable of killing Connor, he didn't discuss that with anybody. He decided by himself taking the baby away from his father.
So, if the Evil Cordy was somenthing planned a long time before CC's pregnancy (as the asshat said), I wonder how DG would write that. The way JW did it result into a "innocent of all charges" for the real Cordy. She didn't make any questionable choice. Was Jazmine controling her all the time. The difference with DG is he always put the final decision into the character, there was external influence (W&H and the prophesy) but at the end were the real characters who screwed up the things.
Because of that, is that I keep asking me How DG would managed the Evil Cordy plot: what happened that she became evil.

Val.

Last edited by v120176; 12-03-2003 at 01:17 PM.
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 05:04 PM   #187
LaLa247
Wooo!

Random thoughts about "There's No Place..."

- My God, Greenie got Gunn! LOVED Gunn in this episode, all the way through. Right from his "sweet baby Jesus" line to his breakdown of freedom and reconstruction in society. See, Gunn IS intelligent.

- Cracked up after Angel and Fred surprised the rebels, that one guy dropped from the tree a second too late. Angel's reaction was amusing as well.

- The guys' loss of words when describing Lorne- typical men. But the way they screamed and jumped back when his head talked? I laughed my ass off, man.

- This was true Cordy. Snarky but not cold, she was mean to some but overall conflicted over her visions. And she looked lovely in that costume.

- Still don't dig the sudden "Groo love" from her, though.

- LOVED Fred's little thumbs-up to Angel when he challenged Groo and his slight wiggage when the dude put his hand over the fire. There's the Fred and Angel I know and love.

- While we're on that, this was the Fang Gang I knew and loved. Wes was Wes, Gunn was still Gunn, Cordy was Cordy, Fred was crazy and FRED, and Angel was Angel! Dammit.

- How the hell did they get Angel's car out of the club?

- Also, did y'all see Angel offer Cordy his hand when they got out of the car? Hee.

- Fucking Willow ruined Angel's good mood. Fucking Buffy-related mood killer.
Charisma's Bitch #1

Old 12-03-2003, 06:42 PM   #188
KarKar

Quote:
Originally posted by LaLa247
- How the hell did they get Angel's car out of the club?
I think it was decided that since it was an old warehouse/commercial space, they probably had a back door for truck deliveries so that the car could've been driven out that way.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:24 PM   #189
tojoson

yah, remember the loading door they broke thru later in s-3 when holtz was after angel and darla, the doorway into the alley where conner was born.
this re-decoration was probably where lorne covered it up.
Old 12-04-2003, 08:56 AM   #190
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

I still think Pylea is a hoot. I saw this arc before finding ST, or any other discussion boards. When I started visiting the forums, and looking back over what people said about past episodes, I was surprised by the serious dislike people seemed to have for these episodes. I think it was because everyone was primed and ready for a BUFFY-like showdown finale, where the Fang Gang go up against Darla, Dru, Lindsey, and the forces of W&H in an a battle of epic proportions. Instead, we got a humorous mini-series to end the season.

The one-liners in all of the Pylea episodes are priceless. Cordy had some of the best. "You're most high if you think that's gonna happen." "It's been a really long time since I had a good...Comshuck." And, in regards to Angel's hair, "No, it always looks like that."

And I really liked how you had to pay as much attention to the characters in the background. Like when Lorne goes home to his family. In the foreground, Lorne is calls his very masculine mother "Mom". Angel, who is standing behind Lorne, and is even out of focus, looks shocked, and mouths the word "Mom" as if he can't believe it. Now, usually, a viewer doesn't pay attention to characters in the background, because they don't do anything to add to the scene. But, if you ignored the characters in the background in the Pylea episodes, you'd miss some truly funny stuff.

Anyway, I still like these episodes, and it's nice that so many people who didn't originally are starting to give them a chance.

Last edited by Dannyblue; 12-04-2003 at 09:00 AM.
Dannyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 04:20 PM   #191
LaLa247
Wooo!

"Hearthrob"...hee. I don't care what anyone says, Angel called Cordy "baby". Dammit. And crazy!Fred! I love Crazy!Fred!

The golden year. *g*
Charisma's Bitch #1

Old 12-04-2003, 04:51 PM   #192
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Is that even in question? I'm pretty sure "baby" was in the closed caption.
Old 12-04-2003, 05:00 PM   #193
QueenC
All.About.Her...

Quote:
Originally posted by Morrigan
Is that even in question? I'm pretty sure "baby" was in the closed caption.
Oh, I heard it too! I love this episode! I taped it today because I knew I probably wouldn't be home in time to see it. I love all of the incidental touching between the two of them in this episode... they are always reaching for each other in one way or another!

Lori

Charisma's Bitch #118
QueenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 05:06 PM   #194
KarKar

Gawd, that was a great C/A episode. Hands all over each other, the Purple Garanimals, the touching, the statements as to how well they know each other, and the smiles. Oh lor the smiles when he sees her in the beginning.
Old 12-04-2003, 06:50 PM   #195
Tyeshia
Where she goes, I go!

Delurking for Hearthrob

Most of season 3, I haven't seen since it originally aired. Boy did I miss it! Anyway, am I the only one who enjoyed Angel's "Oh her" look when Cordy is trying to get him to talk about Buffy. Also, have to agree about all the touching, and lingering looks. I thought the C/Aer in me was dead. This ep brought it all back.
Team Cordy #167
Charisma's Bitch #444

Tyeshia is offline   Reply With Quote