Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party! > TV Class Reunion!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #91
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
Makes sense to me. I think that would be put me to sleep, too. I wonder if sales of the book have gone up since the airing?
I tried reading it once, but there wasn't enough debauchery. If you're gonna slog through Roman history, there needs to be debauchery!

Anyway...

Nick now is almost criminally liable for not letting Juliette and Hank in on the secret. But of the plan is for Juliette to 'forget' or 'refuse to believe despite the evidence', then better Greenie and Co. find an elsewhere for her to be.

That said, I really did enjoy this season. I just hope the next is as good.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #92
aikakone
SpunkyMisunderstoodGenius

Found a stream and watched it live last night instead of waiting for Hulu. While good, I was actually expecting something more.

The thing that I want to know right now, and it will probably seem like a minor question, but does Nick's mom know that Captain Renard is royalty? I kind of hope she does.

Also, after the catch scratch and the shock of learning that Nick "seems" crazy, I wonder if Juliette is going to be changed into a creature somehow. I know it seems strange since in this show the wessen (do they spell it "wesen"?) are just born that way, but Adlind was a powerful witch before she was neutralized. Doesn't mean she couldn't have a big spell arsenal.
Wesley Brigadier #9
Team Cordy #245
What do you call a bunch of militant CC fans? A Charis-militia!
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #93
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikakone View Post
Found a stream and watched it live last night instead of waiting for Hulu. While good, I was actually expecting something more.
As David Giuntoli said in some interview that we'd have answers to all our questions at the end, I too was hoping for more. Instead, more questions with no answers.

Quote:
The thing that I want to know right now, and it will probably seem like a minor question, but does Nick's mom know that Captain Renard is royalty? I kind of hope she does.
It seems like she knows a lot more stuff than Nick or Aunt Marie do/did.

Quote:
Also, after the catch scratch and the shock of learning that Nick "seems" crazy, I wonder if Juliette is going to be changed into a creature somehow.
I hope not, but it looks like whatever the potion was changed the cat into HellCat, so I'm resigned to it happening. At least it would be a lot better than Juliete suddenly forgetting everything.

Wondering about Hank too. He just can't shake the image of Monroe wolfed-out, so Nick's going to have to deal with that sooner rather than later. He needs to do a better job when he tells Hank though.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #94
aikakone

Yeah, I thought his explanation to Juliette was the most awkward, ineffective thing ever. I gave it a pass, though, because we aren't always eloquent in real life in stressful situations. So I'm not saying it's bad from a writing point of view, just Nick being a temporary dumbass. It happens.

I think he should ahve started with "YOu know all those fairy tales? They're actually true." or something like that.
Wesley Brigadier #9
Team Cordy #245
Old 05-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #95
DamnSkippy

Quote:
I think he should ahve started with "YOu know all those fairy tales? They're actually true." or something like that.
That's what I expected him to say, so I'm guessing the writers didn't do it that way just for that reason. Well, not because of me, in particular, but the audience in general.

Ya know, other than the big bad wolf, the pigs and a few others, I'm not really seeing what fairytales all these creatures are coming from. Are the mice people supposed to be of hickory-dickory-dock fame? Because I would have thought they were real mice. Maybe I'm just not that familiar with the odd/not-so-famous fairytales that the writers are - the more regional folk tales maybe?
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:44 PM   #96
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

A quick interview with Greenie and Kouf about the finale and teasing for season two. There's a bit about Juliette's current condition in there too. Nothing that says too much; it's Greenwalt, after all.

DS, I think they're just supposed to be random sort of inhabitants of that 'fairy tale' world, where animals are anthropomorphic and all that. Here in the real world (as it were), they're more human appearing is all. My two cents, anyway.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:47 PM   #97
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I liked the finale. I can't say it was fantastic but it did what it was supposed to do, tied up some lose ends while hooking me in for S2. I'm now super curious about Nick's mom, Juliette's possible transformation, and Hank's mental state (poor thing looked like he was losing it).

It wasn't the best episode of the season, I still think Danse Macabre, Organ Grinder, Love Sick, Leave it to Beavers and Cat and Mouse were better episodes.

Did Greenie write this episode? He wrote most of my favorite ATS episodes.

On a totally shallow note, I've now seen Renard, shirtless, in a suit and Dress Blues and I think this episode has my favorite look...Renard in Khaki pants and a sweater...YUM!
Old 05-21-2012, 08:51 PM   #98
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
Did Greenie write this episode? He wrote most of my favorite ATS episodes.
Greenwalt and Kouf.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:44 AM   #99
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
Greenwalt and Kouf.
I'm glad Greenie continues his string of writing the final episodes, this wasn't quite as good as TSILA but I did like the pacing I just wish we got more answers on The Royals and stuff. The episode need more BAMF Renard...I might have a one track mind ;-)

ETA: It seems that being a Grimm comes with some powers/fighting skills as well...Nick's anger over his parents death helped him kick ass.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:46 AM   #100
aikakone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
The episode need more BAMF Renard...I might have a one track mind ;-)
Oh, I'm right on that same track with you. Sasha Roiz is nice...
Wesley Brigadier #9
Team Cordy #245