Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2007, 07:48 AM   #76
fiddly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century View Post
I distinctly remember Little Joe saying that the end of AtS was intended to make the fans hurt because the WB had dissed him, personally, by canceling the show. Nasty, childish and unprofessional, yes, but also par for that particular course.
I remember reading this and that's why I didn't even watch the ending it had nothing to do with the fans.

I did watch the most of Season 5 but for m there wasn't a single episode which bought back the tingle of Season 1.
And, honestly? I'll be damned if Joss fucking Whedon breaks this board apart. We survived S4, we survived Charisma's firing, we're surviving the mess of S5. We're stronger than we think. Courteously donated by Lala247

Everything is going to be fine in the end, if it's not fine, it's not the end.
fiddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 10:57 AM   #77
bigbird811
Lieutenant McMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerkstore View Post
So how the hell is sticking it to the few remaining loyal fans constitute an FU to the ex-fans who weren't watching the big FU in the first place? Insane Troll Logic at it's finest.
I agree with that, even though I'm sort of trying to be nice about Joss...I don't believe in holding grudges just for the heck of it, and it has been three years, but I just can't forgive sometimes (Charisma's firing, the destruction of Cordy along with that, the fall of a great show for nothing...)

I'm actually more bitter about the butchering of Angel's team than the finale itself. By that time, I was just watching it as a formality (and, of course, for Spike)...
Old 12-23-2007, 02:13 AM   #78
tootyfnfruity

guess ultimately for me i am not bitter about the finale but rather s4 and s5 even though i finally quit watching completely in the later part of s5 (after the introduction of nangel)was basically alone again. i did watch the finale and i hated that Angel was basically alone again (unless he was going to leave the destuction left behind to chase after buffy's cookie dough or the shewolf). really dislike joss for how cangel/cordy/CC was treated .
was reading through earlier posts and came across a reference to forever knight i forgot how it ended can anyone refresh my memory. also seen dc mentioned, that was really good finale as was bh 90210.

tootyfnfruity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 02:31 AM   #79
bigbird811
Lieutenant McMuffin

Too late for chase, though. The Immortal has already bought the whole bakery for another century or so (Not bashing. Really, seriously not bashing)
Old 12-24-2007, 01:16 AM   #80
tootyfnfruity

it's hard not to bash it one of the stupidist lines i ever heard. gah i hate even talking about it.

tootyfnfruity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:37 AM   #81
bigbird811
Lieutenant McMuffin

Yeah, but it was better than, "When I kiss you, I want to die"?
Old 12-24-2007, 03:14 AM   #82
samsmom

I don't mind that line so much.

But on the other hand -

"I'm talking about watching my lover die."

No one will ever adequately explain to me the necessity of that line. It was the most riduculous thing I'd ever heard come out of Buffy's mouth.
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 09:36 AM   #83
fiddly

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmom View Post

No one will ever adequately explain to me the necessity of that line. It was the most riduculous thing I'd ever heard come out of Buffy's mouth.
I'm sure if we thought hard we could come up with some other lines but I don't have the energy because let's face it 'who cares?'. BTVS Season 5 onwards was a disaster in my opinion. I think once the characters come to a point where they have to be made into something 'more' than what they started off as JW just can't cope.
And, honestly? I'll be damned if Joss fucking Whedon breaks this board apart. We survived S4, we survived Charisma's firing, we're surviving the mess of S5. We're stronger than we think. Courteously donated by Lala247

Everything is going to be fine in the end, if it's not fine, it's not the end.
fiddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 11:57 AM   #84
bigbird811
Lieutenant McMuffin

Quote:
"I'm talking about watching my lover die."

That was a big 'WTF' moment for me. I kept trying to put it in place with everything else that went on--my brain started hurting and I gave up eventually. But I still haven't, and probably won't ever, found a line I've loathed worse than the 'Kiss you, want to die' one.

But then again, there's the 'myth-taken' joke in s4 I'm really starting to question.