Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2006, 08:26 PM   #61
brownsbros3

That's one of the reasons why I wished they would not have sent Angel back for the Buffy finale. All it did was get the B/Aers stirred up even further over a possible reunion. They had been seperated for nearly two years, and I wished they would have left it like that.
brownsbros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 07:34 AM   #62
leobrat

While I'm a Cangel at heart, I did enjoy the B/A romance. When Angel came back in season 5 for Joyce's funeral, it was really before Cangel was in its full swing, and my heart really melted at their reunion there. I was like, "Wow, David and Sarah still have amazing chemistry." Then by the time he came back in End Of Days, I thought their cookie dough conversations was childish at that point in their lives and after everything they'd been through, together and apart. They were trying to play for comedy, which never worked with them. And it also pissed me off that in the beginning of season 7, Buffy showed no concern that Angel had been missing for months, yet he dropped everything and ran to her when she needed him.

And I also wish that Cordelia had just been mentioned. It wouldn't have been a totally out of the blue reference, after all, she was in every episode for the first three years (I really would have preferred Cordy and Oz to come back for the finale, rather than Faith, they were a much bigger part of the show...not feasible with Charisma's pregnancy probably). But just a quick line, after Angel asked Buffy where Spike was (or whatever he said), she could have snotted, "And how's Cordelia?" Simple enough, and it wouldn't be trashing any canon. If Fred knew Willow's phone number, there's no reason that Angel and Buffy couldn't have known what was going on in each other's life.
leobrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:51 AM   #63
brownsbros3

Charisma said she was never even asked about doing the Buffy finale. It's a shame. She was the only person to be an original cast member on both shows, but yet not be there for either finale.

I don't whether its true or not, but there was word going around that in the Buffy/Angel "Chosen" scene there was extra dialogue in which he tells her that he is in love with Cordelia and that he has a son. Supposedly it was cut so as not to confuse too much of Angel's story with Buffy's.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:30 PM   #64
CA4eva
Doyle<3hero(RIP, Glenn)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsbros3
Charisma said she was never even asked about doing the Buffy finale. It's a shame. She was the only person to be an original cast member on both shows, but yet not be there for either finale.

I don't whether its true or not, but there was word going around that in the Buffy/Angel "Chosen" scene there was extra dialogue in which he tells her that he is in love with Cordelia and that he has a son. Supposedly it was cut so as not to confuse too much of Angel's story with Buffy's.
WTF??!?!?! Charisma didn't even know about the finales?!!! How in God's name could JW be crazy enough to go to that sort of a length to revive his dead ship which is NEVER EVER coming back again?! No matter how much he tries because the actors would surely get bored or the audience would disperse?!

If it's true that they did put that line in and then cut it, I will hate Joss more than I already do because he took away every last drop of C/A until the C/Aers were left thirsty and dry of the knowledge their ship was never fully made into a couple!

ChosenTwo, you're my hero
CA4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 04:14 PM   #65
brownsbros3

There logic was that only 25% of the fans watched both shows meaning 75% watched either one or the other. Boreanaz originally was not going to come back at all for the Buffy finale. He said in an interview that at the time he didn't see any need to because, "been there, done that," and that he hates it when TV shows do reunions. He reluctantly did come back as a favor to Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Whether the lines about Cordy and Connor were in the finale I don't know, but a person at slayerverse site mentioned that there was a "Chosen" script on line with that dialogue in it.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:27 PM   #66
bigbird811
Lieutenant McMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livvie View Post
Oh yeah, great idea. Turn two strong male leads into simpering idiots, completely ignoring the other four seasons and one's current love interest, to go running after a woman who blew them both off. Don't alienate the B/Aers but alienate all the Angel fans instead. I really wish I could have been a fly on the wall during THAT pitch meeting. A fly with a machine gun.
Right-o, Livvie. I might've joined you there.

And yeah, the show was cancelled because many fans of Angel the Show had stopped watching it, and not many fans of B/A watched it in the first place. If only someone on the staff had noticed that...

Quote:
Whether the lines about Cordy and Connor were in the finale I don't know, but a person at slayerverse site mentioned that there was a "Chosen" script on line with that dialogue in it.
I think I might've read that, but then again, I don't really read transcripts that much.

Quote:
WTF??!?!?! Charisma didn't even know about the finales?!!! How in God's name could JW be crazy enough to go to that sort of a length to revive his dead ship which is NEVER EVER coming back again?! No matter how much he tries because the actors would surely get bored or the audience would disperse?!
Whoa, whoa, man! Calm down there. I don't think it's completely Joss' fault. It was an ideology in there that hinting B/A would be good for Angel, that's why he did it. People take wrong decisions all the time, y'know.

Last edited by bigbird811; 10-15-2007 at 11:33 PM.
bigbird811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 02:51 PM   #67
tootyfnfruity

i am not sure what classification of shipper i am or what sets off one ship for me is not always the case with the next. i admit that i am slightly shallow and the reason i choose some is partially based on looks. Case in point C/A since the first time Cordy seen Angel at the Bronze I was all about them getting together. The reason - Angel was a hot vamp (imo too hot for buffy) and Cordy was just HOT,imo way hotter than Buffy, (ummm sadly my 11 yr old son has the same opinion so what does that say about my maturity level?) Hopeflully i redeem myself when i add that when i actually seen them in scenes together I thought they had better chemistry than a(db)/b(smg) and thier relationship on Angel made my just want them even more, also iI just loved Cordy's character and never seen what was so wonderful about Buffy that Angel would be so blinded by her that he barely noticed Cordy. I can also go for love/hate was a big joey/pacey shipper but I hated spike/buffy I preferred him and Dru though not sure which category they fall under . as for db new leading lady i am not a fan of that ship. i don't know what it is but something about her just doesn't appeal to me. (Sometimes I gotta wonder if it is simply cause she is no CC)

tootyfnfruity is offline   Reply With Quote