Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 02:33 AM   #1
Pat

ATS, contributions for a fan book

My name is Pat and I have been working on a book from fans for fans of the series Angel. It's been a long way but, I can't complain so far the project has been very fortunate. I am in the last stretch and cannot believe I would let it out, without letting the members of this board tip the balance to express our love for Cordy. In particular there is a series of questions asked to any fan that want to answer and so far it doesn't reflect "our" views and ship very often.

After obtaining the authorization from the board adminstrator (thank you again Penny), I am here trying to explain what it is about and how you can participate if interested.

The book will be offered to cast, crews, creators of the show and few executives, it will be sold at cost to everyone participating and for two dollars extra to everyone else to help in the cost of all the free copies (so far 50 are set to be send around for that purpose). Almost everything is fan contribution coming from the contest called the Fight the Good Fight that started last year after the finale, in which I added interviews of crew and actors of the show, as well as of the jurors of the competition that started the whole thing (Nikki Strafford, the editors of Slayage, etc...), and even authors that happened to like the verse. There are also essays from fans on anything they wanted to say about the show and an article summarizing an online research done on the fan-ficers.

It's hard to summarize that work but I want to be completed by the end of May (a year after the finale) and I can't help but feel that there should be more Cordelia and C/A oriented work in it to reflect the wonderful years she gave us.
After all the idea for the book came from David Boreanaz and I can't give back a product with barely a mention of one or more of the star(s) of the show as
Gunn and Cordy seem to be the ones people talk the least about.

Before I get lost, here is the set of question I asked in other boards this past year, if you feel that you can participate please pm me your answers with the completed release included here. It warrants me to use your answers/contributions for the book without taking any of your rights to use them elsewhere.
If you want to bring threads, essays, graphics or anything else of interest to the book don't hesistate to pm me as well.

I will be available to answer any question and provide links to types of essays and graphics already existing here.
Your answers should be by pm or email to me, if you don't mind.

Thanks for reading this post and I sure hope you will want to join the feast and have your contribution enjoyed by the fans, the cast and Joss and co.

Pat.

Quote:
PLEASE REVIEW THIS FORM IN ITS ENTIRETY, FILL IT AND RETURN IT BY EMAIL/PM WITH YOUR SUBMISSION. THANKS.

None of the contact info will be shared except how you want your work to be acknowledged.

Full Name:
Login Name:
Name you want to use to acknowledge your work:
Email Address:
Real Address:

I grant non-exclusive permission to For the Love of Angel book committee to keep, use, reproduce, publish, translate and distribute any submitted message/material for online, printed publications and any other media. I am not forfeiting my rights under 17 USCode Section 106.
Initial:

I do certify and warrant that the submission is my own original work and that I have the right to make it available to For the Love of Angel book committee for all the purposes specificed above.
Initial:

I grant permission to For the Love of Angel book committee and Pat to allow displaying, sharing and copying of this material.
Initial:

If you are a minor (under 18 year of age), please request that your parents agree to your participation by emailing me separately.

A word about the book:
Everyone who participated will be acknowledged and credited as per your individual instruction in the form provided by email.

In short, that book is produced to provide a nice representation of who the fans of Angel the series are, why they were saddened by its cancellation and felt such an urge to fight to save the verse in one form or another. This small (not anymore) book will be given to the creators, cast and crew of the show as well as to the studios that might have an interest in pursuing the story left open by the finale last May.
It sincerely is for us, the fans, to create the ultimate thank you to the people that gave us and are the show Angel, I hope you will all want to participate or support the initiative.

If you want to contribute anything else than the questionnaire (video, song, essay, poetry, etc), please complete the following:

1/ What is the Title of your submission?

2/ Provide a small paragraph introducing yourself.

(ie. This means that you can use the same work everywhere else that you desire in any form at any time after the publication but that when I will provide a copy of the memory book-For the love of Angel- to others you won’t sue me because your work is included; sorry for the technicality but I doubt that Joss or David will want to be in a lawsuit by association, so this is the best I could come up with. On the plus side, you can rest assure that they will see the book hence your work if it’s included)

Questions for the book: FOR THE LOVE OF ANGEL.

How did you become a fan of Angel the Series?

What was your favorite season and why?

Who was your favorite character and why?

Were you happy with the finale of Angel?

What was your favorite moment/s of Angel?

What did you NOT like about it?

What was your favorite episode and why?

Were you a Buffy fan before Angel?

Who was your favorite Buffy/Angel character?

Do you enjoy the fantasy world created by Joss and if it was *yours* what would you change or keep the same?

Did it ever inspire you?

What characters do you most want to see again from Angel?

The Girl in Question: what did you think of the episode and whom do you think belongs with whom?

In Not Fade Away, did Angel do the right thing by asking Lorne to shoot Lindsay?

Were you happy with how our heroes' (Doyle, Cordy, Wes, etc.) deaths were approached?

Of all the great technical aspects of the show, what impressed you the most?

ADDED:

What do you remember from the first episode, City of?

Which pairing of leads did you prefer and why?

Which pairing on Angel never happened that you wanted to see happen?

Did you have a favorite ship, if yes which one?

Sorry for the length of the post, and again don't hesitate to contact me if you want to know more. You are also welcome to invite friends not on this board to participate as well.

Thank you

Pat.

Last edited by Pat; 04-18-2005 at 02:36 AM.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:24 AM   #2
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Hey, kids -- I'm locking the thread and sticking it to encourage everyone to respond through PM or e-mail. Hopefully, as in the past, that will encourage more complete and candid answers.

Please feel free to start a new thread if you have questions. Thanks!