Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2004, 02:48 PM   #61
Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247
Well...it can be a all naked episode of "Play Nice"...oh! Sarah and her brother can go to a nudist camp run by JAR- we all win!

...and with set pieces strategically covering crucial parts a la Austin Powers!

"Never continue in a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined." - Johnny Carson
Kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 03:53 PM   #62
brahmsviolin

Thank you so much for sharing the happy news. I (along with everyone else)have been waiting very impatiently for news of this sort.
Team Cordy #172
brahmsviolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 05:30 PM   #63
i_glow_like_cordy

Play Nice side summary.

Admin note: Aieeeee! Spoilers! Don't forget to use the SPOILER font. (Although I'm a little too happy at the prospect of setting up a Play Nice spoiler forum at the moment to be too awfully ranty.) -- P.C.

--->

The First side begin's in a Therapists Office, where Sarah is currently telling her therapist her that Alex never listens. When asked if that's true, Alex hasn't been listening, but he's faking to annoy his sister, stating he's joking. When asked if he heard anything Sarah's said, Alex says he's been too busy thinking about how funny the joke he just made would be.

Sarah reveals Alex has just moved in three weeks ago and is acting like a kid, which causes Alex to go into the famous 'What's wrong with being a kid' arguement. They start in on Alex goals in life, which is to have sex with a girl while playing "Metal Gear Solid" in the background.

When the doctor get's into the subject of sleeping arangement's, believing them to be a couple, they're grossed out, and discuss why they've come to therapy. Sarah want's Alex to grow up, Alex starts mocking Sarah's lines, Sarah hit's Alex, Alex hits her back and then it turns into a childish slapping contest.

END OF SCENE

Alex sit's in Sarah's empty office, puts on her headset, then start's mocking her. Sarah's assistant Lauren comes in and ask's if Alex is having a busy day. Alex offers her a game of Spin The Bottle and when she ignore's it and asks if he needs anything, Sarah's asks her to find his shame. She warns him not to date his assistant, but Alex point's out she didn't and starts running down a list of who she said he can't date. She can't lose this assistant. Alex points out that she drove away her last assistant. Sarah points out he had a nervous breakdown. Alex ask's if he had one or she gave him one. Sarah say's it's all the same in the eye's of the law. Next in the scene is a part I think is just Uber-funny. CC will have us in stitches.

Sarah get's a cross call, on one line is a client(?) colleague(?) who she is angry with, and on the other is a dog she loves. She keeps switching lines quickly between being loving and sweet to the dog, then calling the client's buisness partner's son's of a bitches.
She get's back on to the dog, calling him a good boy, then goes onto don and calls him a good boy too and hangs up.

Then Jennifer comes in showing off an engagement ring.

END OF SCENE

The side end's with a scene in a restaurant where Sarah keep's making comment's in French which translate into English are babbles.

Next side picks up from when Jennifer show's off her engagement ring. Sarah point's out that Jennifer's being engaged for Seven month's, but Jennifer just loves announcing her engagement.

There's an automatic distaste between Jennifer and Alex, Alex state's Jennifer looks, then wonder's if 'Horrifuls' a word. Jennifer asks if theirs no Star Trek convention's in town. Alex is insulted, he's a Star War's fan'.

Jennifer's come to tell Sarah of a man she's found, and starts listing off his qualities only to have Sarah tell her she had at 'Man'. Sarah is excited. GARY BENNETT. Jennifer know's she's faking. Sarah has no clue who Gary Bennett is. Turns out that out of 1, 622, 000 of LA's most eligable bachellor's, he's number 371. Impressive!

Roland enter's only to find himself being insulted. Jennifer wants to set Sarah up on a double date. She can't, she's got to go to the animal shelter. Jennifer wonders when Sarah last had sex. Sarah wonders what this 'sex' she speaks of, Is. The Double Date is set.

New scene is set in the middle of the date with Sarah and Jen in the bathroom. The French scene makes sense because Gary's under the impression that Sarah is an easy-going French gardner. Sarah feels like she's being dishonest. It's LA, everyone's dishonest is Jen's defense.

A dog whimper is heard. Jennifer tries to lead Sarah away, she know's what's gonna happen. Sarah goes to help the dog who is injured and tied up in the alley.

Sarah want's to help the dog, but Jen convinces her to do it AFTER the date. Sarah agree's, but afterwards, somebody's ass is getting kicked.

New Side

Alex answer's the door to find Lauren, Sarah's assistant. She's dropping off some papers. The start flirting and Alex reveal's he's playfully delaying calling his sister. Lauren wonder's if it's artful if there are awkward pauses. That's what makes it art! Alex, being new to LA, wonder's about the activities and Lauren invites him to a party she's going to.

It's a date. Sarah comes in oblivious to what happened. Lauren leaves and Alex cooly exits to get dog food. Sarah says Alex should leave the party info there. Busted. But he still acts oblivious.

END OF SIDE (ONE MORE PEOPLE!!!)

LAST SIDE

Side picks up from Roland's entrance. Roland try's to jog Jennifer's memory. She said he was his fat shadow. It dawns on Jennifer. He's the dude that's allergic to eggs.

Alex and Roland are now trying out a video game. They're enthused and everytime they swear, it's bleeped out. Alex wins, but Roland thinks he cheated. Roland wasn't ready when they started. They started Three hours ago Alex point's out. They start calling each other 'baby', 'jerk' Alex gives a bleeped out insult and Roland can't think of an answer. Alex celebrates his victory in the battle of wits. Roland congratulates him on a well won victory. Lance comes in and they tell him the problem's with the games. Alex and Roland celebrate there lives. Their job is testing video games.

Alex is upset Sarah banned him from dating her assistant. Roland agrees it's a tragedy. Alex should get rejected on his own terms. It's like Sarah is holding her prisoner.

Alex is like Superman saving Lois Lane from Lex Luther by asking her out. Can't he be Batman, Superman's lame. Why is Batman in Metropolis saving Lois Lane? The Joker kidnapped her and took her to Gotham. Why didn't superman save her. Lex slowed him down with kryptonite. But the Joker kidnapped her. Then the Joker slowed him down with Kryptonite. Where's the Joker gonna get Kryptonite. Luthor's a billionare so....FORGET IT! Back to the task at hand. Teaching Roland to drive. They then use one of the video games as a driving test simulator.

New scene (My hand's hurt like a bitch!)

Alex and Roland enter the party. Alex meets up with Lauren. Lauren suggests Tequilla shots. Roland remind's Alex he has the tolerance of a Nine year old girl. All Alex has to do is match her, and she's a tiny person. He'll be fine. Roland would object but gets excited at Candy Corn.

New scene is at the party where Lauren and Alex are completely blitzed. Alex can't pronounce Lauren's name right, but she get's the jist. Lauren offer's Alex a jello shot. He say's he can't drink anymore until she offer's he can do it off her stomach.

Just as they start, Lauren recognises her boyfriend is theyre as Alex comes up with Jello on his face.

Alex jumps into the car with Roland saying he has to make a quick exit.

Alex can't feel his hands, Roland has to be Burt Reynolds, but who the hell want's to be Burt Reynolds, even Burt Reynolds doesn't want to be Burt Reynolds. Alex point's out not present Reynolds, 'Bandit' Burt Reynolds and Roland is good to go.

Roland is afraid to touch the wheel but after being yelled at and having some pissed off Fraternity guys chasing them, he speed's out.

Alex congrat's Roland on making it. He SO is the Bandit. A cop car pulls up to them at the lights innocently, but Roland is so panicked, he goes shooting out.

Roland explains that up till them, his extent of driving experience was Grand theft auto 3. They miss another car causing their car to crash and Alex to pronounce that he's sober now.!

<---

AND That's It!

Cordy:I thought he had a soul.
Spike: I thought she didn't.
Cordy:I do.
Spike:So do I.
Cordy:Well, clearly, mine's better.

Wesley: We have to pass through the corridor without ringing any of the bells
Cordelia looks down at her Breasts
Cordy: (to breasts)I knew you two would get me into trouble some day.
i_glow_like_cordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 07:10 PM   #64
Athlantis

OMG!!!!!!!!! This is so SO SO SO wonderful!!!!

”Cordelia, I’m gonna fix this. Promise. I’m gonna get you back. I need you back“-Angel

"...Hope. I have hope or I have nothing"-John
Farscape
Athlantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 07:45 PM   #65
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I have to say, that actually sounds really funny. I can very easilly read CC into those cene and visualize how they will look.

Having seen Alex in other things I can say that he'll be good and I think he and CC will work well together. Hopefully they get a good cast and this gets picked up. It really sounds like a good sitcom. I don't think I'll be mouring the loss of Murphy Brown if this show gets on the air
Old 04-10-2004, 09:00 PM   #66
rolandro

HohYeah

This is just terrific. But really, is it all that unexpected? WHEN, never IF.

Wow. What a WHEN.

But now, WHEN????
rolandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 09:07 PM   #67
jenny
Take That ME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy
OMG, great news! And if you can, download any video you can find on "Dead Last" with Tyler Labine. I can't believe I'm the only one who watched that show for the short time it was on. Rock band that sees ghosts and has to help them. Pretty good concept I thought. Labine was hysterically funny and quite the good dramatic actor as well. I can't believe they cancelled so early. This could be a good pairing if the scripts are decent. :crossing fingers and toes:
Hey you aren't the only one to watch it. I watched it while it was on and loved it, especially Tyler Labine's character. He was so cool!
Charisma's Bitch #78 / Team Cordy #206

As Cordy goes, so goes my nation!

"Watch as ME insults every fanbase, no matter who they are- next week on the WB!" - LaLa247
jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 10:16 PM   #68
rosary
fan charisma

Rock ˇ
OMG OMG OMG Estoy a pto de emocionarme de saber la noticia de Charisma, estoy feliz..

Lol, CONGRULATIONS ..

lOVE Charisma

Rosary
rosary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 01:33 AM   #69
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

Wow, this is great news! I hope it picks up and goes well for her.

While I'm here, I looked up Tyler Labine on imdb.com - the guys been in a LOT of stuff!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0479527/

And you can find a pic of him up at TTM - http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet...personid-33783

I recognise him from Antitrust...

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 04:54 AM   #70
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

Oh a few lines of that had me laughing out loud... I can tell this is gonna be good....

At Weekends My Name Is Ernie
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 06:08 PM   #71
Athlantis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella
Wow, this is great news! I hope it picks up and goes well for her.

While I'm here, I looked up Tyler Labine on imdb.com - the guys been in a LOT of stuff!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0479527/

And you can find a pic of him up at TTM - http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet...personid-33783

I recognise him from Antitrust...

Hey! that's the guy from DEAD LAST... or something, was that the series about the rock band who could see the dead????
ANYWAY, thatks for the info Gabriella

”Cordelia, I’m gonna fix this. Promise. I’m gonna get you back. I need you back“-Angel

"...Hope. I have hope or I have nothing"-John
Farscape
Athlantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 06:46 PM   #72
Bertha Blue

What wonderful news. Is it okay for me to be jumping up and down because I am so happy? I am so excited for CC. I just know that the show with her as the lead will be a huge success. Can or should be start to write to the UPN to show our support? Because that would be a great idea IMO.

Meanwhile, let's party!
Old 04-11-2004, 08:42 PM   #73
Kika
An Endless Repetition

Little bit of information on the pilot: Name Secunda's Sitcom
Kika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 12:43 AM   #74
nickletv

A WOO HOO, Yay, and You Go Girl for CC!

And here is where I start analyzing the crap out of stuff, lol.

Now after looking at thefutoncritic's listing of comedy pilot's in production and the current UPN sked what do you think the odds are of 'Play Nice' being picked up?

There are 7 comedy pilots being shot:

1. The Bad Girl's Guide (Has Jenny McCarthy attached. Seems like it'd be high up there on being picked up)
2.Humor Me
(3. I Do, I did, Now what has been axed from the development sked.)
4.Me, Me, Me
5. Second Time Around
6. One on One Spin Off
7. Untitled Soluna Project
8. Play Nice

The current sked for UPN:

Mondays
-The Parkers (ending this season)
-Eve (? for next season)
-Girlfriends
-Half and Half

Tuesdays
-One on One
-All Of Us
-Rock Me Baby
-Half and Half

Weds
-Enterprise
-(Open Hour)

Thurs
-WWE

Friday
-Movie of the Week

So now it looks like this show would be on Mon or Tues. If the One on One Spin Off is picked up it's likely it would air on Tues so it's mother show can help with the ratings. Also you can cut one of the Half and Half repeats and that leaves at least one hour of free comedy time on Monday (with The Parkers gone) or half an hour for Monday and Tuesday. So where does that leave 'Play Nice' ya think?

Looking at the descriptions of the shows, 'I'm thinking 'Play Nice would be 3rd or 4th pick after the 'One on One Spin Off", "Bad Girl's Guide", and 'Me, Me, Me". It could be a close pick-up unless UPN thinks more of CC and TL's potential than I'm giving them credit for. It'd be nice if they did.

(And BTW I would squee with unimaginable joy if NB and ASH guest starred on the show. Heck NB could be CC's brother's wacky old slacker buddy who she's attracted to against better reason, ASH a partner from the London Branch of the law firm who visits and makes her life hilariously hellish. Just for the hell of it Seth Green can be another slacker friend of the brother's, JAR and Emma Caulfield as rivals for the partner position at CC's firm and uh.....AD as CC possible recurring love interest. It can be a cavalcade of ME supporting players! I can dream darnit, lol)

Thoughts?

Last edited by nickletv; 04-12-2004 at 12:48 AM.
nickletv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 01:39 AM   #75
Silly Gilly
RamRod

I flipped on E! just now and saw the news on the E! News Live ticker. It runs a few times an hour while they show a program. Doesn't say anything new but it's nice she's getting attention.
Silly Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote