View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 08:52 AM   #23
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
Well, generally, yeah. But this method had served me well for many years:

If Siskel like it and Ebert didn't, I wouldn't like it either.
If they both liked it, I probably would as well.
If Ebert liked it and Siskel didn't, I would love it.

So yes, no more Siskel for that equation, but Ebert had, to understate, issues with Airbender. So, you know...

As always though, to each their own.
That's funny because I haven't agreed with Ebert in years. I actually commented on IMDb that if Ebert hated it I'd probably love it.

I especially disagreed with his comments about Video Games not being art, even though he's never played one and refused to play one. I don't care that he came out and admitted he was wrong for commenting w/o giving it a shot. Even his defense was sort of a backhanded slap at Video Games.

I'm not defending the movie b/c i haven't seen it but i think that with Ebert's review you have to keep two things in mind. Ebert has been vocally against this movie prior to release because he didn't like the casting choices (felt there were racial discrimination issues by not casting Asians/Inuits in lead roles) and he hates and I do mean hates 3D.

I'm not saying these issues aside he would have loved the movie or proclaimed it great but I'm betting that .5 star would have been closer to 2 1/2 out of 5.

Then again, what do I know? The movie could suck a$$. We'll let you know in 3 days.