View Single Post
Old 03-15-2004, 02:12 PM   #54
rolandro

Quote:
Originally posted by filwdork
I never saw 'Angel' when it was on real time, I actually didn't start watching until this summer when I borrowed my friend's Season 1 DVDs for like a month and watched them a million times. The first few episodes I wanted Cordelia and Doyle together but my favorite C/A moments are in Room w/ a Vu.

He brings her the dorky cactus, which I just thought was new for Angel and his social skills.

Angel is the one that is all touchy/feely when dragging her from the apartment and telling her she's "better than that". And his whole forceful, "You're Cordelia Chase..." blah blah blah, which to me means that Angel knows more about her than she was the head of the Cordettes and cared a lot about shoes. From then on I was all about C/A.

Parting Gifts is another one of my favorite episodes for C/A. Especially when he saves her and she hugs him while still in game face. She's accepted that part of him and isn't afraid of it.

Most of my moments come from Season 1, just because I have them memorized more.

Anyways, that was a bit of babbling but it's late. Thought I'd add my two cents.

With the exception of picking up most of S4 through reruns (and dying to figure out what i was watching). . . I was actually watching BUFFY last summer, until the end of S3 of THAT. . . and then Angel, S1 and S2 and S3 on Sundays in the fall. S4 is back in reruns and I've pretty much caught up with everything. I feel truly powerful now.

I read LOTR out of order all the time. Hated Mordor. Hate. Tid. Dit.

Thanks for S1 reminders. I watched them over and over, too. RWaVU, where Angel figures out she's looking for redemption as well - perhaps the first time Angel's ever looked at her as a moral person with a conscience. "You're CORDELIA CHASE!" where not only is Angel irritated at her cowardice, he's baffled by it. Cordelia? Blubbering? So WRONG!

Hero. Cordy is renting/driving the truck, organizing the people, negotiating with the Captain, basically holding up a huge amount of responsibility for someone who is supposedly unable to file or type. I loved that implicit understanding of teamwork early on. Even though it was mostly Doyle Cordy show, I always thought it was one of the first episodes(pre vision) where you see her taking the mission seriously, for her own reasons. I mention this because we see Cordy becoming, for lack of a better word: worthy. Worthy of affection.

Still, my favorites from S1 are breakfast at the end of 'Parting Gifts' eating eggs and inviting Wes to join. The first of the little family. Angel cooking for her is *so* an act of gratitude and a sign of affection. I could see her yammering on for hours, Angel taking in, (he gets hooked on her sense of humor) like television in the background, before she goes home. TSILA bed side, all of it. The Look At Angel when she awakens.
rolandro is offline   Reply With Quote