View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 02:37 PM   #24
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

And on to Part 2 then...

THE greatest moment in the history of Buffy. Just when the viewer was starting to get totally bored with the constant bickering...

XANDER: Could you sit down or change your pattern or something, you’re making me queasy.

CORDELIA: Because you’re just sitting there, you should be thinking of a plan.

XANDER: I have a plan, we wait, Buffy saves us.

CORDELIA: How will she even know where to find us?

XANDER: Cordelia, this is Buffy’s house, odds are she’ll find us.

CORDELIA: Well, what if she doesn’t? What am I supposed to do? Just waste away down here with you? Ha! No, thank you!

XANDER: What are you doing?

CORDELIA: Going to see if he’s gone!

XANDER: That’s brilliant, what if he isn’t?

CORDELIA: Oh, right, you think we should just slack here and hope that somebody else decides to be a hero? Sorry, forgot I was stranded with a loser!

XANDER: And yet I never forgot that I’m stuck with the numb brain who let Mr Mutant in the house in the first place!

CORDELIA: He looked normal!

XANDER: What is he supposed to have an arrow with the word assassin over his head? All it took was the prospect of a free makeover and you licked his hand like a big dumb dog!

CORDELIA: You know what? I’m going! I’d rather be worm food than look at your pathetic face.

XANDER: Then go, I’m not stopping you!

CORDELIA: I bet you wouldn’t. I bet you’d let a girl go off to her doom all by herself!

XANDER: Not just any girl, you’re special.

CORDELIA: I can’t believe that I’m stuck spending what will probably be my last few moments on Earth here with you!

XANDER: I hope that these are my last moments three more seconds with you and I’m going to –

CORDELIA: I’m going to what? Coward!

XANDER: Moron!

CORDELIA: I hate you!

XANDER: I hate you!

Then they burst into a hilariously passionate kiss complete with cheesy music, before both running out of the basement, preferring to face Worm Guy than each other. Come on, even a non-shipper (i'm not a great supporter) has to admit that this was a good scene. Even Cordelia and Xander were non-shippers so in a way, no one really wanted this to happen, but it produced a great scene. which leads to Cordelia later taking her anger out on the little bitty worms.

NEXT!

At Weekends My Name Is Ernie
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote