View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 09:39 AM   #41
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn View Post
I really liked this episode. I really didn't see any of this coming either. I was completely shocked when the walkers attacked the camp at the end. I didn't see Amy getting bitten and killed at all. I probably should have though.
And I was just starting to like her...I even learned her name...kept calling her Lisa until this episode. I also agree this was a great episode it had the perfect combination of action/suspense and character development/drama. Poor Andrea, my heart broke for at the end. When the Walkers attacked I wondered if Merle was going to come to the rescue because the others thought he was on the way back to camp. Then when he didn't show and it was Rick and the guys coming to the rescue I wondered if Merle somehow led the Walkers to camp as part of his vengeance.

Quote:
I'm not hating Darryl as much as I thought I might. He's redneck asshole, but at least he can be reasonable and he can work with others. Unlike his brother. I wonder where Merle is? I have a feeling we're going to find out...and it ain't gonna be pretty.
I think I love Darryl, he's the perfect level of asshole. He's a jackass but he's got honor, loyalty and a conscience. He's also funny as hell at times. I also find that this racism isn't as bad as Merle's. With Merle it's all about hate and (probably) fear. With Darryl it seems to be about ignorance, it's like he believes the stereotypes. This means that he can learn and hopefully overcome his prejudices.

I will give Merle one compliment, he is a BAMF. Totally, cut off his own hand, took out 2 Walkers and than burned the stump to stop the bleeding. Dude is fierce.

Quote:
I totally painted the other people with a gangbanger brush from the start. They didn't help matters, trying to act all tough....but it really was just an act. I felt so bad for them after I saw that they were just protecting a bunch of senior citizens. That's just....awww.... Seriously.
I absolutely love how that storyline played out. Here are these supposed badass gang bangers yet they stayed to take care of the elderly while the staff just abandoned them. Since I think a large part of the show will deal with what happens to our humanity when civilization falls apart I found this really interesting.

Quote:
Um....about the attack at the end? The guy digging the graves totally saw it coming. Is he psychic? Weird!
That's what I came away with, I knew he was digging graves and at first I thought it was in reaction to what Shane had done. Basically Joe(?) figured that society was falling apart and they'd all turn on each other. After he mentioned having a dream, I figured he was psychic. Very interesting development.

I also have to say that I thought Shane was greatly improved in tonight's episode. I liked how he interacted and dealt with Joe. I don't know where they're going with the character but I like that there's depth to him.

On a total shallow note, Andrea look absolutely radiant in that fishing scene.