View Single Post
Old 04-05-2004, 03:22 PM   #169
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

Bert, ploughing a way through the crap of season 4 like a Juggernaut through a pile of feathers...

Slouching Towards Bethlehem

It's hard to find anything positive to say about any of the episodes at the moment, but I'll do my best...

Cordelia: So we know each other?
Angel: Yeah, really well.
Cordelia: OK, um... who am I?

Things that Cordy remembers:

Numbers. Fair enough pretty basic.
Animals. Ok, a little bit random, but not totally unsurprising.
Flossing. Wha? Well, she always did have a thing about her teeth...

Flashback to The Shroud of Rahmon. Cordy is staring at a reflection of herself. Her voice is all dreamy and slow. "My teeth are so big!"

Sorry, i'm going for anything that can take me away from season 4... anyway, back to Amnesia!Cordy...

CORDELIA
The ballet? For real? You and me?

ANGEL
We all went, but yeah. (beat) Pretty special. (Cordy walks around room) I thought maybe you'd remember because... It's too bad. We had, uh, a really good time. Working together too.

Practising being Cordy...

CORDELIA
Cordelia. (chipper) Hi. I'm Cordy. I'm Cordelia Chase. I'm— Just breathe. Just breathe. (sighs, walks to a nearby table) Sunnydale. (opens yearbook, sees picture of her as cheerleader) OK, popular. No real surprise there. (flips to messages written by classmates)
(reading) "Cordelia, homeroom was fun. Too bad it burnt to the ground."
What?

Flashback to Buffy's Graduation Day Part 2. As the School blows up, Cordy stakes her first Vamp...

Anyway, then Cordy runs out and knocks out some lawyers...

CORDELIA
Wow. How did I—? (beat) I am a spy. (Angel sighs) I get it now. You're all spies. Probably all Russian. And you've brainwashed me, and want me to believe we're friends so I'll spill the beans about some nano-techno-thingy that you want.

GUNN
So... I look Russian to you?

CORDELIA
Black Russian.

ANGEL
That's a drink.

Actually, now that i think about it, there were some good quotes this ep...

Safe? Is that some kind of joke? Your friends here were just talking about murdering children. And there's-there's-there's singing and blood and-and pointy things. And did I mention the singing? I mean, what the hell is going on here, Angie?

Laugh at Angie...

CORDELIA
And you and me? We weren't—

ANGEL
Weren't...

CORDELIA
Together? (leans in for a kiss)

ANGEL
(leans in for a kiss) Not exactly.

CORDELIA
(suddenly pulling back before they kiss) Was I a nun?

ANGEL
A what?

CORDELIA
Were we not a happy family because I was a nun?

Then she hands him a bunch of crosses, he smokes and she screams, she runs, straight into Lorne who defends himself...

LORNE: Hey, if this was about that missing lingerie, that was for a friend. Ok, that is proof that he's either gay, or in love with Cordy... Not Fred... or anyone. Cordy, he's taking her lingerie!!!! That's like the 7th stage of love....

CORDY: That's... everything? (sighs) It all makes perfect sense now. (stands, paces) I was a cheerleader, a princess and a warrior. And I have visions and super powers and I'm the target of an evil law firm because I've spent the last three months living on a higher plane, fighting for the forces of good, who wage a battle against (counts on her fingers) demons and evilies and squishy bug babies, 'cause all that stuff's real and that's the world I live in. And I think I know why I don't remember any of this 'cause, hey— who'd want to!

Flashback to Buffy's Faith, Hope & Trick. Xander: Can she cram complex issues into a nutshell or what?

Whoops, I'm doing it again, aren't I? Sorry...

Anyway, then they get her to sing for Lorne and she sings "The Greatest Love of All."

Flashback to Buffy's The Puppet Show. Cordy - Ok, I'll stop, I promise!!!

Cordy: You keep telling me I was a higher being. Don't make me turn you into a rat.

Gunn: Can she do that?

Anyway, Cordy - herself bored with the goings on of Season 4 voices her opinions about the series finale. I don't want cookies.

Are you sure?

Look, I don't want cookies

Ok, ok, back to the ep, then...

Cordy: Then why am I so scared? (sits up in bed) I'm trying to remember little things. Do I have brothers and sisters? What's my favorite food? Who was my first kiss? There's nothing there. Just an empty... (starts to cry) Do you know how lonely that makes me feel?

Connor: You like shoes. And Donuts. And you're very brave.

Cordy: Really? Donuts?

Sorry, i couldn't resist...

Flashback to 'To Shanshu In LA'.
Wesley: What connects us to life?
Cordy: Right now, I'm going with donuts...

Right, well that's it from me for this episode... Sorry about all the flashbacks... But they were just so much better....

At Weekends My Name Is Ernie
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote