View Single Post
Old 02-17-2004, 09:00 PM   #46
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Platypus
Thanks for taking one for the team SamIAm!!!
No problem. If "Amends" shows us anything about B/A, it's just how one-sided it was, and not on the Angel side. For that, I'm grateful. So many people just don't get it, but those people probably never will, so you know...

Plus, it's like the first time in the series Angel tries to do something without clearing it through Buffy first, so there's that.

Quote:
We get some nice Cordy/Giles scenes in Giles' car, not to mention her waking him up after he was knocked unconscious for the umpteenth time in the show's history.
Yeah, but, "One of these days, you're going to wake up in a coma" is a particularly sucky bit of foreshadowing.

So on to Helpless, one of my all-time favorites. Not a lot of Cordy, which was becoming typical for the era, but what Cordy there was rocked. First she makes it clear to No-Neck that there are limits to her patience. Obviously the guy was a transfer student if he didn't already know that. Then she wails on him, as only Cordy can do, when he gets physical with Buffy. (Okay, a transfer student and a moron.) But my favorite scene, and the one I refer people to when they start all that crap about St. Cordy, is in the library after Giles tells Buffy what he did. Cordy walks in not knowing anything about what's going on and no one explains the situation to her, yet when Buffy asks for a ride home, the response is "Sure." She knows this is not the time for snide.