View Single Post
Old 02-14-2004, 06:39 PM   #31
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Platypus
Killed by Death

This is one of my favorite Season 2 episodes.
I generally watch it by fast-forwarding through any scene that doesn't have Cordelia in it. And I still want to know what Cordy saw on Buffy's nose that no one else could see.

Okay, if I do "I Only Have Eyes For You,", aka "Murder/Suicide Is A Sign Of True Everlasting Love" or "Statutory Rape Is Okay If It's For Twu Wuv!," (Are you sensing that I don't like this episode? 'Cause I don't. Not at all.) I don't have to do "I Will Remember You." Deal?

Once again, in this overly melodramatic BuffyNAngle4EVAH!!!! piece of crap, Cordelia's main role is to point out what Buffy's issues are:

Buffy: No. James destroyed the one person he loved the most in a moment of blind passion. And that's not something you forgive. No matter why he did what he did. And no matter if he knows now that it was wrong and selfish and stupid, it is just something he's gonna have to live with.

Xander: He can't live with it, Buff. He's dead.

Cordelia: Okay. Overidentify much?

I often thought Cordelia should have been Buffy's personal therapist, so keen was Cordy's insight into what made Buffy tick. Then again, Cordy was able to do that to Angel as well, and I guess he needed it more.

And of course later on, Cordy joins in the ill-advised spell to cast out the ghost, giving us this memorable line:

Cordelia: I shall *totally* confront and expel all evil.