View Single Post
Old 02-04-2004, 10:28 PM   #11
cordy_n_angel
Gunn and Harmony 4-Ever!

The moment Cordy leaned in and hugged Angel in the Season Three premiere and proclaimed "He's Back!" was when this C/A shipper was born. Tonight with the final "Thank You", I was put to rest.

I had always figured that sooner or later they would develop a realtionship since they were the male and female lead on AtS and I was so happy to see how comfortable and not-forced their first interactinos were in "Hearttrob". It felt natural and something I don't think I'd ever felt for a couple before on television. To put it frankly, I fell in love like never before.

I watched it through the sub-text and then through the hard times, hoping against hope that it would all pay off after "Tommorow". I waited with excitment all summer for Season Four and then frowned and dissaproved at what came forth.

My heart broke to see Angel witness Cordelia(or so he thought) betray him with his own son. I left the C/A fandom for awhile to cool down and then with "Awakening", I saw what could have been and I continued my love for this couple.

Once again, I hoped for the best during last summer. I believed in my couple, that perhaps they could get together and work things out. I was sadly dissapointed when she didn't return and all season I've waited for tonight.

Now it's here and now over. I'm not sad at all, which is the oddest thing, I'm happy for what was and that we got to see C/A end on a happy note, it was complete, the story has been told and I'm glad to have been along for the ride.

(I never thought I'd say this) Joss, thank you for creating these two wonderful characters and for thinking they could be together. Thank you David Greenwalt for furthering the relationship and believing in our couple. And last but certainly not least, thank you to David and Charisma, for without who, we'd never have seen what real chemistry could be like. Thank you!

~Nikki~
cordy_n_angel is offline   Reply With Quote