View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 12:55 PM   #48
Queen Of Tact
Because she's our Cordy!

Well, I thought I would wait a few days after reading the book to try and sum it all up...
First I really did enjoy the book. It was so much better then HBP... I think more then anything I wanted to see Harry happy in the end... After everything he's been through he deserved the chance to live a happy normal (well as normal as possible) life.... I didn't even mind the H/G in this book as much as i did in HBP... It's not that I don't like H/G (yes I rather have H/Hr) but in the last book it was too much like bad fanfiction. I think JKR needed to build it up a little more between them... She had done well with H/G in the first couple of books, but then kinda let it fall to the side (IMO). Then it was like in HBP it came back out of nowhere oh i love you i love you, and left me feeling like WTH when did Harry start having feeling for Ginny.... Now as far as Hr/R go it was still kinda blah to me (better then HBP)... Though I think it has to do more with the fact that I have a hard time liking Ron... A part of me really wants to like Ron, but then the other half wants me to smack him for being a prat.... I know a lot of people really love Ron, but most of the time (after the 3rd book) he just rubs me the wrong way... So aside from the ships the book was great... It was a good mix of light/dark, humor/grief..... I also liked that she brought back some older characters (Mmm love me some Oliver Wood)... Plus we really got to see Neville come into his own in the book, and really show that he is a true Gryffindor.... It was also nice to learn more about Dumbledore and Snape...

What I didn't like about the book... Why did she have to kill both Lupin and Tonks!!! Maybe it was the way she did it.. To me it felt like she forgot about them then was like oh crap I need to do something oh i know i just kill them... It's fine if she wanted to kill them but I think they deserved better then oh their dead.... The only really other thing I didn't like was she left so many things open... Yes we know that H/G, Hr/R get married and have a couple kids.. But what about everything else? What do they do for a living did they go back to school? What about all the other characters? How did everyone deal with the aftermath of what happened? I hate having so many unanswered questions....

I only hope that she'll do some kind of question and answer about the book or write something about the other characters....

CC
Breathe your beauty into me

By Tara Maclean

Charisma's Bitche #5
Team Cordy #190
Queen Of Tact is offline   Reply With Quote