Thread: Iron Man
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 11:46 AM   #31
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century View Post
My review: OMFG. Everything you've heard is true. RDJ really is all that and a bag of chips. (Plus totally doable, and I say that as someone who's never really thought of him that way before.) Best meeting of actor and role since, well, since Harrison Ford and Indiana Jones, and you'll get to see that trailer too.
I must say I was very exicted for this movie and it certainly lived up to my expectations, then again I never read the comics and only had a passing knowledge of Tony Stark/Iron Man.

Considering I actually used to watch Ally McBeal for RDJ I'd say he was always doable but this movie certainly raised him to the top of the list

Quote:
I've said to a few different people that Downey had the opportunity to raise the superhero bar with this one. I am telling you now, he slaps the bar down, breaks it in half -- with his teeth -- replaces it with a 12-foot concrete wall strung with razor wire, and goes, "There. Get over that, Ed Norton. You little bitch."
Agreed I think he took comic book hero/comic book movies to another level with this one. Of course I totally loved your turn of phrase and wonder if Ed Norton can make The Incredible Hulk work, of course having Tim Roth in the cast can't hurt, lol.

Quote:
Loved the various nods to canon -- or at least the original canon -- throughout. Terrence Howard is ideally cast as Rhodey. Jeff Bridges is incredible, as always. And make sure you stay until the credits are over!
Speaking of Canon, did Jon Favreau play Hogen? If so doesn't he end up with Pepper Pots? That's what they said on Wikipedia anyway

PS - On a sad note I didn't get to see the new "Dark Knight" preview, but the Indy one totally rocked..I was the geeky little fan girl in the front row clapping like crazy during the Indy 4 preview.