View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 09:47 PM   #29
25cent

I never found Buffy and Angel to be a really interesting relationship; I thought Cordelia and Angel made wonderful best friends and the idea of them moving beyond that was always an exciting one. I remember that episode when Cordelia told Angel that she loved Groll--or whatever the hell his name was--and I think it's at that moment that Angel might realize that he does love Cordelia. I think he loved her before she loved--or realized that she loved him.

As to the "Romeo and Juliet" love aspect of their relationship, I never found "Romeo and Juliet" to be a very appealing love story. There is really no love between those two, just obsession and youthful lust. If Buffy and Angel people are comparing that relationship favorably to "Romeo and Juliet," then they are missing the point of the play, imho.

Where Angel and Cordelia would have gone as a couple can really only be played out in the mind of the fans sadly because it never reached beyond friendship. It's interesting to think about what might have been.