View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 11:23 AM   #23
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
Are we just avoiding the obvious, or does no one like the original Buffy movie? I thought it was fairly good for the campy B movie it was
I like it in a lukewarm kind of way, but I'd never rec it. For me, the movie is like one frustration after another. The fights aren't fighty enough. The vamps (even the head vamp) couldn't be taken seriously at all. The horror elements weren't played up enough. Everything could've been better if they'd just gone for more.

I remember the producers of the movie giving an interview where they basically said that, because of Luke Perry, they figured their audience would largely be teen-aged girls. And they didn't think teen-aged girls would care for too much fighting or anything too scary or bloody. So they didn't want to do anything too intense. And I wondered what teen-aged girls they'd been hanging out with because, when me and my friends would have slumber parties, watching scary movies (and I mean really scary movies) was part of the fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
And hey, anybody wanna mention the old Christopher Lee Hammer movies? C'mon, Horror of Dracula is pretty good.
I grew up on these movies because my mother loved them. However, all I really remember is how the damsels would be running through the woods, and Dracula would be walking after them all slow and calm. Because it's scary when the Big Bad doesn't even have to run to catch you.