Thread: Bones
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 10:37 AM   #46
Mo angel
TallGoodLookingWeirdHair

Location: in the undead heart of the California wine country..
Great question that I've asked myself many times and yet I still don't have an answer. DB definately knows the cool, brooding and sometimes viscious Angel/Angelus and played him to a stone-faced hilt. Never really over the top, he projected his emotions on his handsome face very well. Big plus, we got to know the character over 8 years, yet there was so much more to be discovered. With Seeley Booth, he's still in the development phase, so there's still much to be learned. He does seem like a pretty normal guy(and I stress the word, pretty!) who takes his job very seriously. A devout Catholic, he usually stays on the straight and narrow, but Boreanaz does occasionally play him over the top. More than just emoting with his face, DB has thrown in lots of body movement and of course is not restricted to night time hours. We know he's a former special forces sniper, with a gambling problem, a son out of wedlock that he adores and somewhat of a man-whore, but in the long run he's probably a 'deeper' character that, like I said, is still in development. So I guess at this time, I have to go with Angel as my preference, subject to change of course. David Boreanaz has grown immensely as an actor since his early BtVS days and he's put that knowledge to good use as Booth, which I'm sure over time, 'might' change my mind!

Mo
Mo angel is offline   Reply With Quote