Thread: Iron Man
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 09:26 PM   #19
Cordy's Bitch
Not amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dathan View Post
Well. I'm honestly biased against Iron Man because of events in Civil War. Let me break it down. I'm a huge Spider-Man fan, so I felt he betrayed Peter. I'm a huge Captain America fan and he spent all that time fighting Cap. But most importantly of all, Thor is my favorite comic book character EVER and he went along with Pym and Richards and cloned the God of Thunder with out his permission.
Like I said, he does the dirty work. To me, he's the Batman of the Marvel Universe (OMACs, anyone? The profiles used a few years ago by a villain to target each JLA member?)

Spider-Man and Captain America both have to remain above the moral fray, to be the paragons of the Marvel Universe (Spidey) and the USA (Cap). Neither of them are allowed to walk in moral shades of gray. Stark, on the other hand, was an arms dealer. He's a futurist, always planning for any eventuality. He's the one that is able to head SHIELD, ordering assassinations and men to their death when necessary. Reed Richards lives too much in an ivory tower. Stark is hard core real world to me, while trying really hard to maintain a moral center (and you're right, not always succeeding). To me, he's a far more complex character than Cap ever hoped to be.

And don't get me started on what they've done to Spider-Man....that's just wrong.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair. Or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Till then you've got a lot more punishment in store. So stand it like a man, and give some back."
Cordy's Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote