View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 10:58 AM   #21
Dathan
Buttkicking for goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
Dannyblue, you mention The Addiction. That is a good one. Lily Taylor is always good, plus it has Christopher Walken and Annabelle Sciorra. There's another movie released around the same time, also B&W, called Nadja. It has Peter Fonda as a Van Helsing like vampire hunter. It's about a brother and sister vampire who really hate each other. He even enlists the help of Fonda to help kill her.

And hey, anybody wanna mention the old Christopher Lee Hammer movies? C'mon, Horror of Dracula is pretty good.
The Hammer films were pretty much the movies that made me interested in Horror as a kid (along with the Elvira show) so I'm right there with you. I can still sit down and watch pretty much any one of them. Besides, I think I'm still a little bit in love with Ingrid Pitt.

There was a movie called The Forsaken that came out not too long ago. It was ok, not wonderful, but it was interesting how they treat vampirism more like a disease...to the point that when bitten you can take a cocktail of anti viral medicine and hold off the full transformation for a while.

RIP Gary Gygax, 1938-2008
RIP Michael Turner, 1971-2008
RIP Charlton Heston, 1923-2008
--This year sucks
Dathan is offline   Reply With Quote