Thread: Iron Man
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 06:56 AM   #30
Platypus
The Pointy End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century View Post
Okay, I know there are people here besides me who have seen this.
I went to see it Friday night with my sister. We both agreed it was the best movie we'd seen in a long while. Downey totally owned the role and, really, the movie given how he was present in just about every scene. He was fantastic, and the movie itself was smart, so kudos should also go out to Jon Favreau. The only thing I didn't like was Gwyneth Paltrow, but I always hate her so I went in knowing I'd have to grit my teeth when she was on screen. Still, a great movie.

Quote:
Loved the various nods to canon -- or at least the original canon -- throughout. Terrence Howard is ideally cast as Rhodey. Jeff Bridges is incredible, as always. And make sure you stay until the credits are over!
I had never read the comics so I didn't really know anything about Iron Man before seeing the movie, but I'll take your word for it. But we left during the credits!!!! (I've since found out what I missed, but still - boo for me!)

The preview for Indiana Jones looked good, but the preview for The Dark Knight (which was mostly Heath Ledger) looked GREAT! I'm pretty psyched for both of those later this summer.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote