View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 02:50 PM   #13
aikakone
SpunkyMisunderstoodGenius

Watched the first episode on Hulu yesterday, and didn't get to look at the 2nd one because my net decided to act up.

I really loved Amy Acker in the episode. She made it so interesting, and I think the writers gave her some good stuff to work with. I didn't love her as Fred, but that's perhaps because she was in the shadow of Charisma. I thought her Illyria was fantastic. The conflicted and twisted Whiskey Saunders is one of the best things about the Dollhouse.

I enjoy the character of Ivy. I have since the first time I saw her. She reminds me in looks of Tosh from Torchwood. Maybe that's the token really cute Asian chick.

Still love Boyd. I wonder if we'll ever get his story of why he even started working for the Dollhouse. He's always been suspicious of it, too, though not as obviously as Ballard. It does suprise me, though, that he's already head of security. Yes, he's the obvious choice from the characters who've been on screen, but I got the impression last season that he'd not been working for the Dollhouse all that long, either.

Oh, and the opening credits... what's that? All Echo, all the time? I know it's her show, but I found it lacking.

Look forward to more Alexis. The suit analysis was funny to me because it seemed so random at first.

I'll try to get to episode 2 this evening or perhaps tomorrow.
Wesley Brigadier #9
Team Cordy #245
What do you call a bunch of militant CC fans? A Charis-militia!
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote