View Single Post
Old 02-06-2004, 02:50 AM   #18
Carolina

Re: Awwww

Quote:
Originally posted by nickletv
My angle on that story would be C/X taking a while to get back to a good place, a two steps forward, one step back kind of thing as he would finally realize and deal with how much he did hurt her way back then, tell Willow and Buffy off and assert his right to date and love who he wants, and she would deal with how she didn't open up enough to him and wasn't there for him then like she can and wants to be now. After the usually against the odds big battle, Cordy is made human, and she and Xander set up the New England or California branch of the New Watcher's Council, have lots of kids, and live pretty much happily ever after
Sounds good to me. Your Jesse stories are too cute for words, btw. I understand your feelings about Lovers' Walk, though. I really wished they'd done a scene in the third season where Xander and Cordy really talked about what went down. Unfortunately, communication was one of their weakest points. At the time, they were just too afraid of getting hurt to really tell each other how felt. But the love was still there. I can't believe I just said something so sappy about a couple of tv characters.

Quote:
Originally posted by nodaskip
Cordy was talking to Xander again and Im guessing had a talk with him before she left town. But yet many writers turn them back into "I hate you."
I never understood that, either. They either do that or they don't even have Cordy and Xander acknowledge each other. I always figured they'd have a lot of unresolved emotions or sexual tension upon seeing each other again. I think at least be cordial or possibly snarky(but in a reasonably friendly way).

Anyhoo, I just loved them because they were the total opposite of B/A. Neither one of them went for all that dramatic crap and just seemed to enjoy one another. Another long post, I know, but I could muse on my X/C love all day long.

Last edited by Carolina; 02-06-2004 at 02:57 AM.
Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote