View Single Post
Old 11-29-2004, 05:31 PM   #41
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsbros3
Had Cordelia died, I think Buffy would feel some grief, but wouldn't have thought or cared about how Cordelia's death would effect Angel. With her personality at the time, it was all me, me, me.
I'm not the biggest fan of what they did to Buffy's character, but she was never so one-dimensional as you depict, IMO. The person you claim her to be cares apparently for no one but herself and I don't see that at all. Yes, she had a fixation about how things affected her, but she was also capable of empathizing with those she cared about and offering comfort. She would no doubt not have felt great grief over Cordy's death but she could and would have known that Angel would be grieving over her and even Xander would be affected. I'm not saying she would have made the trip to LA to comfort him, but I do think she would have at least made a call to see how he was doing or written him a condolence note. And if she didn't I think it would have been because they were not really friends at that point and had been apart from each other for some time, so she may have felt awkward approaching him during such a personal time. She may have felt his family of Gunn and Wesley were there for him and her presence might be an intrusion on that dynamic, but I don't think she wouldn't have thought about him and felt for him.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote