View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 11:35 AM   #22
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin' Lorne View Post
True, but maybe there are some time shifts in this movie. You know, flashbacks to little Spock and his mom, stuff like that. I can see that happening.
If thats the case, then I could see using a young actress then magically aging her for the "current time" or maybe you only see her in the past, but that would mean WR got cast in a cameo spot which would seem odd for her talent and fame. Unless she really has fallen from grace with the whole shop-lifting thing.

I personally have a tendency not to like "re-imaging" especially when it trots out stuff that isn't canon. I hated the fact that ST:E introduced Ferengi when it was clearly stated in ST:TNG that it was a first contact situation.

Like Platy's post about Pike. I just wonder how is that supposed to work? We know from ST:TOS that Pike was the Enterprise and Spock's original Capt. So shouldn't Spock/Pike be off on adventures while Kirk and the rest are at the Academy? However, that doesn't seem to be the premise because it's supposed to be ST:TOS - "The Academy Years".

I know this shouldn't bother me, especially since I really know nothing about the project other than casting and a vague premise. Guess I'm destined to be one of those "this sucks they're ruining the story" people. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong and it'll turn out great.