View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 09:56 PM   #34
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela View Post
I still liked Tom Cruise when the first movie came out. I think he played the character so strongly that to me Townsend's was weak and flat by comparison. To be honest, I would have paid big bucks to have seen Rutger Hauer play the role as Rice originally intended. I think he would have wiped the floor with both TC and Townsend at that role.

(Then again, I am an unapologetic RH fan, and have been ever since BladeRunner.)
I always tell people that Lestat was the only character TC ever played. When I see him in any other movie (I haven't seen Magnolia yet) he's Tom Cruise. However, to me watching Interview he really was Lestat.

Angela - I had no idea that Rice wanted RH to play Lestat, oh he so would have hit that role out of the park. I've been a RH fan since he scared the crap out of me in The Hitcher and kind of developed a crush on him in Lady Hawk - I was a kid, don't judge.

I've never actually seen Blade Runner I really need to watch that one of these days.

Speaking of Vamps - holy crap Bill (English?) and Jason (Australian?) from TB have accents...damn that just makes them all kinds of sexy.